Windows 10: One or more network protocols are missing on this computer

Discus and support One or more network protocols are missing on this computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; this issue has plagued me forever since windows 10, and even slightly in windows 8.1. this issue would come randomly and i cant connect to internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xdarkmario, Feb 19, 2016.

1. One or more network protocols are missing on this computer

this issue has plagued me forever since windows 10, and even slightly in windows 8.1. this issue would come randomly and i cant connect to internet even if i were a point blank in front of the router. its extremely annoying and in windows 10 its way more frequent. running the troubleshooting does not fix it. the only way to fix it most of the time is to disable the wifi adapter for about 2 minutes and re enable it again. in some cases only a reboot can fix it and in rare cases it can only be fixed by uninstalling the wifi drivers and starting over.
    i have tried with 3 different wifi adapters, 2 computers and 2 routers.

it seems to struggle the most with connecting to optimum wifi/Xfinity wifi (which my laptop is added to my account) its mainly this optimum wifi here causing issues making router itself a issue but still. the other router is my 4g sprint hotspot, sometimes on rare occasion the same thing happens.

:)

xdarkmario, Feb 19, 2016

2. One or more network protocols are missing on this computer...help!!

I have w10 and it connects fine to the internet on wifi or ethernet at my house. About 2 weeks ago every time it went to sleep when it came back on it said something about cant find network devices and my wifi woild be exed out. I would then turn my wifi switch
    off and then back on and id be good to go. It still works but i just thought i would include this in case its part of the problem. So last week i came to my gorlfriends house and i cant connect from wifi or wired. She has dsl i have cable. I went home and
    it works fine. I came back to her placebl today and i cant connect. I ran troubleshooter and it says my computer is missing network protocols. I tried everything on this site- Fix: One or More Network Protocols Are Missing - Appuals.com and nothing
    worked. I also disconnected antivirus checked router firewall setting, switched to different bg,g,n modes. Disconected drivers, did a systwm restore. Also besiides the netsh winsock reset i did it with a netsh reset catalog and a netsh int ipv6 reset.log reset
    int. I cant figure this out for the life of me please help

Joseph7654, Feb 19, 2016
  3. DomAl10 Win User
    "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer"

Greetings,

All of this has already been implemented - no success.

Having tried to make this work for two months, I am quite frankly fed up with Windows 10. This will be the third computer with Windows 10 installed that goes back to amazon.

DomAl10, Feb 19, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

One or more network protocols are missing on this computer

You do realize that this is something that has been overly discussed on here and is because Microsoft in their infinite wisdom, decided that they needed to cripple Network by making changes to SMB. Disabling SMB 2 & 3 sometimes works. Brink has a tutorial on this.

This error only appeared on the rollout from January. It was not an issue until the last update. It has nothing to do with your provider or the Gateway you are using.

bro67, Feb 19, 2016
  5. xdarkmario, Feb 19, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Why would it. All that you are doing is fixing their mistake. They tightened their version of Samba, because some idiot in sales thought that there was a security risk with it.

It was not until 10546 rolled out, that they broke their own OS.

As long as you do not completely disable SMB/CFS. Just disabling SMB 2 & 3 seems to work. Also if you upgraded with a pre-existing Security suite, that has also been a headache for a lot of users.

bro67, Feb 19, 2016
  7. OK thanks, I'll give it a try and monitor it for a while.

xdarkmario, Feb 19, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

Something else is the problem. Just running Windows Defender, turn off Windows Firewall, disabling SMB 1 & 2 worked for me on the desktop I use for software testing when I ran 10 on it.

It saw all Linux machines and my NAS after that and the Linux Machines saw it.

I do not run any kind of firewall on any machines on my network. I have a good hardware firewall built into the Cisco RV-320 thatI use, along with the U-Verse Gateway that uses IPTables.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. One or more network protocols are missing on this computer - Similar Threads - more network protocols

2. One or more Network Protocols are missing on this computer

in Windows 10 News
    One or more Network Protocols are missing on this computer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Network Protocols are a set of rules or standards used by Windows to communicate over the internet. They make sure the data is sent correctly across between computers, but if any of the Network Protocol is missing in Windows 10, things [...] This post One or...
  3. One or more network protocols are missing on this computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One or more network protocols are missing on this computer: One or more network protocols are missing on this computer. Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing. [img] Site I'm trying to access: http://www.accaglobal.com/ What I have tried: Windows 10 troubleshooting fix with...
  4. One or more network protocols missing?

One or more network protocols missing?: So I've had this issue for about three days now. I am able to connect to my home router, but I am unable to connect to the Internet. Troubleshooter said "One or more network protocols are missing". Not sure what happened, never touched networking except for connecting to my...
  5. One Or More Network Protocols Are Missing

One Or More Network Protocols Are Missing: So I let Windows fix it for me, and I usually need to toggle my WiFi connection off and back on again. But then I have the same connection problem again. I read there was some recent update from Microsoft causing this problem. Does anyone know who to get rid of it...
  6. "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer"

"One or more network protocols are missing on this computer": I am constantly having connectivity problems on a wired connection in Windows 10, and when I run "Troubleshoot problems" on the network connection, I sporadically get the prompt "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer" and yet even after "fixing" this...
  7. "one or more network protocols are missing on this computer"

"one or more network protocols are missing on this computer": This happened after the latest major update. I've tried the following steps with no success 1) sfc /scannow. This showed no errors 2) netsh advfirewall reset netsh int ip reset*** netsh int ipv6 reset netsh int ipv4 reset netsh winsock reset *** This command did not...
  8. One or more network protocols are missing on this computer...help!!!

One or more network protocols are missing on this computer...help!!!: I have w10 and it connects fine to the internet on wifi or ethernet at my house. About 2 weeks ago every time it went to sleep when it came back on it said something about cant find network devices and my wifi woild be exed out. I would then turn my wifi switch off and then...
  9. Oh no "One or more network protocols is missing on this computer"

Oh no "One or more network protocols is missing on this computer": I've heard about this a lot and have never seen a solid solution, it's happening off and on for me now on my desktop and I'd like to get it fixed before it becomes a problem. It started lessish than a week ago I think? I was able to hit troubleshoot problems on the network...
  10. "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer"

in Windows 10 Support
    "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer": I have a brand new HP 14-ac101ng with Windows 10 64 bit installed on it that refuses to connect to the internet with recourse to old school LAN cable; I do not have WIFI and I urgently need to get online as several deadlines are approaching. The error message I get is as...