Windows 10: One reason why OneDrive gets a bad rap

Discus and support One reason why OneDrive gets a bad rap in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Having made some additions and deletions (less than 12 and small files) in OneDrive in Windows 16299.248, I switched to Windows 17604.1000. They both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tracit99, Feb 14, 2018.

1. tracit99 Win User

One reason why OneDrive gets a bad rap

Having made some additions and deletions (less than 12 and small files) in OneDrive in Windows 16299.248, I switched to Windows 17604.1000. They both use the same exact OneDrive folder and both were up to date prior to the changes I made. It has been about forty five minutes and OneDrive is slowing churning away (Processing changes) and so far it has created over 200 database files (.old and .oldgz) and it is not through yet.

I have been a fan of OneDrive for a long time, but this ridiculous. No wonder it gets a such a bad rap by many people.

One reason why OneDrive gets a bad rap [​IMG]

EDIT: I left my computer on over-night and this morning OneDrive was still Processing changes. It had created over 2500 database files and still could not figure it out. Enough of that craziness. I un-installed and re-installed OneDrive. Immediately after install OneDrive updated itself to a new version 18.025.0204.0003 (I had been using17.005.0107.0008). After the update and setup OneDrive "sped" through the Processing changes in just 15 minutes (fast based on my past OneDrive experiences) and created the "normal" (for my computer) 150 or so database files. It is up to date once again. Yea! Will it last?

:)

tracit99, Feb 14, 2018
  2. texascat2 Win User

WINDOWS 10,VERSION 1703 - Installation problem

This is totally ridiculous! Why on earth should the average PC owner have to be a dam programmer to fix Microsoft's update issues?

This is why PC's get a bad rap, if they can't update the software they developed, why even use Microsoft?

INSANE!!!!!!!

texascat2, Feb 14, 2018
  3. Memory card not reading on my windows 10 phone (lumia 650)

So it seems to me that the card has gone bad. I would get a new one.

I know you have pics and other important data on it but it is just another reason to always backup to OneDrive in my opinion.

There is no key for it so you will have to replace.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Feb 14, 2018
  4. Plankton Win User

Yeah....I'm not a big fan of onedrive either....where MS giveith storage space and then takeith away. That's what turn me off of onedrive. So I just disable onedrive all together. I use google drive where I have a special deal when I purchased my mobile phone. I received a free gift off 100 GB of storage space w/Google drive. Then I use the "backup and sync" software from google on my pc and set it up how I like. So all my saved data on my phone and PC all sync up together.

Plankton, Feb 14, 2018
  5. win10er Win User
    I hate onedrive and turned it off

win10er, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. One reason why OneDrive gets a bad rap - Similar Threads - reason why OneDrive

2. Onedrive Bad Image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Bad Image: I get this message whenever my computer turns on and it seems to stop me from opening Onedrive from the start menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-bad-image/f4534852-f5c9-4c49-99b8-e4d22a1d9409
  3. Onedrive Bad Image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive Bad Image: I get this message whenever my computer turns on and it seems to stop me from opening Onedrive from the start menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-bad-image/f4534852-f5c9-4c49-99b8-e4d22a1d9409
  4. explorer.exe hight RAP usage

explorer.exe hight RAP usage: hello, my explorer.exe uses an awful lot of CPU and mainly memory, I have tried many types on youtube for example...1 update to 21h1 build 19043.10552 sfc /scannow3 windows defender full scan 0 threats4 malwarebytes full scan 0 pups, 0 threats 5 restart task 6 end task,...
  5. explorer.exe hight RAP usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    explorer.exe hight RAP usage: hello, my explorer.exe uses an awful lot of CPU and mainly memory, I have tried many types on youtube for example...1 update to 21h1 build 19043.10552 sfc /scannow3 windows defender full scan 0 threats4 malwarebytes full scan 0 pups, 0 threats 5 restart task 6 end task,...
  6. explorer.exe hight RAP usage

7. Why does one drive suck so bad !

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does one drive suck so bad !: This might come off as a rant honestly.. But I'm really fed up with how little there is control over what I do with one drive.. And recently I've been having a ton of problems with this program. Just getting my files off desktop deleted, randomly syncing items I specifically...
  8. OneDrive uninstalled itself for no reason: how to get it back?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive uninstalled itself for no reason: how to get it back?: Hi, I just started my Notebook and found out, that OneDrive uninstalled itself for no reason. The problem is, that my files don't sync anymore in the "OneDrive" folder. How to get it back? (I tried installing the OneDrive app from the Microsoft Store but it seems to be a...
  9. OneDrive Bad Image

OneDrive Bad Image: Whenever I start up my laptop, this message pops up. Is there a way to fix this so it stops doing that? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-bad-image/755a29c9-dbd0-4fb6-bb83-4e9ac73bb650
  10. one good one bad

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    one good one bad: I have two pc's running W10, one updated to 10049 while I was having dinner by itself without any help from me so I started up the other and set it to update and its been a disaster. At the moment, if I switch it on, eventually I get a message saying please insert your...