Windows 10: One user account faster than the rest

Discus and support One user account faster than the rest in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 on an HP Envy M7. The computer is less than a year old and has good specs but no ssd. There are 3 accounts and for some reason one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by bananasplit, Jan 19, 2016.

1. One user account faster than the rest

Running Windows 10 on an HP Envy M7. The computer is less than a year old and has good specs but no ssd. There are 3 accounts and for some reason one account is way faster than the others. The first account made is the fastest and the other two are painfully slow. Things like the start menu take so long it seems they are unresponsive unless you use the main account. The computer has just been scanned for viruses, updated, and other typical optimizations. Anyone know why 2 accounts are slow and 1 is fast?

:)

bananasplit, Jan 19, 2016

2. What happened to my user acoounts, doc.'s, music and pictures after installing win 10?

Have found the answer. It seems that if you have more than one users account, it picks the first one in the system, not necessarily the main one you might want. I installed Win 10 on another computer with one user account (other than administrator) and
    it worked correctly. Start up is not much (if any) faster than Win 7 Pro or Ult. The new internet explorer (Edge) takes a little getting used to.

JohnPinzone, Jan 19, 2016
  3. Does the Xbox One start faster than Xbox 360?

Hi,

Questions about Xbox are outside the scope of this Community.

I suggest that you read the information below and repost in the correct Xbox Forum.

Xbox Forums directory

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Xbox Support Home:
    Xbox Support

For general support questions, visit the
    Xbox Support Forums

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Some general information for Xbox, etc. that may assist you:

[*]

For help with Enforcement Actions/Suspensions:
    Enforcement.Xbox.com.

[*]

[*]

For Xbox Live Policy & Enforcement Team Case Review:
    Xbox Enforcement | How Do I

[*]

[*]

For help with your console hardware and accessories:
    Accessories - Xbox Support

[*]

[*]

For help connecting to Xbox Live:
    Xbox 360 Can't Connect to Xbox Live - Xbox Support
    or Xbox 360 Network Connection Help | Troubleshoot Xbox Live
    or
    Xbox Live Not Working | Fix Xbox Live Connection Problems

[*]

[*]

For help purchasing or downloading items on your console:
    How to Find Games and Game Content After You Redeem a Code ...,

Store - Xbox Support

[*]

[*]

For help with your Xbox Live account:
    Manage account - Xbox Support or
    Manage Your Subscription on Xbox 360 - Xbox Support

[*]

[*]

For help with Xbox Games questions:
    Xbox One Games or
    Xbox 360 Games.

[*]

[*]

For help with Xbox Rewards: Xbox Rewards | Xbox Live – Xbox.com
    - Xbox Support,

Xbox Live Rewards,

FAQs - Xbox Live Rewards

[*]

[*]

For help with Promotions/Sales:
    Sales & Specials | This Week's Xbox Live Deals or
    Deals with Gold | Xbox Live

[*]

[*]

For help with Xbox on Windows:
    Getting started - Xbox Support

[*]

[*]

For Xbox Subscriptions Billing, etc.:
    Xbox subscriptions - Xbox Support

[*]

[*]
    For Xbox suggestions, to submit your idea, or vote on others:
    Xbox Feedback

[*]

[*]
    Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Jan 19, 2016
  4. b1rd Win User

One user account faster than the rest

Hey bananasplit,

Is it possible that the other user accounts have additional start up programs running?

Thema:

One user account faster than the rest

1. One user account faster than the rest - Similar Threads - user account faster

2. One user account slower than others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One user account slower than others: Hi.I have multiple user accounts on my windows and only one is being slow and from time to time unresponsive. The Start menu sometimes doesn't pop up and there are other strange things happening but again, only on one user account, the other accounts are good. Any ideas why...
  3. One user account slower than others

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One user account slower than others: Hi.I have multiple user accounts on my windows and only one is being slow and from time to time unresponsive. The Start menu sometimes doesn't pop up and there are other strange things happening but again, only on one user account, the other accounts are good. Any ideas why...
  4. 1024*768 faster than 640*480

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1024*768 faster than 640*480: Hey, so I encountered a weird thing while playing counter strike source.So i actually turned down all my graphics settings to low and set the resolution to 1024*768 and i was getting fps not dropping below 200so i thought that running at 640*480 there will be some slight...
  5. Battery life draining faster than usual

in Windows 10 Customization
    Battery life draining faster than usual: I have been using my laptop alot for online school and playing lots of games, and recently I have noticed that its going down MUCH faster when I play games that it used to, so I found out how to get a battery report and I want to know if this is good for my computer, and what...
  6. using runas i have one user account slower to launch programs than others user accounts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    using runas i have one user account slower to launch programs than others user accounts: hello, i have a problem for some unknown reason i have one user account which take much longer time (about 5seconds vs 1second) to launch programs when i use RUNAS, anyone know why or how i can find the problem? i use the same command for all users accounts: runas...
  7. Windows 7 is faster than Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 is faster than Windows 10: Hello Please guide me. Some users say Windows 7 is faster than Windows 10. What do you think? Thankful poneh_co https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-is-faster-than-windows-10/8bc63f96-38ea-4cc6-a929-6f9c2348d50d
  8. More than one user name for Outlook.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    More than one user name for Outlook.: How do I access either address? Only one will come up in Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/more-than-one-user-name-for-outlook/9dc5907c-7a89-49bd-99e8-578ee1816b77"
  9. Edge not faster than IE 11

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not faster than IE 11: Edge is not any faster than IE 11 on my laptop with SSD. Google Chrome has it by a mile! Even Firefox beats it hands down. The fact that Edge will not likely have any extensions to test by July 29 is a huge deception. After all, people who have computers live in their...
  10. User accounts slower than one other

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    User accounts slower than one other: When I downloaded Microsoft 10, I went back on my account and after a couple of minutes the whole thing worked fine, and I didn't see any problems. But, when another family member went on their account, it was MUCH slower than mine, and they couldn't access things that I...