Windows 10: OneDrive desktop app crashing on Windows 10

Discus and support OneDrive desktop app crashing on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since I upgraded to windows 10 my OneDrive account has not been syncing properly and regularly comes up with errors when I start up before abruptly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AJC00k, Sep 12, 2015.

1. AJC00k Win User

OneDrive desktop app crashing on Windows 10

Since I upgraded to windows 10 my OneDrive account has not been syncing properly and regularly comes up with errors when I start up before abruptly crashing. A lot of the advice I have found online recommends e.g. right clicking on the OneDrive app in the bottom right however the OneDrive app does not actually appear for me (I have selected OneDrive to always show in the notification area in the settings but this does not help)

Can anyone recommend how I can fix/reset OneDrive so that it actually works properly on windows 10?

Also, I understand microsoft have removed the feature to allow you to access OneDrive online only files direct from explorer instead forcing you to download everything you need to access locally onto the computer. As this was quite literally the only feature that put OneDrive ahead of e.g. Dropbox/Google Drive, has anyone found a way around this yet?

:)

AJC00k, Sep 12, 2015
  2. XP ROCKS. Win User
    XP ROCKS., Sep 12, 2015
  3. Onedrive Crashing

I restarted OneDrive desktop app, quickly clicked Settings, Choose Folders to Sync and Unchecked all...the app is not crashing...stay tuned.

DenisDudzinski, Sep 12, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Try clearing the cache in the Microsoft uploader

Open the upload center, click setttings, then click Delete cached files

OneDrive desktop app crashing on Windows 10 [​IMG]

5. AJC00k Win User
    Just want to say thanks. This worked straight away and I haven't had any problems with syncing since

AJC00k, Sep 28, 2015
  6. Dude Win User
    Good news, please mark the thread as solved so others searching can find a possible fix.

Dude, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. OneDrive desktop app crashing on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - OneDrive desktop app

2. OneDrive Desktop UI App starts incompletely on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Desktop UI App starts incompletely on Windows 10: I have a startup issue with the installed OneDrive Desktop UI App running on my Windows 10 notebook. Everything else works fine. The Microsoft One Drive 64bit background App is running well. The OneDrive synchronization works as well. I can also sign-in with the OneDrive Web...
  3. OneDrive Desktop UI App starts incompletely on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Desktop UI App starts incompletely on Windows 10: I have a startup issue with the installed OneDrive Desktop UI App running on my Windows 10 notebook. Everything else works fine. The Microsoft One Drive 64bit background App is running well. The OneDrive synchronization works as well. I can also sign-in with the OneDrive Web...
  4. win 10 App crash to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 App crash to desktop: An App Analookw Ive been using for years now crashes to desktop everytime I use it. My updates are all in, I have reloaded the program several times to no availHeres the errot reportFaulting application name: AnalookW.exe, version: 0.4.6.5, time stamp: 0x60f45147Faulting...
  5. win 10 App crash to desktop

win 10 App crash to desktop: An App Analookw Ive been using for years now crashes to desktop everytime I use it. My updates are all in, I have reloaded the program several times to no availHeres the errot reportFaulting application name: AnalookW.exe, version: 0.4.6.5, time stamp: 0x60f45147Faulting...
  6. win 10 App crash to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. onedrive and desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive and desktop: Onedrive - autoconfigure - Desktop BackupI have a little concern about Onedrive configuration and actually I didnt find the right forum to askSome reason - Onedrive autoconfigures weirdSituation - new computer, just created exicting MS Accountafter 1st logon Onedrive...
  8. OneDrive App on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive App on Windows 10: On my old PC I used to be able to edit files on my hard drive and they automatically updated on one drive shown by a little cloud and tick I think. On my new PC with windows10 I can sign into one drive and access the files online, but there does not seem to be any link to the...
  9. Onedrive (desktop app) sign-in not working automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive (desktop app) sign-in not working automatically: Hello All, I am running Windows 10 (earlier 1803 and now 1903) on my dell xps laptop. Recently (earlier it was working fine) I've seen onedrive doesn't sign-in automatically duing logon, it just stays in notification bar with message 'signing in'. On clicking the icon it...
  10. OneDrive Windows 10 crashing repeatedly

OneDrive Windows 10 crashing repeatedly: Hi I'm using OneDrive on a Windows 10 Home which I upgraded from Windows 8.1 on an ASUS Q551LN. I used OneDrive for 3 days without problems. Around 3 GB of data synced on local machine folder and the onedrive site. Yesterday I didn't need a folder (around 1 GB) and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 onedrive crashing