Windows 10: One or more network protocols are missing on this computer

Discus and support One or more network protocols are missing on this computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; One or more network protocols are missing on this computer. Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing. [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Skyferia, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Skyferia Win User

One or more network protocols are missing on this computer

One or more network protocols are missing on this computer.
    Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing.

One or more network protocols are missing on this computer [​IMG]

Site I'm trying to access: http://www.accaglobal.com/

What I have tried:
    • Windows 10 troubleshooting fix with administrator privilege
    • Disabled, then enabled network adapter
    • Uninstall BitDefender (did not have BitDefender prior)
    • @ elevated command prompt
      • netsh winsockreset
      • netsh int ipv4 install
      • netsh winsock reset catalog
      • netsh int ip reset reset.log
      • Code: ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /registerdns ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew netsh winsock reset catalog netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log pause shutdown /r[/quote]
    • Disabled NetBIOS over TCP/IP

I think that should be all.

I can use the internet just fine, it's just that one site that I cannot access:

Thanks in advance!

:)

Skyferia, Apr 19, 2016

2. One or more network protocols are missing on this computer...help!!

I have w10 and it connects fine to the internet on wifi or ethernet at my house. About 2 weeks ago every time it went to sleep when it came back on it said something about cant find network devices and my wifi woild be exed out. I would then turn my wifi switch
    off and then back on and id be good to go. It still works but i just thought i would include this in case its part of the problem. So last week i came to my gorlfriends house and i cant connect from wifi or wired. She has dsl i have cable. I went home and
    it works fine. I came back to her placebl today and i cant connect. I ran troubleshooter and it says my computer is missing network protocols. I tried everything on this site- Fix: One or More Network Protocols Are Missing - Appuals.com and nothing
    worked. I also disconnected antivirus checked router firewall setting, switched to different bg,g,n modes. Disconected drivers, did a systwm restore. Also besiides the netsh winsock reset i did it with a netsh reset catalog and a netsh int ipv6 reset.log reset
    int. I cant figure this out for the life of me please help

Joseph7654, Apr 19, 2016
  3. DomAl10 Win User
    "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer"

Greetings,

All of this has already been implemented - no success.

Having tried to make this work for two months, I am quite frankly fed up with Windows 10. This will be the third computer with Windows 10 installed that goes back to amazon.

DomAl10, Apr 19, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

A 'so I don't have to think about it too much' approach is to use Tweaking.com's Repair tool (free).

This has a very cautious approach - unless you skip all the stages, which you can - then a set of repair options in which you tick what you want - in this case 'Network Repair'.
    Tweaking.com - Windows Repair Free/Pro

It's worth keeping to hand.

Fixed my protocol problem which occurred when my PC was supposedly doing nothing over lunch.

Otherwise you may have a System Restore point you can use. (System Restore is off by default in Win 10, different to previous editions).

Feel free to search the forum- many threads similar. 'missing protocol' =>

dalchina, Apr 19, 2016
  5. Skyferia Win User
    Thanks for that software, I never knew one such as that existed! It however did not fix the problem.

Perhaps I should be a bit more detailed with my issue to narrow down things a bit and update the first post to make it clearer:

It's only that one site. I can use the internet for any other sites just fine. I was wondering if it is ISP block. What is your opinion?

I should have added this earlier:

Good to hear it fixed your problem. As for System Restore, I have no restore point(s) as as you said it was disabled.

Also tried:
    • netsh winsock reset catalog (resets winsock entries)
    • netsh int ip reset reset.log

Skyferia, Apr 20, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Ah, sorry.. just one site. Missed the important bit! Hmm. I've seen the report of protocols missing too often..

Unless it's possible somehow that that the site can only be accessed by ipv6 and ipv6 is broken compared to ipv4, and I have no idea if that would make any sense, why would Windows be giving such an error report? (Just thinking aloud...what could possibly explain the report).

If the ISP were blocking it I wouldn't expect that report from Windows. The site is accessible to me.

Have you tried both IE & Edge? (Doubt that will make any difference) Using another device?

Ok, ping mail.accaglobal.com => 213.39.107.151
    and
    ping accaglobal.com => 157.203.48.100

You can try that and see what you get- 100% data loss for me. (But same with tenforums, unexpectedly).

dalchina, Apr 20, 2016
  7. Wullail Win User
    the / at the end of the ping command might be what's causing you the issues with your test there...

doing ping accaglobal.com here shows it's IP address as 157.203.48.100 but it's unreachable when pinged.

Wullail, Apr 20, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Oops- trying to do it too quickly.

If you had it blocked in your hosts file you wouldn't get that report.

