Windows 10: One or more internet protocol is missing

Discus and support One or more internet protocol is missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Help me fix"one or more internet protocol is missing" pls what i have tried:reinstall wireless adapter some cmd commands. 35262 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mpham258, Dec 26, 2015.

1. mpham258 Win User

One or more internet protocol is missing

Help me fix"one or more internet protocol is missing" pls
    what i have tried:reinstall wireless adapter
    some cmd commands.

:)

mpham258, Dec 26, 2015
  2. vishnu.sm Win User

One or more internet protocol missing

The issue has not been fixed. Method 1 only fixed it temporarily.

I. Moving on, in the Install From Disk window, type C:\Windows\inf for
    Copy manufacturer’s files from section. Click OK.

when I try this step it says: The folder you specified doesn't contain driver software for your device.

What should I do?

I have not recently made any changes to my laptop.

vishnu.sm, Dec 26, 2015
  3. One or more internet protocol missing

Hi Vishnu,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are receiving the error about one or more internet protocols missing and I will be happy to answer your query. I appreciate the effort made towards trying to fix the issue. Let me ask you;

• Do you remember making any specific change in the computer prior to the issue?
    • Which security software is installed in the computer?
    The issue can be caused due to several reasons including incorrect protocol settings, internet security software, powerline connected to router interfering with the cable connection etc. Let's try the following methods and check.

Method 1: Uninstall and then re-install Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I/O Driver and
    Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder protocols check if it works .

To open this follow the steps below.

1. Right click on the Start Menu, select Control Panel.

2. In the search bar located on the right top corner of the screen type
    Adapter.

3. Under Network and Sharing Center click on View Connections.

4. Right click on the Ethernet/wireless connection that you are currently connected to.

5. Click on Properties locate Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I/O Driver
    and Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder.

6. Select each of the protocols individually and click on uninstall. Once uninstalled click on Install, select Protocol from the list, and click on the Add button.

7. Now click on Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I/O Driver and
    Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder respectively and click on
    OK.

8. Reboot the system and check.

Method 2: Disable antivirus software (and any other security software) and firewall on the computer as a test and check if that fixes the issue.

Important: Antivirus software helps protecting your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install other software and\or
    troubleshoot any pertinent issue, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you are connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to malware attacks.

Method 3: A reset of the powerline can also fix the issue if there is any interference in the connection.

Method 4: Delete Winsock Registry And Reinstall TCP/IP

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps
    carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in
    the Microsoft Knowledge Base: How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

a. Press
    One or more internet protocol is missing [​IMG]
    + R
    and put regedit in
    Run dialog box to open Registry Editor

b. In the left pane of Registry Editor, navigate to following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinSock2

c. At this registry location, right click WinSock2 key and select
    Export. Save the backup of the registry entry to a suitable location. Then again do a right click on same registry key, and select
    Delete. d. Perform step 3 with WinSock (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock) registry key as well. Close
    Registry Editor.

e. Open Control Panel and navigate to Network and Internet >
    Network Connections. Here, do a right click on your Local Area Connection or
    Ethernet connection and select Properties.

f. In the Local Area Connection or Ethernet connection property sheet, click
    Install.

g. Next, select Protocol under Select Network Feature Type and click
    Add.

h. Then click Have Disk in Select Network Protocol window.

I. Moving on, in the Install From Disk window, type C:\Windows\inf for
    Copy manufacturer’s files from section. Click OK.

*Substitute C: with your system root drive.

j. Finally, in the Select Network Protocol window which populates list of
    Internet Protocols, select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) – Tunnels. Click
    OK. Close Network and Sharing Center, restart your machine.

In this way, the registry configuration is re-created after reboot, which ultimately should solve the problem.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Dec 26, 2015
  4. dalchina New Member

Hello, there is quite a number of threads on this topic, and some suggested approaches. The problem appears to arise with build 10586 (the 'November upgrade').

It could also help if you complete your system specs (esp what type of wifi card you have e.g.).
    (If unsure how to do that there is a Tutorial - see link above)
    Do you also have this problem with an ethernet connection?

