Windows 10: OneDrive files

Discus and support OneDrive files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I uninstalled OneDrive and have 37 files and folders left, can I remove them without causing any problems? 111175 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rdwray, May 28, 2018.

1. rdwray Win User

OneDrive files

I uninstalled OneDrive and have 37 files and folders left, can I remove them without causing any problems?

:)

rdwray, May 28, 2018

2. Why were SMART Files Removed from OneDrive in Windows 10?

Technical Level : Basic

Summary

This article details why SMART files, also known as placeholder files, were removed from OneDrive in Windows 10.

Details

OneDrive has gone through many changes in Windows 10, most notably the removal of SMART files (placeholder files) from OneDrive. They still exist in Windows 8.1, however they were removed, hopefully temporarily, from OneDrive in Windows 10 because of the
    fragmented sync engines between OneDrive on Windows 7/Mac, OneDrive on Windows 8.1, and OneDrive for Business. The following article details what changes the OneDrive team made and why they made them:

Taking the Next Step in
    OneDrive

From a development point of view, it's a much better approach to consolidate their codebase, but from a user point of view, it's very frustrating.

Like many of us, if you want that feature back, please vote for it here on the OneDrive UserVoice page:

OneDrive UserVoice: "Sync online only" for Ondrive

Getting Started with OneDrive and Choosing Folders

To get started with OneDrive in Windows 10, please review these pages to familiarize yourself with the tools new processes:

Since you cannot choose which files are Available Online-only and Available Offline, you can choose the folders you want to sync. Review these two pages:

stanimal21, May 29, 2018
  3. Silverlight blocking Onedrive files for attachments

Are you using OneDrive app or OneDrive on the web? If you are using OneDrive app you can try to remove and readd your OneDrive account, while the Microsoft Silverlight is installed, follow the steps below on how to do it:

• Right click on the OneDrive icon on the taskbar and click on Settings.
    • On the Account tab, click on the Unlink this PC under OneDrive.
    • Click on Unlink account to confirm.
    Let us know how it goes.

Robelene Win, May 29, 2018
Thema:

OneDrive files

1. OneDrive files - Similar Threads - OneDrive files

2. Files being automatically deleted from OneDrive -> sent to Recycling Bin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files being automatically deleted from OneDrive -> sent to Recycling Bin: Hi! I have installed the TLA+ Toolbox https://github.com/tlaplus/tlaplus/releases/download/v1.7.1/TLAToolbox-1.7.1-win32.win32.x86_64.zip. It results however in the OneDrive automatically deleting related and unrelated files. It has occurred on three windows laptops when the...
  3. Files being automatically deleted from OneDrive -> sent to Recycling Bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files being automatically deleted from OneDrive -> sent to Recycling Bin: Hi! I have installed the TLA+ Toolbox https://github.com/tlaplus/tlaplus/releases/download/v1.7.1/TLAToolbox-1.7.1-win32.win32.x86_64.zip. It results however in the OneDrive automatically deleting related and unrelated files. It has occurred on three windows laptops when the...
  4. Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password: Hello,Currently trying to find a way to send a link only to specific emails with onedrive that will also allow me to password protect the link like I'm able to do when sending files via "share link with anyone" as opposed to "people you choose". Is there any way to do this?...
  5. Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password

Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password: Hello,Currently trying to find a way to send a link only to specific emails with onedrive that will also allow me to password protect the link like I'm able to do when sending files via "share link with anyone" as opposed to "people you choose". Is there any way to do this?...
  6. OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space: Hi there,I am trying to sync a file about 10MB to my OneDrive but it's not working.The OneDrive app shows "Couldn't upload file" with "You don't have enough space for this file." even though it says "15.3GB used of 125 GB".If i click Sync issues above, the following message...
  7. OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space

OneDrive app cannot sync new files even though there are plenty of free space: Hi there,I am trying to sync a file about 10MB to my OneDrive but it's not working.The OneDrive app shows "Couldn't upload file" with "You don't have enough space for this file." even though it says "15.3GB used of 125 GB".If i click Sync issues above, the following message...
  8. onedrive doesnt work and not syncing the files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive doesnt work and not syncing the files: onedrive doesnt work and not syncing the files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-doesnt-work-and-not-syncing-the-files/d582ce7a-3ca6-43fe-8407-e60223f8bb12
  9. onedrive doesnt work and not syncing the files

onedrive doesnt work and not syncing the files: onedrive doesnt work and not syncing the files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-doesnt-work-and-not-syncing-the-files/d582ce7a-3ca6-43fe-8407-e60223f8bb12
  10. Onedrive not syncing files. How do I reset this if your online help is outdated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive not syncing files. How do I reset this if your online help is outdated?: Hi, I'm trying to get onedrive to backup my files in my document folder but they are all stuck forever on syncing and it doesnt change. How can I solve this problem? I've tried to follow your online help but there is no unlink from this computer or unlink account options that...