Windows 10: "One of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time." Error...

Discus and support "One of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time." Error... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell XPS 13 with Windows 10 on it. I'm trying to use an ASUS USB-AC53 Nano USB Wireless Adapter - it's a USB WiFI adapter. Don't ask my why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dmack0410, Jul 20, 2018.

1. dmack0410 Win User

"One of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time." Error...

I have a Dell XPS 13 with Windows 10 on it.

I'm trying to use an ASUS USB-AC53 Nano USB Wireless Adapter - it's a USB WiFI adapter. Don't ask my why I have to use that - it's a long story.

Anyway, when I try to update the driver from Device Manager, I get an error message:

"Windows encountered a problem installing the drivers for your device

Windows found drivers for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them.

ASUS USB-AC53 Nano USB Wireless Adapter

One of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time.

If you know the manufacturer of your device, you can visit their website and check the support section for drivers."

That's the whole error message. Here's some more information:

I downloaded the driver from the ASUS website so it should be the latest one that they have.

I've tried installing from a clean boot and it still didn't work.

I saw some post that said I should try to install from C:\Windows\WinSxs which I've done but it didn't work.

Please help!!!

:)

dmack0410, Jul 20, 2018
  2. DarkEgo Win User

Error when installing Win7

when Installing Windows 7 I get an error saying ""A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now. Note: If the windows installation media is in the CD/DVD drive, you can safely remove it for this step." What should I do to get Windows to install?

DarkEgo, Jul 20, 2018
  3. "One of the installers for this device cannot perform this installation at the time." Driver error

Hi Krishan,

I'd like to check if you're able to re-install the USB controllers? If yes and if you're able to use your keyboard and mouse again, our next step is to directly download the software and driver from the manufacturer's support site and manually install it
    for the device to be recognized properly on your PC. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Visit the device manufacturer's site and download the latest driver and software for your device.
    • Once the download is complete. Access Device Manager by pressing the
      Windows + X keys, then select
      Device Manager.
    • Locate and expand the adapter of the affected device. Right-click on the affected driver and select Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, select Uninstall. Ensure to check the Delete the driver software for this device. box to prevent the problematic driver from reinstalling.
    • Once you're done, double click the newly downloaded driver to start the installation.

On the other hand, if the keyboard and mouse are still not working, I suggest that you check if your PC supports a PS/2 port type keyboard and mouse. If yes, you can use this port type and proceed with the steps provided above.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jul 20, 2018
  4. "One of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time." Error...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

"One of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time." Error...

1. "One of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time." Error... - Similar Threads - installers device cannot

2. "one of the installers for this device cannot perform installation at this time" while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "one of the installers for this device cannot perform installation at this time" while...: "one of the installers for this device cannot perform installation at this time" this error occured when i tried to install the graphic driver now i dont have any graphic driver as i uninstalled the gtx 1660ti anyone please help the installation keeps failing...
  3. "one of the installers for this device cannot perform installation at this time" while...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "one of the installers for this device cannot perform installation at this time" while...: "one of the installers for this device cannot perform installation at this time" this error occured when i tried to install the graphic driver now i dont have any graphic driver as i uninstalled the gtx 1660ti anyone please help the installation keeps failing...
  4. Cannot install One Note

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot install One Note: I am trying to install one note for my pc but it doesn't install. It shows an error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-install-one-note/2752f2cd-11ba-4cf1-871e-db2f654a22b6
  5. One of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time." Error...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time." Error...: have a Dell laptop with Windows 10 on it. A few days ago after an windows update the keyboard stopped working . The windows gave me an error message and reverted the update . But the keyboard still hasn't started working . I tried uninstalling the driver and rebooting my...
  6. "One of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time" -...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "One of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time" -...: I've never had a problem with my wireless receiver for before until i recently tried it again after not using it for a few months. I am currently receiving the error message "One of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time" after trying to...
  7. My PC cannot perform any installation on drivers

My PC cannot perform any installation on drivers: Apologies in advance if what I say comes out disrespectfully. I have been dealing with an issue with my computer where I cannot update any drivers. I will let the PC search automatically for the updated driver software, but every time it will find it but not be able to...
  8. Cannot install this one Store app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot install this one Store app: Hello everyone On my laptop I have a weird issue with the Microsoft Store since last week. I have already installed and removed Python 3.7 or 3.8 from the store before without any problem, but now all I can seem to get is this: Something unexpected happened Reporting this...
  9. I cannot perform BIOS updates with bitlocker installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot perform BIOS updates with bitlocker installed: With Bitlocker, even if I disable bitlocker, or turn bitlocker off, I am still unable to run Dell Command Updates, which are BIOS updates. Is there a way to get around this> I have tried already tried disabling Bitlocker, and I have also tried Turning off Bitlocker....
  10. Cannot install GPU device drivers. One of the installers for this device cannot perform the...

Cannot install GPU device drivers. One of the installers for this device cannot perform the...: After installing the windows october update today I've tried updating to the newest device driver version of my GPU. The vendor's device driver installer fails with a general 1603 error. Inspecting the log file it shows this entry at the point of error: [ATTACH] When I try...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one of the installers for this device cannot

2. one of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time

3. one of the installers for this device cannot perform

4. one of the installer cannot perform,
  5. one of the installer cannot perform intel520,
  6. windows 10 one of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time.,
  7. blackhawk one of the installer for this device cannot,
  8. one of the installers of this device,
  9. one of the installers cannot perfom the installation at this time,
  10. one device cannot perform,
  11. one of the installers for this device can not perform the installation at this time,
  12. one one of the installers at this time,
  13. one of the installers for this device cannot perform installation,
  14. one of the installer cannot perform windows 10,
  15. Error 0xe0000246: One of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time.