This refers to the build change and suggests a somewhat radical command:
    Networking not working after Windows 10 Update (version 1511, build 10586.3) VirtualRick

A quick scan of these threads suggests:
    Wifi+ win10= death of me - Page 4 - Windows 10 Forums
    (please read the whole thread)

Note this one referring to a Windows Update:
    Possible Solution to Win 10 WiFi Connection Problems - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

This one suggests registry patches:
    Network Protocols Missing - Windows 10 Forums

You may wish to try using the search box above 'one or more internet protocols is missing' for more discussion.

dalchina, Dec 26, 2015
  5. mpham258 Win User
    thanks for replying.but unfortunely none of these helped me.

mpham258, Dec 26, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    You do have the option of reverting to the previous build, meanwhile you'll need to search for a solution that fits your problem, I'm afraid. Perhaps someone who has worked through this issue will be able to help- I've not had it fortunately.

dalchina, Dec 26, 2015
  7. mpham258 Win User
    What if the internet protocol is actually missing. How do i check ?

mpham258, Dec 26, 2015
  8. dalchina New Member

The problem is error messages don't always signify precisely what they say- about all I've picked up on this one, as I'm sure you've seem is that unfortunately for some people MS has messed up their WiFi somehow with that major build upgrade. Atheros 9000 series cards, for example, are reported not to work after the upgrade.

Exactly how... is another question. Which is why people are struggling.. Not a happy situation.

Are you up to date with Windows updates? (One of those posts suggested an update had fixed their problem- I'd guess that might be optimistic for most).

You can try
    http://www.thewindowsclub.com/reset-...ernet-protocol
    SG :: How to repair TCP/IP and Winsock
    (older but should be ok)

There's an interesting repair tool which is very cautious and comprehensive here:
    Download Tweaking.com - Windows Repair - MajorGeeks
    - do observe the initial and very cautious stages, back up beforehand, and only select relevant repairs.

dalchina, Dec 26, 2015
  9. mpham258 Win User
    Didnt work ... Another sad day *Sad

mpham258, Dec 27, 2015
  10. Bstack Win User
    Hey guys I just had to put my computer back to default mode due to other problems that were nearly impossible to fix without sending it back to Dell. Anyways, I have a separate problem. My laptop has decided that it will Google things fine, but when I click on websites it will choose to tell me one or more Internet protocols are missing. I'm so lost. This thing just got 100% recovered and is acting up. I reinstalled the drivers and everything and used driver booster to update them. Funny thing is, is it randomly just did this. I was downloading things and out of no where it started doing this. Hope we can fix this! *Sad

Bstack, Dec 27, 2015
  11. Bstack Win User
    Correction! Only some websites it allows me to go to, others won't load. This is with an ethernet cord connection. Connection says it's working!

Bstack, Dec 27, 2015
  12. dalchina New Member
    Can you confirm wifi ever worked with Win 10? What happened before it stopped working?
    Please complete your System Specs. What is your Wifi card?

If you can't find anything more specific, suggest you go down the SFC /Scannow & DISM route...
    Method 1:Run system file checker (SFC) and see if it helps. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + X keys and click command prompt (admin).

b. Type the following command in an elevated (admin) command prompt and press Enter.

sfc /scannow

System file checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

If it does not help, use method 2.

Method 2:
    Run DISM tool and check the issue. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + X keys and click command prompt (admin).

b. Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth.
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth.

If that doesn't help, try an in place upgrade repair install which needs Win 10 installation media.
    (See Tutorials for instructions).

