Windows 10: OneDrive Folder accessible by all users of PC

Discus and support OneDrive Folder accessible by all users of PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two users on my pc. One has onedrive signed in and syncing and I noticed I am able to view that onedrive folder from the other user account. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mkr10001, May 23, 2018.

1. mkr10001 Win User

OneDrive Folder accessible by all users of PC

I have two users on my pc. One has onedrive signed in and syncing and I noticed I am able to view that onedrive folder from the other user account.

I can't see any other folders under that user account so why is onedrive publicly accessible to everyone on my pc?

:)

mkr10001, May 23, 2018

2. Error Access Denied while acessing the folders from User> AppData folders on Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with access files and folders.

Do let us know the complete error code/ error message of this issue?

As you have tried with providing the permissions to each folder and issue persists after the restart, try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to disable the third party anti-virus software if installed any and check.

Step 2: As, as a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account and check if this issue persists.

Steps to enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
       4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article with 3-diffrent issues related to accessing the files and folders and check if it helps.

"Access Denied" or other errors when you access or work with files and folders in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 29, 2018
  3. Setting up onedrive on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) My Documents folder will be there in both PC and in OneDrive folder.

2) As you said that you have made inaccessible, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if I helps.

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    Are you trying to open the music folder from OneDrive folder or from PC?

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, May 29, 2018
Thema:

OneDrive Folder accessible by all users of PC

1. OneDrive Folder accessible by all users of PC - Similar Threads - OneDrive Folder accessible

2. Regarding OneDrive folder in users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding OneDrive folder in users: I have Uninstalled the OneDrive app from my pc. Yet, their is a folder in user. I have tried deleting it and that caused all of my data loss in my Documents and Desktop. After I restarted my pc that folder was again created without my old data. I don't want that folder and...
  3. Regarding OneDrive folder in users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Regarding OneDrive folder in users: I have Uninstalled the OneDrive app from my pc. Yet, their is a folder in user. I have tried deleting it and that caused all of my data loss in my Documents and Desktop. After I restarted my pc that folder was again created without my old data. I don't want that folder and...
  4. Regarding OneDrive folder in users

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Regarding OneDrive folder in user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Regarding OneDrive folder in user: I have Uninstalled the OneDrive app from my pc yet their is a folder in user. I tried deleting it and that made me lost all of my data in my Docs and Desktop. After I restarted my pc that folder was again created without my old data. I don't want that folder and what ever it...
  6. OneDrive - "We couldn't access C:\Users\UserID\OneDrive...\Documents and Settings\All..."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive - "We couldn't access C:\Users\UserID\OneDrive...\Documents and Settings\All...": OneDrive has started to throw this error message the last few days:PC is Windows 11. I have no idea why the error. Reconfiguring OneDrive doesn't help. Closing simply exits OneDrive. I have never seen a OneDrive folder named "Documents and Settings" either on this PC or...
  7. how to permanently gain access to all user folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to permanently gain access to all user folders: i just upgraded my pc to run on an ssd and im working from a clean install of windows but i still want to copy all my documents and shit from the old drive onto this one and every time i want to access my old user folder i apparently dont have access but i oh so...
  8. Sharing a thing within the 'Users' folder, gives access to all of the 'Users' folder. Why?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sharing a thing within the 'Users' folder, gives access to all of the 'Users' folder. Why?: I've been testing out sharing on my computers within a local network, and it seems that when I go "Give access to">"Specific People">"Everyone" on a folder anywhere in 'Users', then the whole of the 'Users' becomes accessible on the network. Meanwhile if I do the same thing...
  9. OneDrive and user file folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive and user file folders: In Windows 10, I put my user file folders My Documents, My Music, etc. into my OneDrive folder. But this seemed to confuse the OneDrive app, as well as Windows. I guess I should have known better than do do this with system folders, rather than just those system folders’...
  10. Gaining access to "All User" folders as local administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gaining access to "All User" folders as local administrator: New to Windows 10 (new computer 3 days old!), but already needing help. I chose to create only a local account, and am the sole user, hence administrator. Nevertheless, I am prevented from accessing "Documents," "Start Menu," and several other folders under "All Users."...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. make onedrive accessible across all users