Windows 10: Onedrive for Business synch problems

Discus and support Onedrive for Business synch problems in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear all, I am attempting to set up Onedrive for Business for a non profit organisation. The desired functionality is to have an 'admin' account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by shc, Jan 5, 2017.

1. SHC
    shc Win User

Onedrive for Business synch problems

Dear all,

I am attempting to set up Onedrive for Business for a non profit organisation.

The desired functionality is to have an 'admin' account and 6+ user accounts.

Is there any way to create a folder structure as admin (which has to be via the web-based interface) then share the folders across the user accounts?

On attempting to do this, the shared fold is never downloaded/synchronised to the computers with the Onedrive user accounts configured on.

Having searched the internet for answers I have found suggestions to use the 'classic' one drive web interface in order to specify that the folder be synchronised. On doing this I have no option to do so, merely to view the folder which then gives me a 'cannot be found' error message.

Look forward to any clarification of whether this is or isn't possible with Onedrive for business.

Thanks.

:)

2. To confirm: one can only synch W10 settings with a personal online MS account?

1. So if I normally log in without using an online MS account, but I do log in for Business OneDrive and Office 365, I won't be able to synch settings?

2. Is the "single sign on" a way to both use Office 365, synch settings to MS cloud, and access my local network domain?

Len R

Oakland, CA

leonardraphael, Jan 5, 2017
  3. E for Excel, Jan 5, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

First of all, all those users (admin + all standard users) of course need an individual Office 365 / Azure AD account. Assuming they are not using computers for private stuff and therefore personal standard OneDrive is not set up on computers, this is a simplified explanation about the process.

By default each O365 Business / Enterprise user has a folder called Shared with Everyone on their OneDrive for Business. Also by default this folder is already shared with everyone in the organisation:

Onedrive for Business synch problems [​IMG]

Everything the admin user (or any other user) wants to share with everyone else within the organisation should be placed here. All users can access the shared content from left pane of the web UI and move content to any of their personal folders:

Each individual user needs then install Office software (Sign in to your account). This will also install the OneDrive client:

OneDrive icon is shown in notification area of the Taskbar, it can be grey (OneDrive not set up), white (personal OneDrive) or in this case blue (OneDrive for Business):

Now each user simply right clicks the OneDrive icon and selects Settings, then Choose folders to select which folders they want to sync to local computer:

The admin user of course selects the Shared with Everyone folder to be synced; everything he / she then saves in this folder will automatically be shared with everyone else, everything removed from this folder will no longer be shared:

In fact it's not complicated. OneDrive for Business works surprisingly well, making sharing within organisation easy.

Kari, Jan 5, 2017
Thema:

1. Onedrive for Business synch problems - Similar Threads - Onedrive Business synch

2. OneDrive for Business Upload Bandwidth Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive for Business Upload Bandwidth Problem: I'm uploading a few files to OneDrive for Business from Windows Explorer. What I see is I have average 500kb/s upload speed no upload bandwidth limit, in the task manager OneDrive is using on average 4-5Mbp/s....
  3. OneDrive for Business Upload Bandwidth Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive for Business Upload Bandwidth Problem: I'm uploading a few files to OneDrive for Business from Windows Explorer. What I see is I have average 500kb/s upload speed no upload bandwidth limit, in the task manager OneDrive is using on average 4-5Mbp/s....
  4. OneDrive for Business Upload Bandwidth Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive synch keeps re-synching large file.

OneDrive synch keeps re-synching large file.: I have copied a large video file 35GB that has been successfully synced with OneDrive in the cloud OnLine. I see the all files are uptodate message. When I then add other photos that start synching, this file starts synching againg. This has happened more than ten times. The...
  6. OneDrive synch keeps re-synching large file.

OneDrive synch keeps re-synching large file.: I have copied a large video file 35GB that has been successfully synced with OneDrive in the cloud OnLine. I see the all files are uptodate message. When I then add other photos that start synching, this file starts synching againg. This has happened more than ten times. The...
  7. OneDrive synch keeps re-synching large file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Onedrive for business problems?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Onedrive for business problems?: My onedrive for business does not work anymore. It's driving me nuts. I restart it and after a while it will stop running without any message. I need catch up with work over the weekend. Anyone else with this problem? Onedrive for personal works fine. submitted by...
  9. OneDrive synch is failing

OneDrive synch is failing: Hi everyone, Have recently tried backing up my Documents folder to the cloud, but OneDrive is saying it's empty, and the synch process is failing. The Documents folder in the OneDrive app is empty, despite the Documents folder in my PC being populated with files. In...
  10. OneDrive Business

OneDrive Business: Files on my PC wont open or attach any more https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-business/34e0ec66-8452-4950-99e2-97505e53c4e8