Windows 10: "one or more network protocols are missing on this computer"

Discus and support "one or more network protocols are missing on this computer" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This happened after the latest major update. I've tried the following steps with no success 1) sfc /scannow. This showed no errors 2) netsh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tampy, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Tampy Win User

"one or more network protocols are missing on this computer"

This happened after the latest major update.

I've tried the following steps with no success 1) sfc /scannow. This showed no errors

2) netsh advfirewall reset netsh int ip reset*** netsh int ipv6 reset netsh int ipv4 reset netsh winsock reset *** This command did not work originally until I went to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControl and changed Control/NSI folder 26 permission to everyone (This box was unchecked again after reboot

3) ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /registerdns ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew

4) Disabling and Renabling the Network Adapter within device manager.

5) Uninstalling the driver

6) Installing the latest drivers both from the Asrock/intel website and googling my network adapter.

7) I saw the fix where someone deletes the Windows 10 WIN and WIN2, and replaces with a clean Windows 7/8 version in this registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Winsock2

- Did not work also, it gave me a new problem no ethernet something which troubleshoot can't also fix.

8) Finally Reset W10. Still get the same error
    Been almost two weeks now I don't have internet.

This is so disappointing.. I read so many topics regarding this and not even a sure fix. Hope someone can help.. It's been weeks now. I'm so close pirating to W7 just to make everything work again..

:)

Tampy, Jan 1, 2016

2. One or more network protocols are missing on this computer...help!!

I have w10 and it connects fine to the internet on wifi or ethernet at my house. About 2 weeks ago every time it went to sleep when it came back on it said something about cant find network devices and my wifi woild be exed out. I would then turn my wifi switch
    off and then back on and id be good to go. It still works but i just thought i would include this in case its part of the problem. So last week i came to my gorlfriends house and i cant connect from wifi or wired. She has dsl i have cable. I went home and
    it works fine. I came back to her placebl today and i cant connect. I ran troubleshooter and it says my computer is missing network protocols. I tried everything on this site- Fix: One or More Network Protocols Are Missing - Appuals.com and nothing
    worked. I also disconnected antivirus checked router firewall setting, switched to different bg,g,n modes. Disconected drivers, did a systwm restore. Also besiides the netsh winsock reset i did it with a netsh reset catalog and a netsh int ipv6 reset.log reset
    int. I cant figure this out for the life of me please help

Joseph7654, Jan 1, 2016
  3. DomAl10 Win User
    "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer"

Greetings,

All of this has already been implemented - no success.

Having tried to make this work for two months, I am quite frankly fed up with Windows 10. This will be the third computer with Windows 10 installed that goes back to amazon.

DomAl10, Jan 1, 2016
  4. lx07 Win User

I had this today and coincidentally did all of your items 1 - 6 with no luck (I guess we looked at the same sites for recommendations). It just degenerated from "One or more protocols missing" to saying it was connected to "unknown network" with no internet access and I couldn't ping my router (despite having an IP address assigned). Then ping stopped working completely with "general failure".

I've just completed a repair install and it has fixed it (which was quite a surprise actually, I didn't think it would).

You could give it a try if you can download a Windows 10 ISO somehow Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

lx07, Jan 1, 2016
  5. Tampy Win User
    I actually managed to download an Iso with the media creation tool. Will that work?

Tampy, Jan 2, 2016
  6. lx07 Win User
    That will be fine. Hope it works for you too...

lx07, Jan 2, 2016
  7. UKMedia Win User
    Hi

Have you tried right clicking on your network icon in the notification area and selecting Troubleshoot problems. I had the same issue and this fixed it for me.

Regards

UKMedia, Jan 2, 2016
  8. "one or more network protocols are missing on this computer"

We have 2 desktops, 2 convertibles and an hp tablet. We started with total mess network wise - tried most of the fixes and none really helped. I removed homegroup and started over making sure ALL units were in homegroup and still had problems. After many tries of fixes etc. I discovered two of the units were in different workgroups???? on how that happened.

We are finally able to see all computers on all the computers but are left with two network drives which show up as media units but never show up and available in the computer area on all computers. Both show up fine on my desktop but never on any of the other units.

Have rebooted, checked settings and have no idea what to check now.

We have used networking of some sort for years and depend on it - have been without it now for way too long.

exscentric, Jan 2, 2016
  9. lx07 Win User
    You might have more luck if you open another thread for this problem with a title like "Can't access network drives".

This thread "One or more protocols missing" is a rather specific problem reported by the troubleshooter after upgrading to 1511 and not the same as your issue in that it blocks all internet and network access.

