Windows 10: OneDrive folder permissions - Fix

Discus and support OneDrive folder permissions - Fix in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Found the problem. *Smile While you are still listed as the owner of each subfolder in the OneDrive folder, some subfolders no longer have inherited... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Brink, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

OneDrive folder permissions - Fix

Found the problem. *Smile

While you are still listed as the owner of each subfolder in the OneDrive folder, some subfolders no longer have inherited permissions enabled.

If you Enable inheritance and OK for each affected subfolder in the OneDrive folder, it will no longer have any access issues or UAC prompts afterwards.

OneDrive folder permissions - Fix [​IMG]

:)

Brink, Jul 15, 2015

2. Windows 10 - You Don't have permission save to this location

There is bug in OneDrive. It sets permissions in the Documents and Music folders to read only. Even if you set them back it will happen again. You need to find the OneDrive icon in your notification area, right click on it, select Settings and uncheck
    all three boxes (kill OneDrive). Then reset the permissions.

The Answer Desk tech who helped me said that he was escalating the problem with a recommendation for a fix that would be in Windows Update later.

If you are unfamiliar with digging around in the permissions (it is risky), after you disable OneDrive or at least uncheck the second and third boxes, use the Contact Support app on your Start Menu and have a tech repair your permissions.

Cbarnhorst, Jul 15, 2015
  3. How do I change folder and file Permissions?

I see around the net that others are having this problem too. For Windows 10, OneDrive 17.3.5907.0716 shortly after bootup, OneDrive is changing the permissions on folders that are linked to libraries (e.g. Documents, Pictures, Music). It seems to leave
    my other folders alone. Subfolders are left alone too if they have uninherited permissions.

Similar threads:

OneDrive resets the file permissions on single folders

Folder and file permissions changed in Windows 10

NicholasRubi, Jul 15, 2015
Thema:

OneDrive folder permissions - Fix

1. OneDrive folder permissions - Fix - Similar Threads - OneDrive folder permissions

2. Folder Permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder Permissions: Good Morning,I have a question regarding folder access for users and their permissions. Say I have a folder on a server called 'Example' - within that folder are 5 subfolders named 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. If I wanted to grant access to only specific folders so user A can only...
  3. OneDrive access permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive access permissions: OneDrive Personal returns a notification that 5 files have not been uploaded because they do not have"access permission" and requests for me to correct the situation.Unfortunately I have no idea how to do this and I hope to learn from you the "how to..."Please and thank you...
  4. OneDrive access permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive access permissions: OneDrive Personal returns a notification that 5 files have not been uploaded because they do not have"access permission" and requests for me to correct the situation.Unfortunately I have no idea how to do this and I hope to learn from you the "how to..."Please and thank you...
  5. Lost permission to my own OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost permission to my own OneDrive folder: Hello, I have a OneDrive folder with family photos and videos in it. While trying to access one of the subfolders in that folder, it says for most of the objects in that folder that I don't have read permissions so I cannot view the photo/video. When I right click on the...
  6. Lost permissions for my own OneDrive folder

Lost permissions for my own OneDrive folder: Hello, I have a OneDrive folder with photos and videos in it. While trying to access one of the subfolders in that folder, it says for most of the objects in that folder that I don't have read permissions so I cannot view the photo/video. When I right click on the folder...
  7. Folder permissions

Folder permissions: Trying to troubleshoot why a security group can't get access to it. Folder is hidden. I can get to it on my admin account. Two user trying to get to it on their user accounts. User accounts are in one SG. I have added SG to folder with read, list and read &...
  8. Permissions on folder

Permissions on folder: Exploring a system image-I can access all folders others than Users and its sub folders. If I try to change permission using security tab get an error message- Unable to set new owner. The media is write protected. How can I get access to these folders please....
  9. Fixed folder icons for OneDrive and Podcasts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fixed folder icons for OneDrive and Podcasts: What my user folders looked like at first: [img] Notice how the OneDrive and Podcasts folders stick out due to the Windows 7/8-style folders icons. So I found an alternative OneDrive icon in the image shell32.dll in C:\Windows, extracted it and used that one...
  10. Change Permissions of OneDrive Shared Files and Folders

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Permissions of OneDrive Shared Files and Folders: How to: Change Permissions of OneDrive Shared Files and Folders How to Change Permission Level of Shared OneDrive Files and Folders You can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your Windows 10 PC, Windows 10 tablet, or Windows 10...