Windows 10: One PC out of 3 Can't See Others on the Network

Discus and support One PC out of 3 Can't See Others on the Network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Running Win10 on 3 PCs - call them X, Y, and Z. Both X and Y are running Win10 1709. Z very recently updated to 1803 but the networking issues started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by larrymcg, May 23, 2018.

1. larrymcg Win User

One PC out of 3 Can't See Others on the Network

Running Win10 on 3 PCs - call them X, Y, and Z. Both X and Y are running Win10 1709. Z very recently updated to 1803 but the networking issues started well before that update. I was hoping that 1803 would fix the networking problems, but no progress was made.

Here's the networking issue: X, Y and Z used to see each other and share files just fine. Two or three months ago Z stopped being able to see X and Y. They do not show up in Z's network at all. But X and Y can see Z just fine and can read and write files on Z. X and Y can also see each other and share files. So Z is the only one that can't see any other PCs on the network.

There is a shared printer connected to X via USB. Z can print on that printer even though the host X seems invisible. Maybe printer sharing is a totally different mechanism.

I have tried many different file sharing options on Z with no success. I use X and Y's network sharing setups as models for Z. The network fixers don't fix anything.

SMB 1.0 Status: X and Y have SMB 1.0 fully enabled. The three items are Automatic Removal, Client, and Server. However, Z has only two of the three items enabled. Client is disabled. I tried enabling Client but it remained disabled after the required restart. I have read a lot about the evils of SMB 1.0 but removing it from PC X caused it to not see any PCs on the network (not even itself) so I enabled it again.

Kind of at a loss as to what to try next. The situation is not dire since X and Y can access Z just fine so I can get files where they need to be. But Z really should be able to see and access the other two PCs.

Suggestions? Yeah I know I didn't provide much to go on.

-- Larry

PS: A really long time ago all 3 PCs used Homegroup for sharing but that stopped working so long ago I can't remember when. So long ago I switched to the non-Homegroup sharing which worked fine until recently.

:)

larrymcg, May 23, 2018

2. Windows 10 PC can't see other PCs on network

Just a follow up on this,

In the office today on the domain, and I can confirm that this problem exists here too, - I can't see any other network PCS... so the homegroup/domain thing was a red herring...

I simply can't see other networked pcs..

Mr. Chumliwarner, May 29, 2018
  3. Windows 10: Can see current wireless network, not seeing others

My Windows 10 laptop is working fine. It is seeing 9 available networks. It is sitting right next to my Windows 10 desktop PC which is seeing 2 available networks: the one it's connected to and "xfinitywifi". (Comcast is my IP, so no surprise there.) I can't
    figure out why my desktop isn't seeing those other 7 networks. I know it did a while back but I can't say when it stopped seeing them.

I ran all the steps in this article without any luck: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Can you get my desktop to see all available networks again? Thanks in advance for your help!

AllGoodNamesAreTaken, May 29, 2018
Thema:

One PC out of 3 Can't See Others on the Network

1. One PC out of 3 Can't See Others on the Network - Similar Threads - Can't Others Network

2. one computer can't see other computer on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    one computer can't see other computer on network: I have 2 computers Computer A & Computer B on Windows 10 that used to see each other on their Networks. I updated some drivers and cleaned the registry using CCCleaner on Computer A and lost all connection between both computers. I have managed to get Computer B seeing itself...
  3. can't see other computer on network

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't see other computer on network: can't see other computer on network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-other-computer-on-network/fc92edc5-902e-4798-a93f-91bcb538d14f
  4. Can't See Other PC's On Home Network

Can't See Other PC's On Home Network: I need to connect two laptops on my home network via WiFi, one of which has a printer attached via USB that I need to share. I read this recent post from Yertiz on the same issue. I followed the tutorial here on this forum, and then the suggestions in Yertiz's post. I still...
  5. New - Can't See Other PC's On Home Network

New - Can't See Other PC's On Home Network: I need to connect two laptops on my home network via WiFi, one of which has a printer attached via USB that I need to share. I read this recent post from Yertiz on the same issue. I followed the tutorial here on this forum, and then the suggestions in Yertiz's post. I still...
  6. PC'S on a Home Network Can't see each other

PC'S on a Home Network Can't see each other: I have 2 machines, 1 Windoze 7 Pro 32bit and 1 Windoze 10 Home 64 bit both wire connected to the same router. No matter what I do, the machines can't see each other. That includes all the sharing options, advanced, etc. All Allows are checked and I have admin rights on both...
  7. One computer on my network can't see the other

One computer on my network can't see the other: Hi, I'd love some help please. I have two Windows 10 PCs on the same network. One is on Wifi and the other connects to the wireless router via a power link plug socket. Within the Netwok tab of Windows Explorer, the desktop PC can see the laptop and can open the shared...
  8. One computer can't see all the others on the network

One computer can't see all the others on the network: I have four computers on the same network. Three of them can see all the other computers, but one can not. It only sees one computer. I have tried a few things but can't get Computer A lets call it to see any more than one computer. Any help? 114581
  9. One PC Can't find others on the same network

One PC Can't find others on the same network: I have 3 PC's and a laptop on a homegroup/network All computers were able to see and access files and external hard drives - until a power failure. Now, one computer displays the other 3 computers / by name under "network" However, when I click on any of the icons...
  10. Laptop can't see others on network

Laptop can't see others on network: Have 2 laptops (Windows 10 Home) and a desktop (Windows 10 Pro), all on same network, same workgroup and all are joined to the same homegroup. All have up to date Windows 10 creators update. The problem is, Under network in file explorer, One laptop and the desktop can see...