Windows 10: One more post on Bioshock crashes.......

Discus and support One more post on Bioshock crashes....... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi guys. Just wanted to quickly ask since I've never had such a problem with googling....problems. It's about the notorious crashes in BS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Siggi Trust, Jul 3, 2017.

1. One more post on Bioshock crashes.......

Hi guys.
    Just wanted to quickly ask since I've never had such a problem with googling....problems.

It's about the notorious crashes in BS Remastered games, that is BS1 Remastered and BS2 Remastered.
    I just played BS1 again on PC (previously on Xbox) and it crashed once and deleted my saves (except autosave). Now I'm playing BS2 and it's literally unplayable. It's crashed now 5 times on one level and I'm constantly paranoid about saving and paranoid about not saving too much etc. If it crashes while saving you lose your saves and if it crashes during gameplay it's more than likely a long time since you last dared to save.

Those are games I would like to play over and over for the next decades so I really want a permanent fix for this. It can crash literally anywhere.

I have tried the two solutions I've found without fixing anything. That is using the launch option -dx9 in Steam and changing something about Textures from 512 to 1000-2000 (so to stop it from crashing due to lack of VRAM).

I just have to ask in case anyone is playing or has played recently now that Windows 10 is here etc.....can no one....no one...find a solution for this game breaking disaster??

Also, the auto save feature does not help me....I tend to go through each level slowly and stealthily so it takes me hours to finish one level....and the game for some reason only auto saves when you exit a level/area.

:)

Siggi Trust, Jul 3, 2017
  2. 9 Cirno 9 Win User

Random crashing/freezing requiring hard restart after updating to windows 10

The crashing/freezing only happens while I'm playing a game. More specifically League of Legends/Dota 2/ Heroes of the Storm/Smite, however recently I've discovered it was happening with other games as well like the Bioshock series, Skyrim, Fallout: New
    Vegas, and others. It hasn't crashed while playing Tera or GMod. Oddly enough this problem has only occured after upgrading to windows 10. My question is what is the cause of this problem and is there any fix to this? I have scanned multiple times with multiple
    antivirus software and got no results. *edit* It just crashed while i wasn't playing any games or had any other processes running.

*edit 2* it's happening again and more often. Send help pls?

9 Cirno 9, Jul 3, 2017
  3. Cannot save games since Windows 10 upgrade

Did the same and still can not save, even on Bioshock 2 which was for Games for Windows Live,

I also am running an SSD.

ScareCrw56, Jul 3, 2017
  4. One more post on Bioshock crashes.......

Do you have the original version of BioShock/BioShock 2? Is it retail (discs), Steam, obtained via alternate means, what source? If I remember correctly BioShock didn't use Games For Windows (Live), but Bioshock 2 did. I do believe that at least one of them used either SafeDisc or SecuROM as well. Both of these are officially incompatible with 10. GFWL does work, unofficially anyway.

AnonVendetta, Jul 4, 2017
  5. I just bought it on Steam, I had the original two and got the Remastered free if I remember correctly. I'm not using Games for Windows at all I think. But I've seen it mentioned in a post somewhere. I'm not really familiar with SafeDisc/SecuROM but think I saw that mentioned somewhere too. I'm just playing directly on Steam anyways.

Siggi Trust, Jul 4, 2017
  6. SecuROM, SafeDisk and GFWL won't have any bearing on the crashes, as the remastered versions had all of that stripped out. I've played Bioshock Remastered for a few hours now with no crashes. @Siggi Trust are you seeing any errors in Event Viewer after the game crashes?

blackroseMD1, Jul 4, 2017
  7. well haven't checked but I'll do it when it crashes again. Where in the Event Viewer do I go then?

Siggi Trust, Jul 4, 2017
  8. One more post on Bioshock crashes.......

In Event Viewer, go to Windows Logs and look for errors under both Application and System. If any errors show up there, which they should, then they can hopefully help us pinpoint what's going on.

One more post on Bioshock crashes....... [​IMG]

9. Are the remastered versions identical in content to the originals? Or has stuff been added/removed? I usually go for the originals of any game as opposed to remastered/HD/etc, partly because devs tend to change stuff. I'm a purist when it comes to games. But if it's updated graphics and nothing more then I'm all for that.

AnonVendetta, Jul 4, 2017
  10. well been playing for hours now without a crash. What a coincidence.......
    On one more note though, my computer goes apeshit when I'm in menus, whether it's the main menu, shops, upgrade stations, map/goal screen etc.

