Windows 10: One of 8 Computers stopped Updating

Discus and support One of 8 Computers stopped Updating in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; It has Win 10 x64 bit 16 Gig ram 1 gig video 4 HD's, 2 DVD's It was my Windows 7 Media Server. I started running updates to Windows 10 and on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by theaudioanalyst, Sep 28, 2016.

1. One of 8 Computers stopped Updating

It has Win 10 x64 bit 16 Gig ram 1 gig video 4 HD's, 2 DVD's

It was my Windows 7 Media Server.

I started running updates to Windows 10 and on the one before the one that converts the user interface, it stops. It does not find any updates to Windows 10, so it has the old Windows 10 interface. Not that that's so terrible, but it won't update.

How do I get it to update please?

Thanks
    Stu

:)

theaudioanalyst, Sep 28, 2016
  2. JP23489 Win User

Network computers: one one, both computers visible, on the other, none

Hello this is driving me mad. I have a small private network with two computers connected by ethernet, both with the same firewall and anti-virus programmes and settings. On one computer, both computers on the network appear in the 'network' window, and
    on the other, neither computer appears. I have set all files and folders I wish to share on both computers with full permissions. When, in the Troublshooter on the computer that can't access the other network computer, I type the network folder I wish to access,
    it says 'Your user account doesn't have permission to access "\\xxxxx\xxxx".

I am using Windows 10. What really irritates me about these kind of problems is that Windows tells you you don't have permission, but doesn't give you an option to rectify it.

Any help would be most appreciated.

JP23489, Sep 28, 2016
  3. JP23489 Win User
    Network computers: one one, both computers visible, on the other, none

I thought I had responded to this but my response didn't save for some reason.

I don't want to use the HomeGroup option as it is limiting, but the homegroup doesn't work either. I've tried every troubleshooter possible and they give no solution. I have disabled anti-virus/firewall on both computers and again, this does not work. I've
    changed the ethernet cables, and this does not work either. The answer will be more complex than that. Any help greatly received.

JP23489, Sep 28, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

One of 8 Computers stopped Updating

Hi, I assume you are using build 1511, and haven't yet received 1607 (the anniversary edition).

To check your build: Windows key + R, type winver

You can upgrade manually- the rollout may extend to November, MS says. I would create a full disk image (Macrium Reflect (free) e.g.) as some experience difficulties with the upgrade.

You can upgrade thus:
    Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

Now if at present Windows update isn't working, you may well find applying the upgrade solves that.

dalchina, Sep 28, 2016
  5. That worked like a charm. All updated. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

theaudioanalyst, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

One of 8 Computers stopped Updating

1. One of 8 Computers stopped Updating - Similar Threads - Computers stopped Updating

2. How to update a windows 8 gateway computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to update a windows 8 gateway computer: Microsoft this is windows 8 I got it in 2012 on JuneI want to update it but back before the end support the update to windows 8.1 didn't appear I also searched on the official site for downloads but it just said "Device doesn't support this windows version" on each update of...
  3. How to update a windows 8 gateway computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to update a windows 8 gateway computer: Microsoft this is windows 8 I got it in 2012 on JuneI want to update it but back before the end support the update to windows 8.1 didn't appear I also searched on the official site for downloads but it just said "Device doesn't support this windows version" on each update of...
  4. Updates for Win11 8-8-23

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates for Win11 8-8-23: Cheers,Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-for-win11-8-8-23/ef654628-ba82-4ec9-b3c8-9aa64cb9add7
  5. Updates for Win11 8-8-23

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates for Win11 8-8-23: Cheers,Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-for-win11-8-8-23/ef654628-ba82-4ec9-b3c8-9aa64cb9add7
  6. How to stop installing one particular update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop installing one particular update?: So I get a message that Windows is trying to install a driver. It tells me that the one I already have maybe a better driver already but it's going to try to install the worse? driver anyway. I'm not a software developer or an engineer but even I know that it might not be a...
  7. "One Plus 8 is trying to project"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "One Plus 8 is trying to project": I've just had a pop-up twice saying that "One Plus 8 is trying to project" with the option to allow or block. I don't, and have never, owned a One Plus phone. What is happening? submitted by /u/R_12345678910 [link] [comments]...
  8. Window 8 not updating

Window 8 not updating: i have a windows 8 computer, and i tried updating my wndows but it wouldnt just just update.it is equally a treat to my computer as windows defender has stopped working....
  9. Computer occasionally stops using one GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer occasionally stops using one GPU: My Dell gaming laptop has two GPUs: an Intel card, and a GTX 1060. Every 30 minutes or so, no matter what I'm doing on my computer, it will randomly force the Intel card to do all of the work instead of sharing it between the two cards. The attached picture shows what it...
  10. Stop or disable all updates on the computer

Stop or disable all updates on the computer: Stop forcing changes to MY computer! Leave everything the way it is! I DO NOT WANT ANY UPDATES! GET OFF MY COMPUTER! **Original Title** I want ALL updates, upgrades, or ANY changes to MY computer stoped, blocked and rejected! Make no changes to MY computer EVER!!!!...