Windows 10: OneDrive and local account - get rid of most folders showing

Discus and support OneDrive and local account - get rid of most folders showing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use4 a local account, no MSA. I want to use OneDrive as a repository that automatically syncs files I place there with the Microsoft Cloud so I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ztruker, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Ztruker Win User

OneDrive and local account - get rid of most folders showing

I use4 a local account, no MSA. I want to use OneDrive as a repository that automatically syncs files I place there with the Microsoft Cloud so I can access those files and folders from other computers.

Right now, after a Clean Install, OneDrive has a lot of folders I don't wnat there, so how do I get rid of most of them?

OneDrive and local account - get rid of most folders showing [​IMG]

:)

Ztruker, Feb 16, 2016

2. Delete Local account and How can I get rid of this "Microsoft Account"?

To clarify:

1. I wish to delete the "Microsoft Account" in its entirety without affecting the software or data associated with it.

2. Since posting my questions earlier I have now successfully deleted the "any other accounts," which was in fact a Local Account.

My one remaining question is whether I can safely delete the "Microsoft Account" without disturbing the data that is now associated with this account. Thank you.

CCIV-CDXXXI, Feb 16, 2016
  3. Delete Local account and How can I get rid of this "Microsoft Account"?

First: How can I delete a "Local Account'?

Second, I now have a nightmare. I never had a "Microsoft Account, and never needed one. I was forced to create one through use of an application. Now I am required to use a password every time I log in. A Password on this desktop is unnecessary and a waste
    of time. How can I get rid of this "Microsoft Account"?

Thank you.

CCIV-CDXXXI, Feb 16, 2016
  4. AndreyT Win User

What folders are you talking about, specifically? Your screenshot does not show any folders related to OneDrive (besides the root one). Synced OneDrive folders would be located under the root OneDrive folder, not next to it.

Your screenshot shows standard Windows folders typically found under Users\<your username> (AppData, Documents, Pictures, Desktop etc.). But what else you have there does not look like a clean install at all. You have a whole bunch of third-party folders there.

AndreyT, Feb 16, 2016
  5. Those folder are used to sync to your Onedrive on MS servers. SO all the files in the picture folder will be synced to you Onedrive location. So if you removed I would remove form both places just to be organized.

orlbuckeye, Feb 16, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    AndryT, that is my OneDrive folder (which also contains a OneDrive folder - weird) under C:\Users\myusername.

orlbuckeye, by both places you mean the local OneDrive folder and my Ms Cloud OneDrive? If so that is exactly what I want.
    My concern is that this will also delete the original folders under C:\Users\myusername.

I guess the easiest way to see what happens is to delete one or two I don't care about and see what happens.

Ztruker, Feb 16, 2016
  7. All I see in my C:\Users\kerry\OneDrive folder is my One Drive Documents, Music, Pictures, Public folders. Same as what I see if I go to the OneDrive folder in This PC > Desktop > OneDrive. I changed my default save locations so files don't get saved to the OneDrive folders by default.

alphanumeric, Feb 16, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

I never had this many file sin OneDrive until I did a Clean Install, then poof, there they were.

Made sure I had a good backup then deleted all the ones I didn't want. Went well and now I have only the files I want there, sort of like Mediafire or any of the other file sharing sites.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. OneDrive and local account - get rid of most folders showing - Similar Threads - OneDrive local account

2. OneDrive - Account - choose folders - is not allowing local folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive - Account - choose folders - is not allowing local folders: From OneDrive app Account "Choose Folders"It is not allowing local folders, like c:\my-folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-account-choose-folders-is-not-allowing/b1991011-ab6c-400c-a72a-28c0fc33e5c9
  3. OneDrive - Account - choose folders - is not allowing local folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive - Account - choose folders - is not allowing local folders: From OneDrive app Account "Choose Folders"It is not allowing local folders, like c:\my-folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-account-choose-folders-is-not-allowing/b1991011-ab6c-400c-a72a-28c0fc33e5c9
  4. OneDrive - Account - choose folders - is not allowing local folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Local folders not showing onedrive files on new PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Local folders not showing onedrive files on new PC?: Hi folks, I'm most likely being idiotic but, I've just picked up a Zephyrus g14 to replace my Dell XPS 15. I did have another XPS delivered but it arrived wet and despite booting up, bricked after just 24 hours, Dell's aftercare service was appalling and so I decided to...
  6. Deleting OneDrive Folder Gets Rid of files locally.

Deleting OneDrive Folder Gets Rid of files locally.: Hello so when I decided to delete my OneDrive folder it deleted files locally not only on my C drive but also my D: drive for example everything that was on my desktop is gone. Is there any fix for this?...
  7. Thumbnails not showing for most pictures in OneDrive folders

Thumbnails not showing for most pictures in OneDrive folders: Hi, So I have pictures, and their thumbnails are showing just fine in regular folders, but once I put them in a OneDrive folder, the thumbnail just disappears after the picture is synced. A weird thing is not all the pictures are affected, some are spared and the thumbs...
  8. Does deleting a local account on windows 10 completely get rid of that local account...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Does deleting a local account on windows 10 completely get rid of that local account...: I've created an extra local standard account by mistake that I don't really need after I wiped and reinstalled windows 10 on my pc in an effort to make it completely secure. I have two other accounts on my desktop that are my main local standard account and my admin account...
  9. get rid of "Documents" folder created by OneDrive for Business?

in Windows 10 Customization
    get rid of "Documents" folder created by OneDrive for Business?: Can someone advise me on how to get rid of "Documents" folder created by OneDrive for Business? See the below screen [img] https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html The above mentioned tricks don't work for this particular folder and I can't really...
  10. OneDrive and local account

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive and local account: Can OneDrive be used with a local account? I Know I would have to login with a MS account but can this be done from a local account? 23393