Windows 10: OneDrive Beginner Questions

Discus and support OneDrive Beginner Questions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi There, I'm finding all of the information a bit confusing re the use of OneDrive. I have started to use OneDrive with 1TB capacity as an off site... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stevenson53, Jun 17, 2017.

1. OneDrive Beginner Questions

Hi There,
    I'm finding all of the information a bit confusing re the use of OneDrive.
    I have started to use OneDrive with 1TB capacity as an off site back up of my files, the Outlook ones being quite large, the rest not so much. I have several local daily/weekly backups.
    I have some questions which no doubt can be easily answered by those in the know so any help you can give me would be much appreciated.
    - Large files (Outlook) seem to be taking days to upload, I only have a 3mbps upload speed but is this normal?
    - Can I have a file in the PC OneDrive but opt to exclude it from synching to the Cloud?
    - If for some reason a file in the Cloud gets corrupted, will it back corrupt the file on my PC?
    - I have 18 Outlook folders. I open Outlook everyday but I don't open every folder. Will those that have not been opened still want to be backed up as I think all folders get a new date?
    - If for some reason a file gets deleted in the Cloud, will it get deleted on my PC?
    - What happens when I open a large file which is currently uploading?
    Thanks
    Paul

:)

stevenson53, Jun 17, 2017

2. n900 beginner questions

Read up on enabling software repositories (catalogs) and installing apps here:

Downloading applications - maemo.org wiki

Be careful with stuff in the Testing catalog, and only install from Devel if you feel like taking a serious risk.

Downloading and installing stuff willy-nilly from the internet is NOT a good idea. Only for very advanced users, if at all.

crashdamage, Jun 17, 2017
  3. Complete beginner's question

Hi, I'm a complete beginner when it comes to programming in general and especially for windows or windows phone. Firstly, do I need Visual Studio to write code whether it be Silverlight or XNA? And what language are Windows phone apps written in - which
    language do I need to learn?

BeginnerZY, Jun 17, 2017
Thema:

OneDrive Beginner Questions

1. OneDrive Beginner Questions - Similar Threads - OneDrive Beginner Questions

2. Beginners Subnetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beginners Subnetting: I am taking a class in computer applications, and currently using Windows 11. I would like to know a safe website to get understanding on knowing about subnetting and doing assignments in the subject. Last place I checked I thought was Microsoft, then when they wanted to...
  3. Simple Network: Beginner Question #2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Simple Network: Beginner Question #2: I have a dual boot desktop AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with the Production partition being 20H2 Build 19042.906 and the second partition being Insider Preview Dev Build 21343. Then there are two laptops; one is an HP Laptop 17" i5 with Windows 10 Home and a Lenovo Ideapad 14" Flex 4...
  4. Simple Network: Beginner Question

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Simple Network: Beginner Question: Hello All: I am endeavoring to construct a simple network. I have three nodes: the router, my Windows computer, and a Linux computer. I have the router plugged into a cable modem. All I want to do is to occasionally transfer files between the two computers and have both...
  5. Microsoft to do - some beginner questions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft to do - some beginner questions: I just imported my lists into microsoft to do and im wonder if im able to change the background / theme on desktop? I also miss the ability to drag tasks across lists and reposition task manually within lists. I can't seem to do this in Microsoft to do. submitted by...
  6. Excel beginner question

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel beginner question: Hi. I have something I want to do with my Excel, it's a bit more difficult but I split the problem into easier question For example, I like to record my income and expenses from my two different bank accounts, so of course each bank account would have a single spreadsheet to...
  7. Excel beginner questions

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel beginner questions: Hi I've made an Excel (In fact, Google Sheet) which is used to make a record of my cash income and expense there are three columns - "Income" "Expense" as well as "Balance" , similar to most bank statement record. I am a beginner and I am able to calculate the new...
  8. Excel beginner questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Excel beginner questions: Hi I've made an Excel (In fact, Google Sheet) which is used to make a record of my cash income and expense there are three columns - "Income" "Expense" as well as "Balance" , similar to most bank statement record. I am a beginner and I am able to calculate the new...
  9. beginner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    beginner: while installing apps it says to restart to finish how do I do that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/beginner/d4a78bfa-c5a4-475b-99c3-5ec6947fa948
  10. Beginner question: difference between Home and Home N

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Beginner question: difference between Home and Home N: Which version should I pick and why? Does N version cost more? I'm doing a completely fresh install and I'm going to buy the license after the installation. Also I don't think a need the Pro version. Home or Home N [img] 33242