Windows 10: One or more internet protocols is missing

Discus and support One or more internet protocols is missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have the ongoing problem as above. Never had this when using windows 7 home premium - but on 2 X windows 10 machines (One 32 bit + One 64 bit) this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Skofab, May 10, 2016.

1. Skofab Win User

One or more internet protocols is missing

I have the ongoing problem as above. Never had this when using windows 7 home premium - but on 2 X windows 10 machines (One 32 bit + One 64 bit) this seems to arise very frequently. The 'repair as administrator' does the trick, however the 'cure is short lived!

I think I have tried every known tweak, but without success. I use google chrome as my browser. Your help would be appreciated.
    Cheers

:)

Skofab, May 10, 2016
  2. CASUSSEX Win User

!!!"One or more Internet protocols missing" Windows 10

Thanks again for responding to this.

Your questions, with answers:

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue? - No

• What is the complete error message? Do you receive any error code along with the error message? Troubleshooter Message reads: "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer". No error code.

• Is it a wired or wireless connection? I use both, and problem is with both connections. Usually wifi though, at the moment.

• What is the make and model of the computer? Acer Aspire V15, V3-572G-7105.

• When do you get this error? It's been happening quite a lot - all after Windows 10 'upgrade'.
    Method 1, Step 1: just ran the Internet Connection troubleshooter, took a screen shot (same problem as described above), but the screenshot upload failed.

Method 1. Step 2: Network Adapter troubleshooter - "Wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration". This is me in desperation, having tried to reset manually. I'll put it back to Auto when I figure out how!

I will complete Method 2 when I've done that.

Thanks again.

CASUSSEX, May 10, 2016
  3. CASUSSEX Win User
    !!!"One or more Internet protocols missing" Windows 10

Further update for you: my missing network protocols problem
    seems to be solved. I can now access the web fast, and use my OneDrive account again, thank goodness!! Speed test is good - no timing out..... Tracert and Ping now look normal, but I'm no techie.

Here's a link to the solution i found: THANK YOU BRO67!!!!

Problem with One or More Network Protocols Missing - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

I've never touched RegEdit before, but was running out of alternatives. I followed this process:

I had reset 'int ip' in previous troubleshooting, but had been denied access and I don't think it reset successfully. This post (from Bro67 on page 2) overcomes the permission problem.

Anyway, thank you for all your help. Maybe you could log this & pass it on to other sufferers - I nearly junked this laptop and bought a MAC.....

CASUSSEX, May 10, 2016
  4. sml156 Win User

Is your connection working even though you are getting that message

sml156, May 10, 2016
  5. Skofab Win User
    Yes - connection is working and continues uninterrupted. Thanks for your response and interest

Skofab, May 10, 2016
  6. sml156 Win User
    A lot of people have noticed that, I believe its a bug in the trouble-shooter and there is no point trying to fix it, Most people will get the same error message.

But if you want a few commands that people think fixes this problem you can try these. Note: They don't work for this particular problem.

• 1.Open the cmd as administrator(search for CMD on and right click to open as
      administrator)
    • 2.Type the following commands in there:

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

Restart the computer. Restart, don't shut down.

• 1.Press Windows+R
    • 2.Type services.msc
    • 3.Search for a service called "Client DNS", then STOP and START it.

sml156, May 10, 2016
  7. Skofab Win User
    Many thanks for the suggestion. Did as required, and it worked. Five minutes later, once again the problem returned. On both occasions, this was visiting an online banking site.

Skofab, May 11, 2016
  8. sml156 Win User

I would just leave it alone if its not broken. As I said it's a bug that most people don't even know they have unless they use one of the Network troubleshooter's .

sml156, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. One or more internet protocols is missing - Similar Threads - more internet protocols

2. One or more Network Protocols are missing on this computer

in Windows 10 News
    One or more Network Protocols are missing on this computer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Network Protocols are a set of rules or standards used by Windows to communicate over the internet. They make sure the data is sent correctly across between computers, but if any of the Network Protocol is missing in Windows 10, things [...] This post One or...
  3. One or more network protocols are missing on this computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One or more network protocols are missing on this computer: One or more network protocols are missing on this computer. Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing. [img] Site I'm trying to access: http://www.accaglobal.com/ What I have tried: Windows 10 troubleshooting fix with...
  4. One or more network protocols missing?

One or more network protocols missing?: So I've had this issue for about three days now. I am able to connect to my home router, but I am unable to connect to the Internet. Troubleshooter said "One or more network protocols are missing". Not sure what happened, never touched networking except for connecting to my...
  5. One Or More Network Protocols Are Missing

One Or More Network Protocols Are Missing: So I let Windows fix it for me, and I usually need to toggle my WiFi connection off and back on again. But then I have the same connection problem again. I read there was some recent update from Microsoft causing this problem. Does anyone know who to get rid of it...
  6. "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer"

"One or more network protocols are missing on this computer": I am constantly having connectivity problems on a wired connection in Windows 10, and when I run "Troubleshoot problems" on the network connection, I sporadically get the prompt "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer" and yet even after "fixing" this...
  7. One or more internet protocol is missing

One or more internet protocol is missing: Help me fix"one or more internet protocol is missing" pls what i have tried:reinstall wireless adapter some cmd commands. 35262
  8. "one or more network protocols are missing on this computer"

"one or more network protocols are missing on this computer": This happened after the latest major update. I've tried the following steps with no success 1) sfc /scannow. This showed no errors 2) netsh advfirewall reset netsh int ip reset*** netsh int ipv6 reset netsh int ipv4 reset netsh winsock reset *** This command did not...
  9. One or more network protocols are missing, solution

One or more network protocols are missing, solution: Hello, I just had this very annoying issue for a while, and scouring the internet proved to no avail. However, I stumbled upon the solution by myself. Simply go into an elevated command prompt and enter netsh int ipv4 install and restart your computer. This is what solved...
  10. "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer"

in Windows 10 Support
    "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer": I have a brand new HP 14-ac101ng with Windows 10 64 bit installed on it that refuses to connect to the internet with recourse to old school LAN cable; I do not have WIFI and I urgently need to get online as several deadlines are approaching. The error message I get is as...