Windows 10: OneDrive / Dropbox - how do they work?

Discus and support OneDrive / Dropbox - how do they work? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello there, I just updated to Win 10 today from Win 8.1. I've got a DropBox account and app and I use it quite regularly but I'm thinking to try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by n0mad, Jul 28, 2015.

1. n0mad Win User

OneDrive / Dropbox - how do they work?

Hello there,

I just updated to Win 10 today from Win 8.1. I've got a DropBox account and app and I use it quite regularly but I'm thinking to try OneDrive since it should be 'more integrated' with the whole OS.

I've got a doubt tho, I can open my DropBox folder and open a file, DropBox downloads it and let me see the picture/read the document etc. etc.

However it looks like OneDrive doesn't work like that. I have to choose which folders Sync and then it keeps it synced with all my devices and OneDrive.

Did I get it wrong? If possible how can I 'replicate' in OneDrive the DropBox behaviour?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

:)

n0mad, Jul 28, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Frequent BSOD Kernel Secy Check Failures on Win 10

Hi, do you have an account with DropBox or OneDrive?

If not, google how to open an account and share files, it is free . . .

DaveM121, Jul 28, 2015
  3. SueMcG Win User
    changing from OneDrive to Dropbox

Have Windows 8 phone. My OneDrive is full. Have downloaded Dropbox to save my photos to cloud whilst travelling. How do I change storage system on my phone so that it stores into Dropbox automatically.

SueMcG, Jul 28, 2015
  4. swarfega Win User

I usually go to their website direct and use the ui there to upload files. Seems an easier way for me. Then OneDrive et al should sync the files from the website to the PC.

swarfega, Jul 28, 2015
  5. n0mad Win User
    Essentially OneDrive doesn't work like DropBox. I can't copy a file there and delete the one on my computer or viceversa. I've got a lot of uploaded Photos from my smartphone and I want to be able to look at them without syncing the whole folder, just double-click on a photo, download it and view it. This is not possible in OneDrive, is it?

n0mad, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. OneDrive / Dropbox - how do they work? - Similar Threads - OneDrive Dropbox

2. Clouds Onedrive and Dropbox crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clouds Onedrive and Dropbox crashing: Hi,I have a question. Why my clouds onedrive and dropbox stops responding?I had this problem in old computer with win 10., and now I have same issue with a new computer with win11. And is same location of both computer.I also tried to uninstall both programs, but still issue...
  3. Clouds Onedrive and Dropbox crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clouds Onedrive and Dropbox crashing: Hi,I have a question. Why my clouds onedrive and dropbox stops responding?I had this problem in old computer with win 10., and now I have same issue with a new computer with win11. And is same location of both computer.I also tried to uninstall both programs, but still issue...
  4. Accessing files in synced folders takes forever OneDrive, iCloud, Dropbox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing files in synced folders takes forever OneDrive, iCloud, Dropbox: Hi all,I´m using Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise - 10.0.19045 Build 19045 on a Latitude 5420 Laptop. I have installed 3 services for syncing files: OneDrive, iCloud an Dropbox.For some weeks now, accessing files in those synced folders via Explorer or Total Commander takes...
  5. Accessing files in synced folders takes forever OneDrive, iCloud, Dropbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing files in synced folders takes forever OneDrive, iCloud, Dropbox: Hi all,I´m using Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise - 10.0.19045 Build 19045 on a Latitude 5420 Laptop. I have installed 3 services for syncing files: OneDrive, iCloud an Dropbox.For some weeks now, accessing files in those synced folders via Explorer or Total Commander takes...
  6. Accessing files in synced folders takes forever OneDrive, iCloud, Dropbox

7. File Explorer freezes 30s when opening or right-click OneDrive or Dropbox folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer freezes 30s when opening or right-click OneDrive or Dropbox folders: Hi all,I´m using Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2 19045.2965.Since a couple of days I´m having trouble every time I try to open, CTRL-C or right-click any folder or file that is synced via OneDrive or Dropbox. I´ll get the hourglass and nothing happens for 30s. After that the...
  8. File Explorer freezes 30s when opening or right-click OneDrive or Dropbox folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer freezes 30s when opening or right-click OneDrive or Dropbox folders: Hi all,I´m using Windows 10 Enterprise 22H2 19045.2965.Since a couple of days I´m having trouble every time I try to open, CTRL-C or right-click any folder or file that is synced via OneDrive or Dropbox. I´ll get the hourglass and nothing happens for 30s. After that the...
  9. File Explorer freezes 30s when opening or right-click OneDrive or Dropbox folders

10. Why my synced files open super slow in my window 10. Dropbox and oneDrive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why my synced files open super slow in my window 10. Dropbox and oneDrive: Just recently things get slower, tried to reinstall the apps however it is still the same. kindly assist. I am using window 10. However, slow loading of file will not happen if i open the document from application. For example, opening a MS Word file using Microsoft Word >>...