Windows 10: One keyboard multiple machines - any such animal

Discus and support One keyboard multiple machines - any such animal in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi folks is it possible to control say up to 4 machines with a single keyboard -- I'd like something with a simple switch / key numbered say 1 to 4 -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimbo45, Dec 30, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

One keyboard multiple machines - any such animal

Hi folks
    is it possible to control say up to 4 machines with a single keyboard -- I'd like something with a simple switch / key numbered say 1 to 4 - just press it and keyboard is routed to the relevant machine.

Note I don't need a separate box if possible -- switch should be integrated on to the keyboard --- I'm trying to save space and have a more orderly hardware arrangement in home office / Lab.

Monitors are easy enough but multiple keyboards is a REAL PAIN - especially if Wired as well !!!!

Any ideas folks.

Thanks --and Happy Newy Year everyone.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Dec 30, 2017
  2. Gorman NZ Win User

Microsoft Designer Keyboard issues on Windows 10

I am facing this issue as well.

Multiple machines all have the same problem.

When the keyboard is connected, whenever I hit one of the function keys the keyboard locks up for a couple of minutes.

This happens on all machines I have connected the designer keyboard to.

Gorman NZ, Dec 30, 2017
  3. JWWat Win User
    Making language and keyboard settings machine-specific rather than user-specific.

I use three machines, one a netbook with a US keyboard, one a larger laptop with a UK extended keyboard and the third a desktop with a UK extended keyboard. I want to use UK english as the defaut input language for all three machines, but use the machine-specific
    keyboard on each machine.

Unfortunately, the keyboard layout seems to be user-specific and keeps defaulting to the last one put into settings on whichever machine I last used. This can result in the UK machines changing to a US keyboard and the US machine changing to a UK keyboard,
    depending on what was last used via my MS login.

How do I get the keyboard layout to be "sticky" and therefore fixed to the actual layout on all three machines? It is a real nuisance to have to keep changing it (and reinstalling the necessary keyboard) in Region and Language Settings. Widows key + space
    bar doesn't help because the necessary keyboard keeps getting auto-deleted.

In case it makes any difference, I have installed the US language pack. I keep UK English selected as the default input language, which invariably results in the automatic deletion of the US keyboard layout on my netbook.

Surely this can't be a difficult fix? These settings need to be machine-specific rather than user-specific.

JW

JWWat, Dec 30, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Edwin, Dec 30, 2017
  5. alphanumeric, Dec 30, 2017
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    problem with that solution is a) Most desktop computers / servers don't have blue tooth and b) you have to keep unpairing and pairing to new device.

I've currently got 4 keyboards --real mess even though 2 are wired and 2 are USB wireless.

It would be much easier if a simple key on the keyboard could root output to relevant machine avoiding total spaghetti like knitting !!!

I've colour coded the relevant keyboards but still often pick the wrong one !!!

2 X servers and 2 X tower type desktops.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 30, 2017
  7. clam1952 Win User
    clam1952, Dec 30, 2017
  8. One keyboard multiple machines - any such animal

That keyboard can pair with multiple devices. No having to unpair and repair. Check the 3 green Bluetooth keys. I think it can handle 4 devices, 3 anyway from the picture of the keyboard. from the description "It could connect 3 Bluetooth devices and 1 RF wireless device at the same time." I want one for use with my many Raspberry Pi's. They have onboard Bluetooth. Right now I end up moving my dongle from device to device.

alphanumeric, Dec 30, 2017
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Gleðilegt nýtt ár (Happy New Year !!!)

I'll get some Blue tooth dongles -- seems to be the easiest way -- I've enough USB ports on servers etc -- 4 X USB3 plus a load of hubs so should be OK

Thanks

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Dec 30, 2017
  10. Kbird Win User
    Logitech has a range of Multi device Keyboards ( and Mice) you should check out too eg the 380,480 and 780 probably others , I also have a Microsoft one that does multiples. Not sure about a Full size keyboard though...

I guess a regular 4 port KVM ( USB or PS2) isn't an option?

KB

Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. One keyboard multiple machines - any such animal - Similar Threads - keyboard multiple machines

2. One language yet multiple keyboards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One language yet multiple keyboards: I have one language on windows yet I have multiple keyboards. I am not able to remove them.At first I just had 3 languages and I had English UK and Dutch installed. I removed Dutch to get rid of the keyboad but I accidentally put Dutch first. I put it back to how it was but...
  3. One language yet multiple keyboards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One language yet multiple keyboards: I have one language on windows yet I have multiple keyboards. I am not able to remove them.At first I just had 3 languages and I had English UK and Dutch installed. I removed Dutch to get rid of the keyboad but I accidentally put Dutch first. I put it back to how it was but...
  4. Windows11 animation lag with multiple monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows11 animation lag with multiple monitor.: As title, I have a computer with win11 and works well. But when I plugin multiple monitors2↑ on 1 GPU, some animationsLike max/minimizing window will be very lag.I experience some setup:A, 3090 with 2 Mon4K + 2K works wellB, 3090 with 3 Mon4K*2 + 2K very lagD, 3090 with 3...
  5. Windows11 animation lag with multiple monitor.

Windows11 animation lag with multiple monitor.: As title, I have a computer with win11 and works well. But when I plugin multiple monitors2↑ on 1 GPU, some animationsLike max/minimizing window will be very lag.I experience some setup:A, 3090 with 2 Mon4K + 2K works wellB, 3090 with 3 Mon4K*2 + 2K very lagD, 3090 with 3...
  6. Multiple desktops on machines with more than one display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple desktops on machines with more than one display: Hi there,I've got a suggestion that I don't know where to share and I don't have time to look through all the discussions. If someone finds it interesting and knows where to post it, please let me know. I really love working with multiple desktops on Windows. I usually work...
  7. Multiple desktops on machines with more than one display

Multiple desktops on machines with more than one display: Hi there,I've got a suggestion that I don't know where to share and I don't have time to look through all the discussions. If someone finds it interesting and knows where to post it, please let me know. I really love working with multiple desktops on Windows. I usually work...
  8. Odd Issue....Multiple Log In Accounts on One Machine

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd Issue....Multiple Log In Accounts on One Machine: I have 5 Windows 10 machines at home. They're all under my microsoft account...same password to sign in and I'm the only one who uses them. But I have one that has a second account. Same name (mine) but my password doesn't work. I show that I'm the only account.administrator...
  9. Trying to configure Unified Write Filter on one machine to work across multiple machines.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trying to configure Unified Write Filter on one machine to work across multiple machines.: Hello, We are currently tryng to upgrade all are systems to Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019, we are still using Windows 7 currently. We are creating are base Windows 10 image currently but running into an issue with the Unified Write Filter. We setup all are file and...
  10. Single keyboard - multiple machines --any such animal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Single keyboard - multiple machines --any such animal: Hi there I'd really love a keyboard that had say 4 buttons on it --like Fn buttons that would switch output to any one of 4 machines -- such a simple idea but why nobody hasn't yet got one out on the market I can't understand it I'm really FED up with messing around...