However, noting a number of people have Wifi problems with the 10586 build, there's no guarantee.

dalchina, Dec 27, 2015
  13. mpham258 Win User

wifi did work with window 10 for the first 2 days.so this is what happened.if u go into device manager-network adapter-and double click on dell wireless(which is the one im using) and then go to "power management "tab.u can see that theres an option to turn"automatically turn off this device to save power".on the first few days after upgrading to window 10,my wifi was automatically turning off and all i had to do was to uncheck the box that says"automatically turn off this device to save power,but i didnt know so i messed up some of the settings *Sad.i think i tried out some cmd commands such as:ipconfig /flushdns,netsh int ip reset and netsh winsock reset.i also tried to reinstall my drivers, changing my ip address( now they are "automatically obtained".

mpham258, Dec 27, 2015
  14. Bstack Win User
    I have fixed the windows 10 virus! Just letting you guys know how I did it so maybe it will work for you *Smile. After doing YET ANOTHER factory reset (3rd time) before I installed anything I went straight to the windows update and updated it to the most recent update of windows 10. Now mind you, my computer came with windows 8.1 but my factory reset sends me back to windows 10 no matter what. Anywho, I installed those suckers, restarted my computer twice, then wa-la it was fixed. Hope this helps anyone who is having trouble *Smile. Back up everything before on a hard drive or something! Do NOT install anything (especially Antivirus) before updating. The Antivirus blocks updates that are crucial to the update to work. If you installed an update with the Antivirus on, you cannot just simply Uninstall them. The damage is already done and you need to go back before your update downloaded. Sorry for those who this didn't help. *Sad FOR THE FUTURE : EITHER UNINSTALL OR COMPLETELY TURN OFF YOUR ANTIVIRUS FOR WINDOWS 10 UPDATES.
    I'm posting this to a few forums to hopefully help people *Smile.

Bstack, Dec 30, 2015
  15. smith Win User
    Try these cmd commands for resetting tcp:
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

smith, Jan 2, 2016
Thema:

1. One or more internet protocol is missing - Similar Threads - more internet protocol

2. One or more Network Protocols are missing on this computer

in Windows 10 News
    One or more Network Protocols are missing on this computer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Network Protocols are a set of rules or standards used by Windows to communicate over the internet. They make sure the data is sent correctly across between computers, but if any of the Network Protocol is missing in Windows 10, things [...] This post One or...
  3. One or more network protocols are missing on this computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One or more network protocols are missing on this computer: One or more network protocols are missing on this computer. Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing. [img] Site I'm trying to access: http://www.accaglobal.com/ What I have tried: Windows 10 troubleshooting fix with...
  4. One or more network protocols missing?

One or more network protocols missing?: So I've had this issue for about three days now. I am able to connect to my home router, but I am unable to connect to the Internet. Troubleshooter said "One or more network protocols are missing". Not sure what happened, never touched networking except for connecting to my...
  5. One Or More Network Protocols Are Missing

One Or More Network Protocols Are Missing: So I let Windows fix it for me, and I usually need to toggle my WiFi connection off and back on again. But then I have the same connection problem again. I read there was some recent update from Microsoft causing this problem. Does anyone know who to get rid of it...
  6. "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer"

"One or more network protocols are missing on this computer": I am constantly having connectivity problems on a wired connection in Windows 10, and when I run "Troubleshoot problems" on the network connection, I sporadically get the prompt "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer" and yet even after "fixing" this...
  7. "one or more network protocols are missing on this computer"

"one or more network protocols are missing on this computer": This happened after the latest major update. I've tried the following steps with no success 1) sfc /scannow. This showed no errors 2) netsh advfirewall reset netsh int ip reset*** netsh int ipv6 reset netsh int ipv4 reset netsh winsock reset *** This command did not...
  8. One or more internet protocols is missing

One or more internet protocols is missing: I have the ongoing problem as above. Never had this when using windows 7 home premium - but on 2 X windows 10 machines (One 32 bit + One 64 bit) this seems to arise very frequently. The 'repair as administrator' does the trick, however the 'cure is short lived! I think I...
  9. One or more network protocols are missing, solution

One or more network protocols are missing, solution: Hello, I just had this very annoying issue for a while, and scouring the internet proved to no avail. However, I stumbled upon the solution by myself. Simply go into an elevated command prompt and enter netsh int ipv4 install and restart your computer. This is what solved...
  10. "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer"

in Windows 10 Support
    "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer": I have a brand new HP 14-ac101ng with Windows 10 64 bit installed on it that refuses to connect to the internet with recourse to old school LAN cable; I do not have WIFI and I urgently need to get online as several deadlines are approaching. The error message I get is as...