Windows 10: One or more applications are using the iTunes scripting interface.

Discus and support One or more applications are using the iTunes scripting interface. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Back when I got Windows 10 I started having this problem with iTunes that I didn't have before with 7. When I go to close iTunes it freezes and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zaps13, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Zaps13 Win User

One or more applications are using the iTunes scripting interface.

Back when I got Windows 10 I started having this problem with iTunes that I didn't have before with 7. When I go to close iTunes it freezes and then this message pops up, "One or more applications are using the iTunes scripting interface. Are you sure you want to quit? If you do nothing, all applications that are using the scripting interface will be automatically disconnected in (20 second countdown)" My options are Quit and Don't Quit. When I hit quit, or let the countdown run out, it closes iTunes and everything is fine... for about 20 seconds, because iTunes suddenly re-opens by itself. *Mad Are there some new Windows 10 apps that are talking to iTunes even when it's off and they make it open again? This is really annoying because iTunes is always connecting to the iTunes store and causing lag spikes while I'm gaming. If it helps, here are pictures of all of the software I have installed. On a side note, can anyone tell me if there is some crapware that I can delete that I didn't catch?

One or more applications are using the iTunes scripting interface. [​IMG]

:)

Zaps13, Dec 6, 2015

2. iPhone listed as an unspecified device in Windows 10, can't upload photos

Hi Ampon,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; in order to transfer the files from iPhone to Windows Operating system, you need to have an interface application. Without using the interface application we cannot connect iPhone to the Windows computer.

Has you are able to perform the same tasks using itune application, because itune is the interface application which allows the IPhone to connect with Windows Operating System.

Hope it helps, for any query related to Windows Operating System, feel free to post on Microsoft Community. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 6, 2015
  3. "One or More Network Protocols Are Missing", is the error I'm facing while accessing the files of a PC on LAN

I am a Windows-10 Pro x64 user. I have genuine OS installed by a clean installation on a LENOVO G50-70 Laptop.

I have 3+ PCs over the LAN connected via Ethernet. Each PC has shared files. I am trying to access those shared files from my PC, but it says UNABLE TO CONNECT.

After I click on 'Diagnose', It looks for the problem, and throws the error as 'ONE OR MORE NETWORK PROTOCOLS ARE MISSING'. I tried to fix the issue by the troubleshooter, but it failed.

Next I googled the issue, and found it to be common among a large part of users and there's no apparent solution for it. I'm facing this problem since the last update by Microsoft, and have my PC updated to latest version.

I have tried all kind of primary troubleshooting steps, but to no avail. Tried resetting all the network protocols, including TCP/IP, but the problem persists.

Nabnit Kumar Mishra, Dec 6, 2015
  4. kentjapan Win User

Go into Windows (Ctril+Alt+Del) and click Task Manager. Then click Startup. Disable the Bluetooth startup items. I did. It fixed my iTunes issue that you mentioned and my Bluetooth mouse still works - no problem. I hope Apple fixes this annoyance so we don't have to keep finding workaround. That Bluetooth startup item might be needed one day.

kentjapan, Jan 17, 2016
Thema:

1. One or more applications are using the iTunes scripting interface. - Similar Threads - more applications are

2. Interface blur in applications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Interface blur in applications.: Hello everyone, I'm having a display problem in some applications. The interface blurs several times a minute. Screen scale 100%.Looks like the UI is being stretched from a lower resolution....
  3. Interface blur in applications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Interface blur in applications.: Hello everyone, I'm having a display problem in some applications. The interface blurs several times a minute. Screen scale 100%.Looks like the UI is being stretched from a lower resolution....
  4. Email used with more than one account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email used with more than one account: Hello,Since some days, when I try to connect to answers.microsoft.com, I see a page telling me: "It looks like this email is used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you want to use?".If I select the 1st choice "Work or school account", it is a failure.If...
  5. Email used with more than one account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email used with more than one account: Hello,Since some days, when I try to connect to answers.microsoft.com, I see a page telling me: "It looks like this email is used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you want to use?".If I select the 1st choice "Work or school account", it is a failure.If...
  6. Email used with more than one account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. One or more users on this computer have installed iTunes from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One or more users on this computer have installed iTunes from the Microsoft Store: hello!I accidentally uninstalled iTunes on my pc windows 10, and now, I can't re-install it. This happened just now. Can anyone please help me? I tried this and this but still, I'm getting the "One or more users on this computer have installed iTunes from the Microsoft Store"...
  8. Can No longer Open Firefox or iTunes - One or More Threads of xxx are

in Browsers and Email
    Can No longer Open Firefox or iTunes - One or More Threads of xxx are: This is a recent occurrence. Firefox sometimes starts after about 5 minutes but iTunes not at all. In the Task Manager, under Details, Analyze Wait Chain I'll see the message - One or More Threads of xxx are waiting to finish network I/O Firefox is at the latest...
  9. Using Chakra for Scripting Applications across Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Using Chakra for Scripting Applications across Windows 10: In Windows 10, the Chakra JavaScript engine powers Microsoft Edge and Windows applications written in HTML/CSS/JS. However with JavaScript’s increasing popularity in beyond-the-browser scenarios, developers have been requesting to host the Chakra engine outside the browser to...
  10. Completely broken interface and more!

in Windows 10 Support
    Completely broken interface and more!: I'm having a very odd problem that my Win10 GUI interface is completely broken! but fully functional. Let me explain, the majority of the elements from the new interface is missing. When I open a win10 app (not windows native program) the interface sometimes shows as a white...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. applications using itunes scripting interface

2. one or more applications are using the scripting interface