Idea: thinking a bit outside the box maybe- you could try accessing it using a free VPN.
    No guarantees!

dalchina, Apr 20, 2016
  9. lx07 Win User
    That isn't really unexpected though. Many websites firewall (most perhaps) will drop ping requests including this forum. I would drop ping requests also as it is pretty much good policy afaik.

Are you trying to access www.accaglobal.com or accaglobal.com as the former (with the www) seems to resolve to a geographical location based (perhaps) on where I am (western Europe)

Not sure if that is interesting but maybe...

Code: C:\WINDOWS\system32>ping www.accaglobal.com Pinging acca-prod-ElasticL-18WD6MAVY6INF-515346351.eu-west-1.elb.amazonaws.com [54.195.253.35] with 32 bytes of data: Request timed out. Request timed out. Request timed out. Request timed out. Ping statistics for 54.195.253.35: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss), C:\WINDOWS\system32>ping accaglobal.com Pinging accaglobal.com [157.203.48.100] with 32 bytes of data: Request timed out. Request timed out. Request timed out. Request timed out. Ping statistics for 157.203.48.100: Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss), C:\WINDOWS\system32>[/quote]

10. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 20, 2016
  11. What happens, when you copy/paste any of those into your browser?

If it is not blocked by HOSTS, firewall or AV, you might try changing DNS severs.

TairikuOkami, Apr 20, 2016
  12. Skyferia Win User
    I don't get it -- it works now. I did nothing (related) since my last post.
    See below (without and without proxy/vpn):

Any idea what happened beforehand? I'll mark as solved after.

Skyferia, Apr 20, 2016
  13. dalchina New Member

Great.. but my crystal ball's currently down for scheduled maintenance...*Smile

dalchina, Apr 20, 2016
  14. Skyferia Win User
    Try your magic 8-ball and construct sentences from it! *Wink

Skyferia, Apr 20, 2016
  15. Skyferia Win User
    Over a day and no response... I'll just mark this as solved. Thanks all for your help!

Skyferia, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. One or more network protocols are missing on this computer - Similar Threads - more network protocols

2. One or more Network Protocols are missing on this computer

in Windows 10 News
    One or more Network Protocols are missing on this computer: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Network Protocols are a set of rules or standards used by Windows to communicate over the internet. They make sure the data is sent correctly across between computers, but if any of the Network Protocol is missing in Windows 10, things [...] This post One or...
  3. One or more network protocols missing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One or more network protocols missing?: So I've had this issue for about three days now. I am able to connect to my home router, but I am unable to connect to the Internet. Troubleshooter said "One or more network protocols are missing". Not sure what happened, never touched networking except for connecting to my...
  4. One Or More Network Protocols Are Missing

One Or More Network Protocols Are Missing: So I let Windows fix it for me, and I usually need to toggle my WiFi connection off and back on again. But then I have the same connection problem again. I read there was some recent update from Microsoft causing this problem. Does anyone know who to get rid of it...
  5. "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer"

"One or more network protocols are missing on this computer": I am constantly having connectivity problems on a wired connection in Windows 10, and when I run "Troubleshoot problems" on the network connection, I sporadically get the prompt "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer" and yet even after "fixing" this...
  6. "one or more network protocols are missing on this computer"

"one or more network protocols are missing on this computer": This happened after the latest major update. I've tried the following steps with no success 1) sfc /scannow. This showed no errors 2) netsh advfirewall reset netsh int ip reset*** netsh int ipv6 reset netsh int ipv4 reset netsh winsock reset *** This command did not...
  7. One or more network protocols are missing on this computer...help!!!

One or more network protocols are missing on this computer...help!!!: I have w10 and it connects fine to the internet on wifi or ethernet at my house. About 2 weeks ago every time it went to sleep when it came back on it said something about cant find network devices and my wifi woild be exed out. I would then turn my wifi switch off and then...
  8. One or more network protocols are missing on this computer

One or more network protocols are missing on this computer: this issue has plagued me forever since windows 10, and even slightly in windows 8.1. this issue would come randomly and i cant connect to internet even if i were a point blank in front of the router. its extremely annoying and in windows 10 its way more frequent. running the...
  9. Oh no "One or more network protocols is missing on this computer"

Oh no "One or more network protocols is missing on this computer": I've heard about this a lot and have never seen a solid solution, it's happening off and on for me now on my desktop and I'd like to get it fixed before it becomes a problem. It started lessish than a week ago I think? I was able to hit troubleshoot problems on the network...
  10. "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer"

in Windows 10 Support
    "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer": I have a brand new HP 14-ac101ng with Windows 10 64 bit installed on it that refuses to connect to the internet with recourse to old school LAN cable; I do not have WIFI and I urgently need to get online as several deadlines are approaching. The error message I get is as...