Windows 10: OneDrive for Business won't sync on W10

Discus and support OneDrive for Business won't sync on W10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am have two problems with 1DfB. 1. It won't let me choose a sync location on my other hard drive. Could it be becase that Hardrive is formatted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sheamus, Feb 13, 2015.

1. sheamus Win User

OneDrive for Business won't sync on W10

I am have two problems with 1DfB.

1. It won't let me choose a sync location on my other hard drive. Could it be becase that Hardrive is formatted to exFAT? The error I get says: Sorry, we can't save your documents to the chosen location. Try picking a differnt place on your computer. I hit ok, and it reverts back to C:\users\myusername

2. If I click sync from OneDrive for Business on the web, and just accept the default location (c:\users\myname, NTFS) it appearst to work. But the folder shows up with an 'X' on it in windows explorer. If I view sync problems, the error says We're having problems syncing this folder. Try the sync now button. But the sync now option is disabled so I can't.

OneDrive for personal is working fine. It is only my work account. I have this exact same setting working fine in windows 8.1.

Any ideas?

:)

sheamus, Feb 13, 2015
  2. Chanh S. Win User

OneDrive for Business and Personal OneDrive Sync

Hello NeilMacCuish,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Support. I understand you have some questions about the accounts on your phone, specifically Onedrive and Office 365. In order to get a better idea of what's going on, I'd like to go over a few things:

• Have you been using a Microsoft Account on the phone for some time for personal use, which you now want to change to just business-only, specifically for Office 365? From your description, it sounds like you want to change the primary alias used on your
      Windows Phone.
    • If changing the Microsoft Account on your phone is what you had intended, please note that if you do follow through with this, your purchase history for apps and games for Windows Phone will be lost, as the licenses are tied directly to the Microsoft Account
      itself.
    • Do your Office 365 documents not show up when you add your business-only account to the phone?
    • When opening up the Office App on the phone, it will always default to showing the Office-compatible documents from the primary Microsoft Account of the phone. The only way to change the primary account on the phone would be a factory reset. You'll want
      to back up any content before doing this.
    Feel free to get back to us when you can and we'll go from there.

Regards,

Chanh S., Feb 13, 2015
  3. OneDrive for Business and Personal OneDrive Sync

PS I've also managed to foul my personal account in some form such that I've had to create a second display name in the community so I could post, hence the VG tag

NeilMacCuishVG, Feb 13, 2015
Thema:

OneDrive for Business won't sync on W10

1. OneDrive for Business won't sync on W10 - Similar Threads - OneDrive Business won't

2. OneDrive won't sync or reinstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive won't sync or reinstall: I tried to reinstall OneDrive after sync issues.First I ran uninstall from apps & programs. That didn't work.Then I ran uninstall from appwiz.cpl. It will not uninstall OneDrive. It is always here:I have followed all other forum answers that I can find related to removing...
  3. Particular folder in onedrive won't sync

Particular folder in onedrive won't sync: I have selected make all folders available under choose folders. However, I have this one particular folder that just won't sync I've tried turning sync on and off, pausing and restarting, restarting onedrive, unselecting make all folders available and then reselecting...
  4. Business Onedrive and Livescribe Sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Business Onedrive and Livescribe Sync: Hi, I have just gotten a livescribe for work. I am trying to connect it to my onedrive which is a work version. It is saying the email doesn't exist with Microsoft. I am assuming this is due to it being a work version, however, I imagine many people would be using it for...
  5. Business Onedrive and Livescribe Sync

in Windows 10 Support
    Business Onedrive and Livescribe Sync: Hi, I have just gotten a livescribe for work. I am trying to connect it to my onedrive which is a work version. It is saying the email doesn't exist with Microsoft. I am assuming this is due to it being a work version, however, I imagine many people would be using it for...
  6. Onedrive for business sync is super slow

Onedrive for business sync is super slow: Hi Microsoft! I cant start of saying that I work for a big company that using Onedrive for business. I have been in contact with our IT department a lot regarding this issue but no one seems to know why its like this. My issue is that when I try to upload a document to...
  7. OneDrive Business

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Business: Files on my PC wont open or attach any more https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-business/34e0ec66-8452-4950-99e2-97505e53c4e8
  8. Is it possible to sync two drives to OneDrive for Business

Is it possible to sync two drives to OneDrive for Business: I've got a user who has two hard drives on his computer, is there a way to sync both to OneDrive for Business? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-possible-to-sync-two-drives-to-onedrive-for/82040636-5f53-4931-a244-afd15889bf3f"
  9. How to start OneDrive personal sync on a Win10 that is using OneDrive for Business?

How to start OneDrive personal sync on a Win10 that is using OneDrive for Business?: On my previous computer I had OneDrive personal and OneDrive for Business co-existing. I just got a new Windows 10 PC and it has my OneDrive for Business set up on it. I'm unable to start (install?) OneDrive sync personal on it. In the search bar if I type in OneDrive the...
  10. OneDrive Won't Sync

OneDrive Won't Sync: Hi, I have 1TB of online storage thanks to Office 365 subscription. I use it on my desktop, laptop, and rarely on my phone (LG G7+), both with OneDrive app and Solid Explorer. I just noticed that my laptop won't sync with my desktop and phone. If I paste files in OneDrive...