Your question might get lost if you just leave it as a comment here (and sorry, I don't know any answer).

lx07, Jan 2, 2016
  10. Berton Win User
    exscentric, if you'll start a new thread as suggested, I could respond with what worked for me and my 2 NAS drives.

Berton, Jan 2, 2016
  11. lx07 Win User
    Changing authority on the nsi 26 key was one of the things I tried with no luck (and so did the OP if you see their second attempt in the original post).

Repair install did fix it for me but that is obviously not really finding the cause...

12. I posted here due to the protocol problem which I get when doing some of the troubleshooting MS has provided. I'm following other threads here as well waiting for a fix that might fix our problems.

My concern is when MS, if they do, provides a fix that works what is going to happen with all the "fixes" already attempted "one or more network protocols are missing on this computer" :)

exscentric, Jan 3, 2016
  13. Tampy Win User

I have also tried that fix but it didn't work.

Tampy, Jan 3, 2016
  14. efta Win User
  15. PatWest Win User
    I have done all of the above, as well, and FINALLY found a fix for this very frustrating (and time consuming problem)...

• Open Network and Sharing Center
    • In the left panel select "Change Adapter"
    • Right click on your network and choose "Properties"
    • Select "Internet Version Protocol 4 (TCP/IPv4)", and then click on "Properties"
    • Select "Use the following IP address" and enter your local IP (eg. 192.168.0.100 - anything will do as it gets changed back anyway)
    • Repeat above steps, and change it back to "Obtain IP address automatically" then select "Advanced"
    • It would not hurt to uncheck "Enable LMHOSTS lookup" while here (re-enable later if needed)
    • Select the "WINS" tab and the choose "Disable NetBIOS over TCP/IP" which will (hopefully) keep it from happening again *Smile
    • Finish on "OK" and notice that you should have an internet connection again!

PatWest, Jan 3, 2016
Thema:

1. "one or more network protocols are missing on this computer" - Similar Threads - more network protocols

2. One or more Network Protocols are missing on this computer

in Windows 10 News
    One or more Network Protocols are missing on this computer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Network Protocols are a set of rules or standards used by Windows to communicate over the internet. They make sure the data is sent correctly across between computers, but if any of the Network Protocol is missing in Windows 10, things [...] This post One or...
  3. One or more network protocols are missing on this computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One or more network protocols are missing on this computer: One or more network protocols are missing on this computer. Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing. [img] Site I'm trying to access: http://www.accaglobal.com/ What I have tried: Windows 10 troubleshooting fix with...
  4. One or more network protocols missing?

One or more network protocols missing?: So I've had this issue for about three days now. I am able to connect to my home router, but I am unable to connect to the Internet. Troubleshooter said "One or more network protocols are missing". Not sure what happened, never touched networking except for connecting to my...
  5. One Or More Network Protocols Are Missing

One Or More Network Protocols Are Missing: So I let Windows fix it for me, and I usually need to toggle my WiFi connection off and back on again. But then I have the same connection problem again. I read there was some recent update from Microsoft causing this problem. Does anyone know who to get rid of it...
  6. "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer"

"One or more network protocols are missing on this computer": I am constantly having connectivity problems on a wired connection in Windows 10, and when I run "Troubleshoot problems" on the network connection, I sporadically get the prompt "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer" and yet even after "fixing" this...
  7. One or more network protocols are missing on this computer...help!!!

One or more network protocols are missing on this computer...help!!!: I have w10 and it connects fine to the internet on wifi or ethernet at my house. About 2 weeks ago every time it went to sleep when it came back on it said something about cant find network devices and my wifi woild be exed out. I would then turn my wifi switch off and then...
  8. One or more network protocols are missing on this computer

One or more network protocols are missing on this computer: this issue has plagued me forever since windows 10, and even slightly in windows 8.1. this issue would come randomly and i cant connect to internet even if i were a point blank in front of the router. its extremely annoying and in windows 10 its way more frequent. running the...
  9. Oh no "One or more network protocols is missing on this computer"

Oh no "One or more network protocols is missing on this computer": I've heard about this a lot and have never seen a solid solution, it's happening off and on for me now on my desktop and I'd like to get it fixed before it becomes a problem. It started lessish than a week ago I think? I was able to hit troubleshoot problems on the network...
  10. "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer"

in Windows 10 Support
    "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer": I have a brand new HP 14-ac101ng with Windows 10 64 bit installed on it that refuses to connect to the internet with recourse to old school LAN cable; I do not have WIFI and I urgently need to get online as several deadlines are approaching. The error message I get is as...