Windows 10: One PC refused access to another on 3 PC network

Discus and support One PC refused access to another on 3 PC network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi We have a home network comprising three PCs, all of which should see, and be able to communicate with, the others on the network. Problem is that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TraceyW, Jul 29, 2018.

1. TraceyW Win User

One PC refused access to another on 3 PC network

Hi

We have a home network comprising three PCs, all of which should see, and be able to communicate with, the others on the network. Problem is that one PC can't see or communicate with one of the other two PCs. As far as I am aware all PCs are set up the same but for some reason this one PC is refused access to this one single PC and I just don't what to try next.

I've checked all permissions and indeed I've set up Everyone on each PC and given full permission on each PC. I've also checked the permissions via the Security tab of each shared disk/folder. Similarly, I've checked that the Advanced Sharing settings are all set the same. Nevertheless, this one PC is denied any access to the PC in question and I've hoping someone on this forum could advise me please as to what I do next. Any help would be most appreciated.

If any further info is required please get back to me and I'll try my best to provide whatever is required.

Thank you.
    Tracey

:)

TraceyW, Jul 29, 2018
  2. wortex Win User

My PC is not listed in Network

Hi Eagle51 & thanks for quick response

I am very grateful for your help

1 was not enabled. I enabled it and restarted the HT-PC, but now the HT-PC is not visible in Network list on any computer.

...then i run 2 and both was true.

Next step?

wortex, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Accessing PC's on my network of 3 PC's

I have 3 PCs running Widows 10 (not 8 not 7) lets call them

A (named CDA-2013)

B (named Portable-2010)

C (named Bill-HP2011)

I cannot set up a homegroup. but that is not this question.

I have set up sharing on all 3 PCs the same.

I can access A from B after entering As "network credentials"

I can access C from B after entering Cs "network credentials"

I can access C from A etc

I can access B from C etc

I CANNOT ACCESSS B from A - A asks for "network credentials" which means the login ID and password for B - I can ping B from A using B's name and i can ping from A using B's IP address. I have changed B's name and PW and even used a second user of B's ID
    and PW. I cannot connect to B from A using wire or wifi.

of course none of the trouble shooters can find a problem.

I have "Chatted" with MS 4 times to no avail. They did not even tell me what "network credentials" are.

Going on two weeks after the problem popped up after running for 6 months. and installing Office 365 and onedrive for business but i cannot say it happened after installing those.

Running Norton with backup and Norton help did not help.

Should i just pay MS $150 the help?

Frustrated

BillCummings, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Farzad_K Win User

PC Refuses to be seen on a network

Hi,

The problems with my Intel ComputeStick are back again and the PC is refusing to be seen on any of my WiFi networks. I have set everything up on it correctly in terms of being discoverable and have enabled all sharing and I have now even disabled the firewalls
    and it still is not showing up.

The OS on all my computers is Win10 Pro.

Can anyone think of a possible cause for this PC not showing up on the network that it used to show up on?

Thanks

Farzad_K, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

1. One PC refused access to another on 3 PC network - Similar Threads - refused access another

2. One of my hard drives is accessible from another PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    One of my hard drives is accessible from another PC: Hi guys, Basically one of my hard drives can be accessed by another PC on the network (I'm checking via RDP). I have no idea how or why, but I want it to stop lol. In CMD after typing net share there is not shared network drive, looking in fsmgmt.msc it is not shared....
  3. Can a malware "jump" in network from one PC to another?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can a malware "jump" in network from one PC to another?: I have one PC where I'm running some tests and probably is infected is sort of stuff (I install suspicious stuff there before using them on my main computers) But are malwares today sophisticated enough to "jump" through the network from the infected PC to other PCs on the...
  4. Access OneDrive from another pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access OneDrive from another pc: Hi, I had an old pc which was retiring, so I put my documents in the OneDrive. I booted my new pc and opened OneDrive, to discover the copied documents were not there... There were however some old documents from a few years back, strangely. Are there different...
  5. Network will not show one PC

Network will not show one PC: Network error Windows 10 Version 2004 One PC can not be seen on the network. Net View shows “The network location can not be reached.” SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support has been added to Windows 10 Anti-Virus program suspended to rule it out. Now Net View...
  6. Transferring one pc to another

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transferring one pc to another: Hello everyone. I recently bought a new laptop. I have an older laptop with many users in it like my son, wife, etc. Is there a way for me to transfer all the data from an old laptop to new one so that I can avoid the hassle of installing/setting up everything again. Thanks...
  7. Lost connection to network NAS's on one PC. Works fine on another

Lost connection to network NAS's on one PC. Works fine on another: Windows 10 ver 1909. I can see and connect to two different NAS devices on my network from a laptop, but cannot from PC now. I tried to insure Network settings (Sharing settings, SMB, IPv4 NetBios, etc) from laptop were the same on the PC, but nothing worked. Seem to have...
  8. PC not visible in home network 3 pc's

PC not visible in home network 3 pc's: Hi everybody, I have a problem in my home network, made of 3 pc . One of them sees the other 2 while it is not visible by the others. Here find a description of the network: Pc A: desktop win10 home - wired Pc B: desktop win10 pro - wired Pc C: laptop win10 pro...
  9. Accessing PC's on network

Accessing PC's on network: I have a wifi network and on it I have my big PC, printer, NAS and my notebook computer. When trying to access my PC from my notebook I am asked for the network credentials to connect to my PC. It puts in my username but will not accept any of the passwords I try. My...
  10. One PC out of 3 Can't See Others on the Network

One PC out of 3 Can't See Others on the Network: Running Win10 on 3 PCs - call them X, Y, and Z. Both X and Y are running Win10 1709. Z very recently updated to 1803 but the networking issues started well before that update. I was hoping that 1803 would fix the networking problems, but no progress was made. Here's the...