Windows 10: OneDrive as an application?

Discus and support OneDrive as an application? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Lately OneDrive appears as one of the applications installed on my system; and the Windows Exprolorer lists it among the content of the system. As... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by aca, Aug 17, 2015.

1. ACA
    aca Win User

OneDrive as an application?

Lately OneDrive appears as one of the applications installed on my system; and the Windows Exprolorer lists it among the content of the system.
    As shown there, it appears to contain a single file (or feature, maybe not a real file) with this name: .849C9593-D756-4E56-8D6E-42412F2A707B. Clicking on this just opens an empty Notebook and nothing else happens.

- How can I get rid of this application, as it seems quite useless, and I'm not aware of having installed it myself?
    I cannot delete the file mentionned because a process keeps it open, a pop-up says.
    I cannot uninstall OneDrive because that option is disabled on the list of applications.

- And what is this OneDrive application anyway? It doesn’t seem to be the same thing as OneDrive, the storage space in the cloud, which I use regularly, and performs all right.

Thanks for any help.

:)

2. John Vil Win User

Microsoft Office One Drive 1TB Redeem Code Used Unidentified Person

Hi,

It would be best to get in touch with your local vendor and check if another code is available for use. If there's none, you may contact our
    Microsoft Answer Desk for any account related concerns.

In addition you may check this link if you would need a customer service number in your country.

Thank you.

John Vil, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Shevoj Win User
    Microsoft Office One Drive 1TB Redeem Code Used Unidentified Person

Hello, there!

I recently purchased Microsoft Home and Student 2016 from a local store here at Malaysia. It came with an offer of 1TB One Drive cloud storage. I tried redeeming it recently but I was told it was unsuccessful because the code has already been taken by another
    user.

This is the first time I am redeeming this code and I have not given or shown it to anyone. What could be done to fix this?

Thanks!

[Moved from: OneDrive / Managing storage limits / Questions about my subscription / OneDrive in Microsoft Office / Office 365]

Shevoj, Aug 17, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello aca,

The tutorial below can help explain what OneDrive is, and show you how to disable OneDrive integration in Windows 10. *Smile

OneDrive can be quite useful if you have a need for cloud storage or sharing of files.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Aug 17, 2015
  5. ACA
    aca Win User
    Thank you, Brink. This is just what I needed to know about the overall working of OneDrive.
    Most useful!

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. OneDrive as an application? - Similar Threads - OneDrive application

2. Application has problems renaming/modifying files on OneDrive and produce "We couldn't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application has problems renaming/modifying files on OneDrive and produce "We couldn't...: Hi.FYI - none of what is happening below is a problem with the regular file system.We have an application that is storing a set of text files YAML to a subdirectory of Documents, which is mapped to OneDrive.Lets call this subdirectory "Library1" and it contains YAML files...
  3. Application has problems renaming/modifying files on OneDrive and produce "We couldn't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application has problems renaming/modifying files on OneDrive and produce "We couldn't...: Hi.FYI - none of what is happening below is a problem with the regular file system.We have an application that is storing a set of text files YAML to a subdirectory of Documents, which is mapped to OneDrive.Lets call this subdirectory "Library1" and it contains YAML files...
  4. Onedrive application Group policy settings by adding registry keys on Windows 10 and 11.

Onedrive application Group policy settings by adding registry keys on Windows 10 and 11.: Technical type: Intermediate1. Download the latest Onedrive application version 23.199.0924.0001 from the Microsoft download center directlink2. Install the downloaded Onedrive application using the setup file. 3. Browse to this location...
  5. Onedrive application Group policy settings by adding registry keys on Windows 10 and 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive application Group policy settings by adding registry keys on Windows 10 and 11.: Technical type: Intermediate1. Download the latest Onedrive application version 23.199.0924.0001 from the Microsoft download center direct link2. Install the downloaded Onedrive application using the setup file.3. Browse to this location...
  6. Desktop windows xaml source onedrive application error

Desktop windows xaml source onedrive application error: Recently after an update in windows 11 i get this message from Desktop windows xaml source onedrive application error, usual error message of reference memory not found click ok to terminate the program, just before shutting down my laptop. It's not causing any trouble right...
  7. Desktop windows xaml source onedrive application error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop windows xaml source onedrive application error: Recently after an update in windows 11 i get this message from Desktop windows xaml source onedrive application error, usual error message of reference memory not found click ok to terminate the program, just before shutting down my laptop. It's not causing any trouble right...
  8. OneDrive keeps alt-tabbing me out of fullscreen applications when sync occurs.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive keeps alt-tabbing me out of fullscreen applications when sync occurs.: This has been happening for a few weeks now. Randomly, out of the blue, I'll be playing a game in fullscreen and I'll randomly be alt-tabbed. What I've found is that this only occurs when OneDrive is syncing files. Anyone else have this issue or have any sort of guidance?...
  9. OneDrive keeps alt-tabbing me out of fullscreen applications when sync occurs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive keeps alt-tabbing me out of fullscreen applications when sync occurs.: This has been happening for a few weeks now. Randomly, out of the blue, I'll be playing a game in fullscreen and I'll randomly be alt-tabbed. What I've found is that this only occurs when OneDrive is syncing files. Anyone else have this issue or have any sort of guidance?...
  10. OneDrive keeps alt-tabbing me out of fullscreen applications when sync occurs.