Windows 10: One host inaccessible

Discus and support One host inaccessible in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Some advice, please, on this network problem: There are 3 Win 10 hosts on my home network: BOUDICCA, GILGAMESH and HIPPOLYTA. File Explorer/Network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by deadstick, Dec 7, 2017.

1. deadstick Win User

One host inaccessible

Some advice, please, on this network problem:

There are 3 Win 10 hosts on my home network: BOUDICCA, GILGAMESH and HIPPOLYTA.
    File Explorer/Network shows all three hosts from any other.
    All three hosts can ping one another, by name and by IP address.
    On HIPPOLYTA, clicking either of the other two in File Explorer accesses their top-level directories.
    On BOUDICCA, clicking either of the other two in File Explorer accesses their top-level directories.
    On GILGAMESH, clicking BOUDICCA accesses its top-level directories; clicking HIPPOLYTA gives "Windows cannot access/network path not found".
    All three hosts have Network Discovery turned on, and "Use user accounts and passwords" selected.
    Router is a Netgear R7000, and its Attached Devices page shows all three hosts as connected, with IP addresses in agreement with what they show in ipconfig.

TIA...

:)

deadstick, Dec 7, 2017
  2. pht2015 Win User

Google account login not working with Microsoft Family Safety enabled.

Unfortunately, my kids are still unable to log into their school's Google Apps account. They can log into their google.com account, however, which they weren't able to do before. But their school work is hosted on the school board's Google Apps and remains
    inaccessible with Family Safety on.

pht2015, Dec 7, 2017
  3. RWhitacre Win User
    How do I use a networked optical drive in windows 10

That is the stop-gap I was referencing that does not actually solve the issue. If I insert a music disc, the hosting machine will recognize it as media and play it in the appropriate program. Over the network, an enhanced cd or protected DVD will show as
    a folder with contents such as autorun or inaccessible files.

RWhitacre, Dec 7, 2017
Thema:

One host inaccessible

1. One host inaccessible - Similar Threads - host inaccessible

2. Cross Device Experience Host not installing or updating on Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Cross Device Experience Host not installing or updating on Windows 11/10: [IMG]You may have encountered repeated failures when attempting to install or update the Cross Device Experience Host. The Cross Device Experience Host is a feature introduced by Microsoft to enhance connectivity between your PC and mobile devices, particularly Android...
  3. Service Host: Inventory and Compatibility Appraisal Service is eating up all the available...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Inventory and Compatibility Appraisal Service is eating up all the available...: After updating my Windows11 a few days ago, the Service Host: Inventory and Compatibility Appraisal Service starts eating up all the available memory. It slowly uses more and more memory until it reaches 99% at which point browsers and other programs cannot function anymore...
  4. Service Host: Inventory and Compatibility Appraisal Service is eating up all the available...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host: Inventory and Compatibility Appraisal Service is eating up all the available...: After updating my Windows11 a few days ago, the Service Host: Inventory and Compatibility Appraisal Service starts eating up all the available memory. It slowly uses more and more memory until it reaches 99% at which point browsers and other programs cannot function anymore...
  5. Start menu experience host stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu experience host stopped working: Daily, the event viewer shows error for start menu experience.A screen shot is attached.No problems found in sfc, DISM, chkdsk.Tried looking on the web, but so much geek speak.Anyone have a solution , in plain and simple English, for a 78 year old who is not a computer geek?...
  6. Start menu experience host stopped working

Start menu experience host stopped working: Daily, the event viewer shows error for start menu experience.A screen shot is attached.No problems found in sfc, DISM, chkdsk.Tried looking on the web, but so much geek speak.Anyone have a solution , in plain and simple English, for a 78 year old who is not a computer geek?...
  7. Start menu experience host stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. windows script host the system cannot find the specified file divi32.vbs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows script host the system cannot find the specified file divi32.vbs: windows script host the system cannot find the specified file divi32.vbs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-script-host-the-system-cannot-find-the/8f1f4f39-dc32-43e9-b24c-dfe1b35a7ef3
  9. windows script host the system cannot find the specified file divi32.vbs

windows script host the system cannot find the specified file divi32.vbs: windows script host the system cannot find the specified file divi32.vbs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-script-host-the-system-cannot-find-the/8f1f4f39-dc32-43e9-b24c-dfe1b35a7ef3
  10. Task Host Window preventing shutdown/Applications inaccessible

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Host Window preventing shutdown/Applications inaccessible: I was having trouble opening applications, so i tried to shutdown and got the message that Task host window was preventing shutdown. After waiting 5 minutes, i forced the shutdown and now i cant see any of my taskbar items, no applications work, and i still get the same error...