Windows 10: One of my windows 10 privacy settings reset upon rebooting my pc.

Discus and support One of my windows 10 privacy settings reset upon rebooting my pc. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, after reinstalling windows 10 on my computer about a week ago due to some issues I was having I've had this weird problem that the "turn background... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nicky_1179, Aug 22, 2018.

1. One of my windows 10 privacy settings reset upon rebooting my pc.

Hi, after reinstalling windows 10 on my computer about a week ago due to some issues I was having I've had this weird problem that the "turn background apps on/off" setting in the privacy tab keeps tunring on after I reboot the computer. I have most of the privacy settings turned off and those do not reset It's just this one. Apart form that the reset of my system works prefectly. I have already tried the "sfc /scannow" in cmd to see if it could find any problems but it didn't.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? thanks in advance.

:)

Nicky_1179, Aug 22, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Privacy tweaks...

• Turn Cortana Off. Bring up the Start menu and start typing. Click on the notebook icon in the left sidebar and choose Settings. From there, you can turn off Cortana.
    • Search online and include web results. When you turn off Cortana, you’ll see this option appear. You can turn it off if you’d rather not get web search suggestions from the Start menu, which log your typing and send it back to Microsoft so you can get live-updating predictions, just like you do on Google.com or in Chrome and Firefox.
    • Getting to Know You. In Settings > Privacy > Speech, Inking, & Typing, you’ll find a feature called “Getting to Know You”. This is probably the most sweeping privacy setting on the system, and even after turning off Cortana, you’ll have to disable this setting. Just click the “Stop Getting to Know Me” button to turn it off.
    • Cloud Info. Turning off Getting to Know You removes info from your device, but you’ll have to remove it from the cloud separately. In that same window, click “Go to Bing and manage personal info for all your devices” to clear the Getting to Know You Data from your Microsoft account.

• If you head to Settings > Privacy > Feedback & Diagnostics, you’ll see two settings:
    • Feedback frequency: Windows will occasionally ask you for feedback so you can send Microsoft your thoughts on Windows 10. If you’d rather it not bug you with such things, you can change it to Never.
    • Diagnostic and usage data: This feature can send a lot of data back to Microsoft, including how often you use certain apps, which apps you use most often, and memory snapshots (which can inadvertently include parts of a document you’re working on if something crashes). You can change this to Full, Enhanced, or Basic. You can read more about what each of these to here.
    Microsoft doesn’t let you turn off diagnostics completely, except on Enterprise versions of Windows. The Basic setting, they say, is data that is “vital to the operation of Windows”, including Windows Update and malicious software protection.

some may be duplicated. I found this info on Lifehacker, if anyone wants the full article.

Ahhzz, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

One of my windows 10 privacy settings reset upon rebooting my pc.

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

One of my windows 10 privacy settings reset upon rebooting my pc.

1. One of my windows 10 privacy settings reset upon rebooting my pc. - Similar Threads - privacy settings reset

2. Mouse Cursor Speed Reset Upon Reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Cursor Speed Reset Upon Reboot: Every time I reboot, my Mouse Cursor Speed is reset and I must go into the Accessibility Setting to change it back to a usable speed. This began happening within the last two weeks. How can I permanently set the speed to prevent this? I have a RedThunder M10 Wired Optical...
  3. Mouse Cursor Speed Reset Upon Reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Cursor Speed Reset Upon Reboot: Every time I reboot, my Mouse Cursor Speed is reset and I must go into the Accessibility Setting to change it back to a usable speed. This began happening within the last two weeks. How can I permanently set the speed to prevent this? I have a RedThunder M10 Wired Optical...
  4. Does my serial number change upon resetting my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does my serial number change upon resetting my pc?: I want to change my serial number because i got hardware banned from some multiplayer games for example fortnite and i wanted to know if i reset my computer and keep all my files, does it reset my serial number?...
  5. Does my serial number change upon resetting my pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does my serial number change upon resetting my pc?: I want to change my serial number because i got hardware banned from some multiplayer games for example fortnite and i wanted to know if i reset my computer and keep all my files, does it reset my serial number?...
  6. Problems with my Privacy Settings. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems with my Privacy Settings. Windows 10: Since I ran Reset aka System Restore, it feel like I'm having a new problem every day.Today when I powered up my laptop this warning message appeared over my Outlook icon on my bottom horizontal bar:I clicked on it and it said I needed to check my Privacy settings:I went to...
  7. My PC won't reboot after reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC won't reboot after reset: After reset my PC windows 10 it won't reboot .I try many times but it keeps showing :"the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an expected error.windows installation cannot proceed.to install windows click ok to restart the PC and...
  8. Privacy settings on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Privacy settings on pc: How do I change my privacy settings on my pc so I can play minecraft realms please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/privacy-settings-on-pc/1fb4d228-1f49-4676-8fa3-378e8bd2e951
  9. My kid’s PC is doing this upon reboot. Any ideas?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My kid’s PC is doing this upon reboot. Any ideas?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SwiftBoatVet [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gedbuu/my_kids_pc_is_doing_this_upon_reboot_any_ideas/
  10. Projection settings are lost upon reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Projection settings are lost upon reboot: I have my laptop hooked up to an external display via HDMI. The projection settings made using Winkey + P gets reset to "Duplicate" every time I reboot, and I have to go in and manually change it back to "Second screen only". Is there still a way to set this permanently?...