Windows 10: OneDrive disappeared from file explorer in W10

Discus and support OneDrive disappeared from file explorer in W10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey all, Preface: I had Windows 8.1 and I never used SkyDrive or, later, OneDrive, but since it's so inbred with Windows 10, I wanted to at least... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Resurrection20, Aug 18, 2015.

1. OneDrive disappeared from file explorer in W10

Hey all,

Preface: I had Windows 8.1 and I never used SkyDrive or, later, OneDrive, but since it's so inbred with Windows 10, I wanted to at least check it out. Especially after all of Microsoft's hype and the $16 Billion they poured into cloud research. I also have a Windows Phone, so I was curious how well it would actually sync things.

So, I install Windows 10. I'm poking around. I see OneDrive listed as a program on the start menu, I click it and nothing happens. I open up file explorer. OneDrive is listed on the left navigation pane above "My PC." I click on it and it disappears. Poof! There are still OneDrive folders scattered throughout my C:\Windows, so I know there are remnants of it hanging around somewhere. I surmised that the program on my start menu was the leftover OneDrive app from Windows 8.1. So, I uninstalled that. Of course, there's no reinstallation file for Windows 10, because, "it's just supposed to be there."

Any help file I've looked at, MS or otherwise, has simply stated that it should be there and makes no mention of any contingency if, for any reason, it is not there. As if that's inconceivable.

Anyone else have this problem? Any solutions? At this point, I'd either like to re-enable it or completely purge it. Other than this, my Windows upgrade experience has been flawless. *Party

:)

Resurrection20, Aug 18, 2015

2. Unsynced OneDrive Folders

Folders I've chosen not to sync to my computer from One Drive will not appear in File Explorer. Combined with the disappearance of the OneDrive App, the only way to access unsynced OneDrive folders is by opening a browser. Am I doing something wrong?

RyanDeegan, Aug 18, 2015
  3. File Explorer has gone crazy after last nights upgrade.

My only has icons instead of full descriptions. I can not get back to a point where I have tabs that actually say something. Please tell me how to get my view repaired? help... Help.... HELP!!!

File Explorer, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

OneDrive disappeared from file explorer in W10

OneDrive usually is located at C:\Users\<your-username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe If this file is still there, you might want to run it...

If you believe that your Windows installation now is somehow broken (at least with regard to OneDrive), you could try refreshing the system. This should restore systm files and essential settings. However, I would see, if the issue can be solved without such a big change first.

Joergi, Aug 19, 2015
  5. Hi,
    Thanks for responding. That was the first thing I did. In that directory is a folder entitled "17.3.5892.0626." Within that is a OneDriveSetup.exe. When I run it, it goes through the whole thing of installing and says "Preparing OneDrive for first use" then disappears...and no OneDrive.

Honestly, I don't ever really use the cloud and the idea of it kind of creeps me out. So...I'll probably just get along with my life and keep using google docs if I ever need to share anything.

Resurrection20, Aug 19, 2015
  6. circe801 Win User
    same thing just happened to me just a few minutes ago (which is how i ended up here). i clicked on the tile in start and nothing happened. the folders in file explorer are gone, but all my files are there on the onedrive website. the icon on start does nothing when clicked on. this is just so weird. i downloaded from the website and, yes, it does the 'prepare for first use' and then disappears. now, it does show up in file explorer intact, but without the green checks. WTF???

circe801, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

OneDrive disappeared from file explorer in W10

1. OneDrive disappeared from file explorer in W10 - Similar Threads - OneDrive disappeared file

2. Files disappeared from Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files disappeared from Onedrive: Most of important files disappeared from onedrive overnight. They are not in the recycle bin. I have the free version. 2 year old versions of the files do exist. I cannot for the life of me think of anything I could have done to cause this. I do recall perhaps adding another...
  3. Files disappeared from Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files disappeared from Onedrive: Most of important files disappeared from onedrive overnight. They are not in the recycle bin. I have the free version. 2 year old versions of the files do exist. I cannot for the life of me think of anything I could have done to cause this. I do recall perhaps adding another...
  4. OneDrive Personal has disappeared from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Personal has disappeared from File Explorer: I have a OneDrive Personal Account. This used to be listed in the list of files and folders in File Explorer. It still is on my HP desktop running W11, but has disappeared from my W10 HP laptop. I've tried the 'Restore your OneDrive' instructions, but they don't seem to...
  5. OneDrive Personal has disappeared from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Personal has disappeared from File Explorer: I have a OneDrive Personal Account. This used to be listed in the list of files and folders in File Explorer. It still is on my HP desktop running W11, but has disappeared from my W10 HP laptop. I've tried the 'Restore your OneDrive' instructions, but they don't seem to...
  6. OneDrive Personal has disappeared from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Onedrive folder icon is now dark blue and it disappeared from the File Explorer

Onedrive folder icon is now dark blue and it disappeared from the File Explorer: I was messing with the onedrive folder trying to make the little icons near files and folders of my desktop disappear and I ended up deleting the Onedrive folder. The folder still appars in my user folder but it's dark blue and it doesn't appear on the side of the File...
  8. Onedrive missing from File Explorer

Onedrive missing from File Explorer: My problem is when I open up File Explorer onedrive is missing. How do I get to show up? I'm running the most current home version on my HP laptop. I have tried to find a solution, but nothing applies. Help would be appreciated. Please note that in the Category list there...
  9. Missing files from OneDrive in file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing files from OneDrive in file explorer: In my Personal one drive that's in file explorer I have a folder that's now empty. I think I can remember moving the folder out and then I put it back in but now it's empty so no idea what's going on. I do know that recycle bin is empty submitted by /u/TheRedDevils12...
  10. Remove OneDrive from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove OneDrive from File Explorer: I had to reinstall Windows 10 recently. While I was copying my files to C:\users\[MyName] I discovered that Microsoft pushed the OneDrive service and linked automatically, messing everything with the 5GB limit. I unlinked OneDrive and later uninstalled from Windows. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. had onedrive has a explorer file

2. one drive disappeared from file explorer

3. onedrive vanishes from file explorer