Windows 10: OneDrive - 2 Files Constantly Being Synced

Discus and support OneDrive - 2 Files Constantly Being Synced in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I have this annoying issue that I'm hoping someone can help me with. After I recently did a reinstall of Windows 10 I accidently chose in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Faith, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Faith Win User

OneDrive - 2 Files Constantly Being Synced

Hi. I have this annoying issue that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

After I recently did a reinstall of Windows 10 I accidently chose in the beginning that OneDrive should synchronize my pictures and documents folders. Once I noticed this I changed the save-path for new pictures and documents to My PC instead of OneDrive and deleted the added documents and pictures folders. Now, I have this blue recycle icon on my OneDrive all the time, and if I right click and hit properties I can see that 2 files are in OneDrive with 96 bytes. If I open the folder nothing is found, not even if I click on "show hidden items". The onedrive icon in the system tray is normal and says "updated", it's only in the file explorer that I can see this issue.

So far I've tried restarting onedrive, resetting the app entirely, removed my account link to it, gone to my online storage and deleted everything in all subfolders (recycle bin, recently used etc), but no dice. Everytime it runs it finds those two files and starts to synchronize... I want them gone. I think it's somewhere in my system, but I have no idea where to look. The recycle bin is empty.

:)

Faith, Jun 18, 2017
  2. David Haz Win User

A process called "Microsoft OneDrive Setup" is constantly using 15-20% of my CPU for the third day in a row now

Hello,

It could be that OneDrive is not yet finished syncing your files or is not yet fully set up. May we know if you have recently changed some settings in OneDrive?

OneDrive constantly syncs your files from your PC to OneDrive, thus, can cause a slow down on your device. However, you may stop OneDrive from syncing your files. Here's how:

• On the taskbar, select File Explorer.
    • Right-click OneDrive - Personal, and then select Choose OneDrive folders to sync.
    • Clear the Sync all files and folders in OneDrive check box, then select
      OK.
    • Restart your PC and see if there are improvements within your device.

David Haz, Jun 18, 2017
  3. BatyaLevy Win User
    Duplicate Documents Folders

There appears to be 2 or 3 "documents" folders on my computer:

1. Libraries

2. This PC

3. One Drive

The 'documents' folders in "This PC" and "One Drive" seem to be the same thing. However, the 'documents' folder in "libraries" appears to have entirely different files. Also, I tried to tell my computer to only save my documents to "This PC", and yet all
    of the documents in "This PC" are still constantly syncing with "one drive". Whereas, the 'documents' folder in "libraries" does not sync to onedrive. Why is this happening?

BatyaLevy, Jun 18, 2017
  4. Faith Win User

A day later it's now fixed. Yay! I now have a green check mark over it in file explorer and my ADD can finally rest. If anyone is curious how I fixed it, or if anyone sees this thread and are wondering how to fix it, just let it sync. Yes that's right, it can take days, but eventually it will turn green. *Smile

Faith, Jun 19, 2017
Thema:

1. OneDrive - 2 Files Constantly Being Synced - Similar Threads - OneDrive Files Constantly

2. onedrive is constantly syncing several files over and over again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    onedrive is constantly syncing several files over and over again: Please, I would like to solve my problem that I have on my PC with OneDrive, where several about 20-30 files keep syncing over and over again, constantly, all the time the PC is on all day, which overloads the disk and the processor. Is there a solution to this error? I can't...
  3. onedrive is constantly syncing several files over and over again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive is constantly syncing several files over and over again: Please, I would like to solve my problem that I have on my PC with OneDrive, where several about 20-30 files keep syncing over and over again, constantly, all the time the PC is on all day, which overloads the disk and the processor. Is there a solution to this error? I can't...
  4. OneDrive Syncing Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Syncing Files: Hi all, I am wondering if there is a way to stop a group of files for a game from syncing and taking up space on my onedrive without just pausing it. The problem I have with pausing is that some of the files after their initial download are immediately putting some of...
  5. Use OneDrive to sync files on 2 PCs

Use OneDrive to sync files on 2 PCs: I have 2 PCs that have many common folders and document files as well as some that are unique to each computer. I want to set up OneDrive to create one set of merged folders and files that will sync across the 2 PCs. i would obviously like to avoid duplicate files. And,...
  6. Onedrive - file currently not being synced

Onedrive - file currently not being synced: Hi, Stuck for days on a blue circular arrow showing file currently being synced - how do I sync it to show green check mark? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-file-currently-not-being-synced/50273a24-79da-430b-9085-c75b4b543d4a
  7. OneDrive is not syncing files

OneDrive is not syncing files: Hi I am using a Toshiba Laptop running Windows 7, and an HP Eliteone 800 G3 All-in-one PC running Windows 10. I can see files in OneDrive on both the Laptop and the PC, however they are not the same files (there are more on the PC view than on the laptop view). Of those...
  8. onedrive file syncing

onedrive file syncing: i am unbale to select the folders that can be synced to me onedrive on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-file-syncing/f968e02e-90f5-4ae7-9b87-135de880fbac"
  9. Files not syncing to OneDrive

Files not syncing to OneDrive: I have recently run into some issues with my files that I edit on my Mac not syncing to my computer and overdrive.com account properly. I have chatted with Microsoft agents, let them remote control my computer, and still no help! The last agent even started a new OneDrive...
  10. OneDrive shows files syncing but nothing is actually being downloaded

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive shows files syncing but nothing is actually being downloaded: I started using OneDrive as my primary cloud storage about 9 months ago. I had everything on an external hard drive and got ~308 GB of data uploaded over the course of a few months. The external hard drive I was using as my local drive started to show signs of crapping out,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive shows as being synced even after icon shows as synced

2. can I slow down onedrive when files are being updated constantly

3. how to show onedrive files being synced

4. onedrive shows 2 files syncing constantly