Windows 10: Onedrive adds folders already in Dropbox

Discus and support Onedrive adds folders already in Dropbox in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I recently did a clean install of Win10 on my wife's computer, it put a number of folders in her Onedrive folder (without asking!). She has an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by agent99, Jan 13, 2018.

1. agent99 Win User

Onedrive adds folders already in Dropbox

When I recently did a clean install of Win10 on my wife's computer, it put a number of folders in her Onedrive folder (without asking!). She has an outlook.com email account. This was quite fortunate in a way because one of the folders was her Desktop. This helped in the clean install. She logs into her computer using a local log-in.

My question relates to Onedrive, Dropbox, This PC and User-gerry for documents, pictures etc

What I find, is that there are folders for documents and pictures, in Dropbox, Onedrive and in This PC. There are no such folders under users-gerry, but Dropbox and Onedrive are there.

For example:
    Onedrive
    - Documents
    - Pictures
    - Desktop
    - others
    Dropbox
    - Documents
    - Pictures
    - others
    This PC
    - Document
    - Pictures
    - others
    Users-->Gerry
    - Dropbox
    - Onedrive
    - others, but no separate documents or pictures folders

I tried changing the name of one file in Dropbox Documents, but that change did not show up in Onedrive or the This PC folder. I could do some more testing, but it seemed folders are not synchronized.

The above resulted from doing a clean install to a new drive, then copying the key folders over from old Win 10 drive that I put in an external enclosure.

What I am looking for, is a way to make sure that all folders are at least synchronized and in proper locations.

Thanks for any help

:)

agent99, Jan 13, 2018
  2. mrudesyle Win User

Windows 10 Mobile System Sounds for download

Wow - thanks for considering this. It's really kind of you!

If you could extract the files and add them to a Zip folder, I suspect you could upload that zipped folder to a shared OneDrive or DropBox folder and just make that folder public. If you use OneDrive, just share the folder & use a link for accessing the
    folder. Then just paste the link back in this thread for others to see: How to share (or unshare) files, folders, and documents, using the OneDrive website | Digital Citizen

Thanks again!

mrudesyle, Jan 13, 2018
  3. grahambm Win User
    Help with location of user folders when Onedrive and Dropbox are being used.

When I recently did a clean install of Win10 on my wife's computer, it put a number of folders in her Onedrive folder (without asking!). She has an outlook.com email account. This was quite fortunate in a way because one of the folders was her Desktop. This
    helped in the clean install. She logs into her computer using a local log-in.

My question relates to Onedrive, Dropbox, This PC and User-gerry for documents, pictures etc

What I find, is that there are folders for documents and pictures, in Dropbox, Onedrive and in This PC. There are no such folders under users-gerry, but Dropbox and Onedrive are there.

For example:

Onedrive

- Documents

- Pictures

- Desktop

- others

Dropbox

- Documents

- Pictures

- others

This PC

- Document

- Pictures

- others

Users-->Gerry

- Dropbox

- Onedrive

- others, but no separate documents or pictures folders

I tried changing the name of one file in Dropbox Documents, but that change did not show up in Onedrive or the This PC folder. I could do some more testing, but it seemed folders are not synchronized.

The above resulted from doing a clean install to a new drive, then copying the key folders over from old Win 10 drive that I put in an external enclosure.

What I am looking for, is the proper locations for documents & pictures. Should I create those folders in user-gerry, then copy all the files to those. Then delete them in This PC, Dropbox and Onedrive and let them resync? Or what is best plan?

Thanks for any help

* Moved from Windows 7

grahambm, Jan 13, 2018
  4. agent99 Win User

No answers here? All I am looking for is a standard layout for an installation that has say two cloud services. Mainly for documents and photos which should be synchronized with cloud servers.
    There used to be a way to eliminate Libraries, but I don't see that. Never understood their use anyway!

agent99, Jan 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Onedrive adds folders already in Dropbox - Similar Threads - Onedrive adds folders

2. Clouds Onedrive and Dropbox crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clouds Onedrive and Dropbox crashing: Hi,I have a question. Why my clouds onedrive and dropbox stops responding?I had this problem in old computer with win 10., and now I have same issue with a new computer with win11. And is same location of both computer.I also tried to uninstall both programs, but still issue...
  3. Clouds Onedrive and Dropbox crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clouds Onedrive and Dropbox crashing: Hi,I have a question. Why my clouds onedrive and dropbox stops responding?I had this problem in old computer with win 10., and now I have same issue with a new computer with win11. And is same location of both computer.I also tried to uninstall both programs, but still issue...
  4. Accessing files in synced folders takes forever OneDrive, iCloud, Dropbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing files in synced folders takes forever OneDrive, iCloud, Dropbox: Hi all,I´m using Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise - 10.0.19045 Build 19045 on a Latitude 5420 Laptop. I have installed 3 services for syncing files: OneDrive, iCloud an Dropbox.For some weeks now, accessing files in those synced folders via Explorer or Total Commander takes...
  5. The file or folder already exists on OneDrive

in Windows 10 News
    The file or folder already exists on OneDrive: [ATTACH]When a file is added to OneDrive, it syncs it across devices. If you deselect a folder from OneDrive and choose to sync, you may receive an error— The file or folder already exists on OneDrive. If this happens, then it’s because of the conflict between devices and...
  6. How to remove or add Google Drive, Dropbox and OneDrive to Context Menu

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove or add Google Drive, Dropbox and OneDrive to Context Menu: [ATTACH]If you want to add or remove Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive from the context menu, then this article will show you how to get […] This article How to remove or add Google Drive, Dropbox and OneDrive to Context Menu first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. HDD not allowing Dropbox or Onedrive connection after new profile add

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD not allowing Dropbox or Onedrive connection after new profile add: Hi Guys Not sure if this is connected but sounds like it. My other half has started working from home and i set up a new profile on my Pc. I knew they needed some software to download from work. But when i go into my profile i now find OneDrive & Dropbox cannot see the D:/...
  8. HDD not allowing Dropbox or Onedrive connection after new profile add

in Windows 10 Support
    HDD not allowing Dropbox or Onedrive connection after new profile add: Hi Guys Not sure if this is connected but sounds like it. My other half has started working from home and i set up a new profile on my Pc. I knew they needed some software to download from work. But when i go into my profile i now find OneDrive & Dropbox cannot see the D:/...
  9. Duplicate Folders (OneDrive, Dropbox)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate Folders (OneDrive, Dropbox): Is there a way to stop program folders from appearing more than one in file explorer? OneDrive and Dropbox appear in the navigation pane under Desktop and my user folder....
  10. New Dropbox add-on for Gmail

in Windows 10 News
    New Dropbox add-on for Gmail: [ATTACH] Scattered content is an everyday problem for many people. Any given file could be sitting on your desktop, attached to an email thread, tied to a database, or stored in any number of different places. We’re taking on this problem by making Dropbox a unified home...