Windows 10: OneDrive and local account

Discus and support OneDrive and local account in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can OneDrive be used with a local account? I Know I would have to login with a MS account but can this be done from a local account? 23393 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ztruker, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Ztruker Win User

OneDrive and local account

Can OneDrive be used with a local account? I Know I would have to login with a MS account but can this be done from a local account?

:)

Ztruker, Sep 19, 2015
  2. John582n Win User

How do I change the location that Documents points to?

That was true in Windows 8, but in Windows 10 OneDrive is installed whether you use a local or Microsoft account, so it is available in a Local account.

I mainly use a Local Windows 10 account that has never been linked to a Microsoft account, and I use OneDrive.

In all my Windows accounts (1 local and three Microsoft), OneDrive is being used but I save my docs locally and don't see the issue being discussed here.

John582n, Sep 19, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Local Account

And we get a tutorial that shows us how to create a dang account instead of how to get our . Like we are stupid! Ugh!

local account, Sep 19, 2015
  4. strollin Win User

I'm using OneDrive with a local account on my Win 10 machines. Win 8.1 required you to switch to a MS account to use OneDrive but Win 10 seems to have removed that restriction.

strollin, Sep 20, 2015
  5. pparks1 Win User
    8.1 doesn't necessarily require a MS account. I use a domain account, and then have my ms account setup under my domain account.

pparks1, Sep 20, 2015
  6. Ztruker Win User
    Tried it and it works, Thanks.

I didn't think it would as when I started it I got a page that said I needed to sign in with my MS account. I was not sure what would happen but signed in and voilla`, OneDrive was setup and working under my local account.

I disabled all Syncing for now as I want to keep this computer setup exactly as it is.

Again, thanks.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. OneDrive and local account - Similar Threads - OneDrive local account

2. How can OneDrive be used with "local" not "Microsoft" accounts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can OneDrive be used with "local" not "Microsoft" accounts?: My wife and I share a new PC which replaced one running Windows 7, so I set up local accounts for each of us. We much prefer having our personal accounts be local and not tied to our regular email addresses or connected to Microsoft for everything we do. However, we would...
  3. How can OneDrive be used with "local" not "Microsoft" accounts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can OneDrive be used with "local" not "Microsoft" accounts?: My wife and I share a new PC which replaced one running Windows 7, so I set up local accounts for each of us. We much prefer having our personal accounts be local and not tied to our regular email addresses or connected to Microsoft for everything we do. However, we would...
  4. OneDrive - Account - choose folders - is not allowing local folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive - Account - choose folders - is not allowing local folders: From OneDrive app Account "Choose Folders"It is not allowing local folders, like c:\my-folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-account-choose-folders-is-not-allowing/b1991011-ab6c-400c-a72a-28c0fc33e5c9
  5. Can I use Onedrive in a Local Account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I use Onedrive in a Local Account?: I want to use Onedrive in a W10 PC but also I need a local account. Is possible? Thanks submitted by /u/Ok_Intention_4934 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kgjxnx/can_i_use_onedrive_in_a_local_account/
  6. OneDrive with local account vs Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive with local account vs Microsoft account: I have windows 10 pro on my desktop computer and 2 laptops. All 3 are using a local account. I also use onedrive and sync across all three devices. All 3 devices have the same login name and same passeord. Basically no matter which machine i use, everthing is as close as i...
  7. OneDrive and Local Account Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive and Local Account Windows 10: OneDrive now comes preloaded on a Windows 10. If I have a Local Account set-up (after switching back from the activation using Microsoft Account) ... and sign in to OneDrive to sync files... Will that turn my Local Account now into a Microsoft account? I have heard that...
  8. Local User Account and OneDrive

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local User Account and OneDrive: From what I have read, in order to use OneDrive (integrated in the OS, not the web browser), you have to use a MSA account to login to the computer in order to use OneDrive. Is there a way to use a Local user account, while still using OneDrive without using a web browser?...
  9. Onedrive works from Local Account (Build 9926)

Onedrive works from Local Account (Build 9926): I've not been on the Forum much lately so apologies if everyone already knew this and it's been in 10 Preview all along... but I'm really pleased that the Onedrive sync works for local accounts again. *Biggrin Like Windows 8 (but not 8.1) I can now sign in with a local...
  10. OneDrive and Local Account login

OneDrive and Local Account login: Can I acces OneDrive with the desktop app even if logging into my computer with a local account? I know this wasn't possible on Windows 8/8.1. Thanks. 11996