Windows 10: One or more audio service isn't running

Discus and support One or more audio service isn't running in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I turned my PC on this afternoon to find that 'one or more audio device is not running'. I have tried opening services.msc and starting windows audio,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TomWager, Jul 11, 2018.

1. TomWager Win User

One or more audio service isn't running

I turned my PC on this afternoon to find that 'one or more audio device is not running'. I have tried opening services.msc and starting windows audio, but I get this error:

Windows Could not start the Windows Audio service on Local Computer.

Error 0x80070005: Access is denied.

:)

TomWager, Jul 11, 2018

2. After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 11, 2018
  3. The audio service is not running?!

Hello Abu,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue. I would like to assist you further from here.

Please refer to the below steps to start the Audio service and cherck if it helps to resolve the issue

• Open Control Panel and select Administrative Tools, then View Local Services
    • Look for "Windows Audio" NOT "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder"

[Just click on any service, then press the letter "W" on your keyboard, it will take you to the services starting with the "w" letter]
    • Right click on the "Windows Audio" service and choose "Properties"
    • You will see 4 tabs, click on the last one, labeled "Dependencies"
    • In that tab, you will see the "This service depends on the following system components" box, it displays 3 services.

Beside each service there is a "+" icon, click on it to expand the list. The 2nd service will have 2 child services, the 3rd service will have 1 child service.
    • Now make sure that all the 6 services (3 main, 3 child) have the "Started" status in the "Services" window you opened earlier.
    • Most probably you will find one of those services are not running, just start all of them, then try to start the "Window Audio" service from the "General" tab.

However, if the issue is still unresolved, I would suggest you to
    check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Hope this helps.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 11, 2018
  4. One or more audio service isn't running

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

One or more audio service isn't running

1. One or more audio service isn't running - Similar Threads - more audio service

2. "The audio service isn't running"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The audio service isn't running": okay so one day i just opened my laptop and i noticed the volume icon has a red X on it and it says "The audio service isn't running" or "It doesn't look like you have any playback devices" or something like that and it was actually sudden like i didn't edit anything, i tried...
  3. "The audio service isn't running"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "The audio service isn't running": okay so one day i just opened my laptop and i noticed the volume icon has a red X on it and it says "The audio service isn't running" or "It doesn't look like you have any playback devices" or something like that and it was actually sudden like i didn't edit anything, i tried...
  4. "The audio service isn't running"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. One or more audio service isn't running in my Win 10 laptop.

One or more audio service isn't running in my Win 10 laptop.: Hi,Recently, I observed my speakers and mic are not working. I tried troubleshooting. But, it showed "One or more audio services isn't working. So, I searched about this issue on the internet and found some tips. But, none of them worked.While following one of the...
  6. One or more audio service isn’t running error

in Windows 10 News
    One or more audio service isn’t running error: [ATTACH]Are you encountering the Audio service error message One or more audio service isn’t running? If so, read on! In this post, we will outline […] This article One or more audio service isn’t running error first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. "One or more audio services isn't running" and "No internet icon showing for no reason"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "One or more audio services isn't running" and "No internet icon showing for no reason": Hi! I have a problem with my audio. The audio logo is showing an x mark and when i click on it, it starts a troubleshoot and then it says "one or more audio services is not working. I have found where it is occuring, in Services, Windows Audio is not working and if i try to...
  8. My audio will not work and gives me the problem "one or more audio services isn't running".

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My audio will not work and gives me the problem "one or more audio services isn't running".: I have tried troubleshooting this but it says that troubleshooting was unable to automatically fix all of the issues found. Does anyone know what to do to fix this? submitted by /u/main_atheist1 [link] [comments]...
  9. Help! "One or more audio service isn't running"

Help! "One or more audio service isn't running": Hello Having just uninstalled all manner of applications my computer ceased up. So I managed to run a System Restore which took a VERY long time but seems to have worked. However now when I run the Troubleshooter I get: "One or more audio service isn't running Not fixed"...
  10. The Audio Service isn't running.

The Audio Service isn't running.: On my computer (A Toshiba Satellite P770), suddenly my sound stopped working. After messing around with a laggy computer for a minute, it popped up with the speaker with a x next to it. And now, it's not exactly working. I tried to update the drivers from Device Manager, I've...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one or more audio service isnt running

2. one or more audio services isnt running

3. audio problem one or more audio device not running

4. one or more audio service is not running,
  5. no sound windows 10 One or more audio service isnt running,
  6. 6 One or more audio service isnt running,
  7. error: one or more audio service is not running,
  8. one or more devices isnt running properly,
  9. one or more audio service is not runing,
  10. one or more audio services isnt running after installing clownfish,
  11. one or more services are not running,