Siggi Trust, Jul 4, 2017
  11. AnonVendetta....
    It's only supposed to be graphics in this instance....there is one addition in BS1R where there are additional making of collectables you can find on some of the levels and view.

Siggi Trust, Jul 4, 2017
  12. Do you have V-sync turned on? If not, and you're getting super high framerates, that could be the cause of the menu issues.

13. One more post on Bioshock crashes.......

They're 99.9% the same as the original games. Aside from stripping out the obsolete DRM technologies, it was mainly a graphics update to make the games look good on modern systems.

14. got a crash finally again.
    This is what I got in Application in the Event Viewer:

Fault bucket 108612901416, type 1
    Event Name: APPCRASH
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signatureOne more post on Bioshock crashes....... :p1: Bioshock2HD.exeP2: 1.0.0.1P3: 583f8341P4: Bioshock2HD.exeP5: 1.0.0.1P6: 583f8341P7: c0000005P8: 00737fa7P9: P10:

Attached files:
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERB133.tmp.mdmp
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERBBD3.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERBC01.tmp.csv
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERBC21.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_Bioshock2HD.exe_2657e43e1a997c87a0b7dd55 c8a7afe2df4213_69777d5c_5f74d015

Analysis symbol:
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: 4a397942-1e82-4dbb-972d-1737ae0426f6
    Report Status: 268435457Hashed bucket: 0c7821d6437bdff1a0d9398e0c9b7902

Siggi Trust, Jul 4, 2017
  15. Well it says in the ini file: UseVSync=True
    so I guess. Can't find a lot of graphics options in the menu inside the game itself. Now before the crash my computer was pretty much apeshitting the whole sitting. So I was kinda expecting it to crash eventually

Siggi Trust, Jul 4, 2017
Thema:

One more post on Bioshock crashes.......

1. One more post on Bioshock crashes....... - Similar Threads - more post Bioshock

2. Random Crashes... details in post

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Crashes... details in post: Hey everyone, this community has rocked helping me out in the past, lets see what you all make of this :So for about a month my computer has been randomly freezing/black screen/reboot after 10 seconds. The mini dmp files were always vague with identifying hardware being...
  3. Getting more and more frequent crashes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting more and more frequent crashes...: I have begun experiencing issues with my computer crashing randomly. Sometimes its during a game, sometimes its browsing the web. Sometimes the computer is idling or updating and when I come back, it has restarted from a blue screen of death crash. I have uninstalled and...
  4. Getting more and more frequent crashes...

Getting more and more frequent crashes...: I have begun experiencing issues with my computer crashing randomly. Sometimes its during a game, sometimes its browsing the web. Sometimes the computer is idling or updating and when I come back, it has restarted from a blue screen of death crash. I have uninstalled and...
  5. Getting more and more frequent crashes...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Yet one more Virtool/Excludeproc.D support post.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Yet one more Virtool/Excludeproc.D support post.: Seems I was affected by malware. Any chance you could help me out with this? I have seen various similar posts the past few days. Below is a link to my FRST log files. Thank you for helping us...
  7. Problem with Bioshock Remastered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Bioshock Remastered: I've been solving a problem for some time, game on Steam, Bioshock Remastered, when I'm try to run it, nothing will happen at all, but if I try to run the game from the game directory it will show me error 0xc000007b. I tried to fix it with 2K support, but after a week they...
  8. Bioshock Infinite doesn't run at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bioshock Infinite doesn't run at all: Hello, I have this very bad problem with Bioshock Infinite on Steam, and I tried every solution I found on the internet.The game doesn't run at all. Steam says "preparing at launch", then nothing happens. Also benchmark doesn't run.I have the game installed on folder H, and I...
  9. Bioshock 1 and 2 Remastered crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bioshock 1 and 2 Remastered crashing: when i play both Bioshock 1 and 2 remastered they keep crashing when i start a new game what can i do Also is call of duty modern warfare remastered for 32 bit since bioshock 1 and 2 remastered worked for me on 32 bit...
  10. 2 Questions In ONE Post

2 Questions In ONE Post: 1 any good backup app for chrome or any web browser ? 2 any good app to Kill stuck apps ? There was one i used a few months before // it was amazing the mouse did everything you clicked on the program that is freezing and it was out but cant remember the name *cry 116047