Windows 10: One or more computer sending email SPAM

Discus and support One or more computer sending email SPAM in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Apparently there are 1 or more PCs in the network sending out spam. I do not use a local email server. I have outlook from Office365 subscription... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by renkun, Aug 10, 2017.

1. renkun Win User

One or more computer sending email SPAM

Apparently there are 1 or more PCs in the network sending out spam. I do not use a local email server. I have outlook from Office365 subscription

How do I find the culprit? I have a Draytek Vigor 2830.

I have tried:

- Wireshark looking at [ tcp.port == 25 ]
    - Bitdefender Security suite scan on networked PC's

:)

renkun, Aug 10, 2017
  2. souloo Win User

ovi mail

it is not one person but all emails that i send to different people end up in their spam folder so it is across differen email service providers

souloo, Aug 10, 2017
  3. 7thSense Win User
    why is my windows phone sending spam emails over 5000 to be exact

Your Windows Phone does not send spam emails. The spam emails probably originate from a spammer who has got the login details for your email account. This means he can send them from anywhere..

7thSense, Aug 10, 2017
  4. One or more computer sending email SPAM

Hi renkun.

Can I ask how you know this?

I ask as MS sends you a weird message when you first get an account and the words lead to that conclusion but all they really want is to verify you.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 10, 2017
  5. renkun Win User
    My website host, reported to me that, PC(s) under my public IP was sending spam to hundred of people a day.

renkun, Aug 11, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    Have you checked your sent items to see if it is coming out of your mailbox? You really need to do a through malware scan by using the info in this link. Read Run Me First Malware Removal Guide (incl. Spyware, Virus, Trojan, Hijacker) | MajorGeeks.Com Support Forums After reading the instructions, seehttp://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139681 This will give you even more information. The CBL

Nothing should be using Port 25, since pretty much every ISP is using SSL/TLS and ports 587 for SMTP, 993 for receiving if the Windows 10 app may be set up with spam botting. Now you can also go into your gateway logs and see if it shows any issues. Net Tools is a really good program to put into your arsenal. Essential NetTools; the Swiss Army knife of network diagnostics - MajorGeeks

Wireshark is a really good program for sniffing out issues. That you can also get from Major Geeks website.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

One or more computer sending email SPAM

1. One or more computer sending email SPAM - Similar Threads - more computer sending

2. emails, spam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    emails, spam: getting scam emails everyday. Who can I forward then to for them to stop. Email does not have a place to say unsubscribe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-spam/a04ff310-e05e-4e38-a997-9a4533dfeda3
  3. emails, spam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    emails, spam: getting scam emails everyday. Who can I forward then to for them to stop. Email does not have a place to say unsubscribe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-spam/a04ff310-e05e-4e38-a997-9a4533dfeda3
  4. Is this a spam email?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this a spam email?: Order request verificationDear customer,This email confirms your purchase of the following subscription: Order ID5478VP24021N8954Name of Application:Win VPN Adv ProSubscription Period2 YrsRenewal Price259.99Payment MethodAuto Debit from CC/DC/CAThe subscription period will...
  5. Windows Mail sending sent emails to spam

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail sending sent emails to spam: Everytime I send a email gmail through the windows mail app, it stores the sent mail into the spam folder! Then, I cannot see it in the reply threads in the inbox. Help!...
  6. Can't send email says I'm spam

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't send email says I'm spam: I can't send email it is saying that I am sending spam and is no longer allowed to send email, It says to contact your email admin. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-send-email-says-im-spam/4ffdf1a3-6099-457b-968a-6538c984a018
  7. spam emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    spam emails: my account seems to have been hacked and im recieving thousands of spam emails, how can i get this to stop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spam-emails/b7540717-f311-420a-a42f-f3068e180734"
  8. spam emails

spam emails: I am new to Windows 10 and although it seems great and all, I have noticed that I have a ridiculous amount of spam in my emails albit mostly in my junk folder. I can't seem to find a way to report the spam that I'm getting. Is this a common problem? Any suggestions?...
  9. email spam

email spam: I am receiving about 40 emails a day from a company that seems to be a marketing agent for many other companies , over the weekend I received 69 ------the emails are advertisements for many well know companies such as terminix , adt ,quicken , etc------------------I never...
  10. Where do I send spam to for suspicious emails

Where do I send spam to for suspicious emails: I just received an email stating that my email account has been changed. It won't let me copy and paste the senders address, but it looks pretty nasty....