Windows 10: OneDrive can be uninstalled ?

Discus and support OneDrive can be uninstalled ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is a newly installed Win 10 Home. Win 10 version 1709 Build 16299.98 I thought OneDrive was part of the current Win 10 operating system and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by davidhk, Dec 6, 2017.

1. davidhk Win User

OneDrive can be uninstalled ?

This is a newly installed Win 10 Home.

Win 10 version 1709 Build 16299.98

I thought OneDrive was part of the current Win 10 operating system and it could not be uninstalled. It should NOT even be listed in Programs and Features.
    I just happened to check my Programs and Features and I saw this..........

OneDrive can be uninstalled ? [​IMG]

I must be really out of date. When did MS reverse the decision ?

:)

davidhk, Dec 6, 2017

2. Uninstalled Onedrive

Unfortunately I ran a program called Onedrive uninstaller v.04.cmd because Onedrive was giving me red x's all the time and even though I had upgraded to 1TB it was still telling me I had no space. So in a moment of fustration I just wanted to get rid of
    it. When I uninstalled every file in Mydocuments, Videos and Pictures was gone. I am a game developer and I no longer have access to 4 months of work. I have tried finding the files in Onedrive after I reinstalled but not everything is showing up. Specifically
    the files that I really need. I need help PLEASE!!

OrlandoRodriguez1, Dec 6, 2017
  3. Uninstalled Onedrive

I honestly don't know how else I could help you. Are you sure they aren't in your recycle bin? Where they "online onedrive files", or where they actually stored on the drive?

Just uninstalling the sync engine won't remove files, so check your entire drive, maybe you drag-dropped them somewhere.

But if you see 100 GB of space you didn't have before, then it's probably gone. What backup system do you use for in case your system was to get a power surge or other crash?

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Dec 6, 2017
  4. OneDrive can be uninstalled ?

Turn off or uninstall OneDrive - Office Support

Should you use the OneDrive universal app or desktop client? | Windows Central

I think, that the first version did not allow to uninstall it, but I uninstalled the app in the versions afterards.
    As for the desktop version, I think, it might be available since 1703 or 1709. I just do this to remove it.

Code: taskkill /F /IM onedrive.exe "%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe" /uninstall "%SYSTEMROOT%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe" /uninstall rd "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\OneDrive" /Q /S rd "%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft OneDrive" /Q /S rd "%USERPROFILE%\OneDrive" /Q /S[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Dec 8, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    [/quote] No such thing as a desktop version.
    You have PC version and mobile phone version - that's it.

cereberus, Dec 9, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    What is point of removing it anyway. We all get 5GB of free cloud space. It is very handy way of backing up valuable documents, and makes it easy to transfer stuff to other pcs. Very easy to create download links - do not even need to go online.

It does not use any resources other than a brief periodic check synced folders are upto date, and that can be switched off as well.

Also, with new Files on Demand, you can store files in cloud and save space on PC - great for 32GB mmc devices.

cereberus, Dec 9, 2017
  7. Totally agree with you, @cereberus , I also don't understand what is so bad about OneDrive... *Rolleyes

Ivan Petrov, Dec 9, 2017
  8. OneDrive can be uninstalled ?

Last time I tried it, it removed my files, lucky I had a backup.

TairikuOkami, Dec 9, 2017
  9. removing OneDrive from the StartUp saves time..
    it auto-opens when it's needed, so no real need to have it at StartUp
    - unless circumstances warrant, natch..*Wink

BugMeister, Dec 9, 2017
  10. Helmut Win User
    Just right click the Icon in All Programs > Uninstall. Or go the Programs & Features ways.
    Not really necessary as it can side lined by Windows Settings and the Application settings.

The latest iteration seems very unobtrusive. Nothing in Startup or in the File Explorer.
    Mega fuss about nothing.
    I kept my free 2 x 15 GB of cloud space.

Helmut, Dec 9, 2017
  11. Mine as well, I then removed it.

Josey Wales, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

OneDrive can be uninstalled ?

1. OneDrive can be uninstalled ? - Similar Threads - OneDrive uninstalled

2. Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall: File Explorer keeps freezing when trying to open a Word files stored on Sharepoint/OneDrive.I uninstalled OneDrive hoping to reinstall.Now OneDrive will not reinstall.And Chrome won't work.Windows Update shows that the computer is up to date.64-bit operating systemEdition...
  3. Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall: File Explorer keeps freezing when trying to open a Word files stored on Sharepoint/OneDrive.I uninstalled OneDrive hoping to reinstall.Now OneDrive will not reinstall.And Chrome won't work.Windows Update shows that the computer is up to date.64-bit operating systemEdition...
  4. Why is a file in OneDrive on the web available in my local PC even though I uninstalled...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is a file in OneDrive on the web available in my local PC even though I uninstalled...: I uninstalled OneDrive from my PC and only access it online. A couple of days ago, I logged into OneDrive online and edited an Excel file. I just noticed that the same file appears in my local Excel 2021, in the list of files under the "File" menu. The file has a link to an...
  5. Why is a file in OneDrive on the web available in my local PC even though I uninstalled...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is a file in OneDrive on the web available in my local PC even though I uninstalled...: I uninstalled OneDrive from my PC and only access it online. A couple of days ago, I logged into OneDrive online and edited an Excel file. I just noticed that the same file appears in my local Excel 2021, in the list of files under the "File" menu. The file has a link to an...
  6. Why is a file in OneDrive on the web available in my local PC even though I uninstalled...

7. How to move all OneDrive files to my PC and then stop syncing and then uninstall OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to move all OneDrive files to my PC and then stop syncing and then uninstall OneDrive: How to move all OneDrive files to my PC and then stop syncing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-all-onedrive-files-to-my-pc-and-then/167d819e-85a5-4634-8eed-2dcd6c56bb7b
  8. How to move all OneDrive files to my PC and then stop syncing and then uninstall OneDrive

How to move all OneDrive files to my PC and then stop syncing and then uninstall OneDrive: How to move all OneDrive files to my PC and then stop syncing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-all-onedrive-files-to-my-pc-and-then/167d819e-85a5-4634-8eed-2dcd6c56bb7b
  9. OneDrive folder keeps coming back after uninstalling OneDrive. How can I stop this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive folder keeps coming back after uninstalling OneDrive. How can I stop this?: OneDrive folder keeps coming back after uninstalling OneDrive. How can I stop this?I don't need OneDrive and it's doing strange things with duplicate folder names having different content....
  10. OneDrive folder keeps coming back after uninstalling OneDrive. How can I stop this?

OneDrive folder keeps coming back after uninstalling OneDrive. How can I stop this?: OneDrive folder keeps coming back after uninstalling OneDrive. How can I stop this?I don't need OneDrive and it's doing strange things with duplicate folder names having different content....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what would happenif i uninstalled one drive