Windows 10: Onedrive has ceased to sync

Discus and support Onedrive has ceased to sync in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Re-installing seemed to do the trick - many thanks! @DrAS Great! Glad that worked out for you! *Smile Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Onedrive has ceased to sync

@DrAS Great! Glad that worked out for you! *Smile

f14tomcat, Apr 5, 2018
  2. DrAS Win User

Good afternoon

Without warning, Onedrive has ceased to sync. The little ticks have disappeared and the icon is missing from the system tray. If I launch the programme manually nothing happens. I shall of course continue to ferret around but suggestions gratefully received.

:)

3. Debra0863 Win User
    OneDrive has ceased to operate on Nokia Lumia phone after downloading 8.1 upgrade

After delaying for weeks I finally downloaded the update and now I can't access onedrive from my phone. The onedrive folder has disappeared from my photo albums and although the app is showing in settings it does nothing. Even tried to uninstall so I could
    re-install but that wasn't possible.

What to do??? So sorry now I updated, preferred the old version anyway. Maybe I should have just brought it to the big apple. Has anyone else had this problem? How did you fix it?

Debra0863, Apr 22, 2018
  4. Debra0863 Win User

OneDrive has ceased to operate on Nokia Lumia phone after downloading 8.1 upgrade

Hard reset seems to be the only option.

Used OneDrive for photos but from what I've been reading it's possibly a good thing that I no longer have access from my phone, either that or people don't know how to work their passwords.

Loathe to do a hard reset as no idea what is backed up or not, so will probably be opening a flickr account. Not as functional but I'll manage Onedrive has ceased to sync :)

Debra0863, Apr 22, 2018
  5. cereberus Win User
    Check in settings if you are linked to an account. Also do you have Files on Demand active?

cereberus, Apr 22, 2018
  6. DrAS Win User
    Thanks! (a) Yes (b) afaics this is accessed via the onedrive cloud icon, which is missing. I did not change anything to provoke this misbehaviour.

7. f14tomcat Win User
    If nothing else pops up and no fixes are found, you may want to re-install OneDrive and let it fix/repair whatever may be missing or broken.

Link: *Arrow Download Microsoft OneDrive

Click on the "Need to reinstall" link:

Onedrive has ceased to sync [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Apr 22, 2018
  8. DrAS Win User

Re-installing seemed to do the trick - many thanks!

Thema:

1. Onedrive has ceased to sync - Similar Threads - Onedrive has ceased

2. OneDrive has stopped syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive has stopped syncing: OneDrive says it is not signed in.Attempting to sign in, I enter the personal hotmail email address.A series of windows pop up and disappear, but no opportunity to enter a password.Finally I get"Something went wrong"Correlation Id:...
  3. OneDrive has stopped syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive has stopped syncing: OneDrive says it is not signed in.Attempting to sign in, I enter the personal hotmail email address.A series of windows pop up and disappear, but no opportunity to enter a password.Finally I get"Something went wrong"Correlation Id:...
  4. Windows Search has Ceased Functioning

in Cortana
    Windows Search has Ceased Functioning: Hi Everyone. I've searched Answers.microsoft.com for this, and I can't find anything that helps.My windows is no longer allowing me to use the search features. The search box at the top of Explorer windows will not allow me to type text into it it behaves as though the text...
  5. Windows Search has Ceased Functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search has Ceased Functioning: Hi Everyone. I've searched Answers.microsoft.com for this, and I can't find anything that helps.My windows is no longer allowing me to use the search features. The search box at the top of Explorer windows will not allow me to type text into it it behaves as though the text...
  6. camera has ceased to work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    camera has ceased to work: having a real problem with the camera on my dell laptop, has just stopped working and cannot gat any help regarding this, have checked all sorts, running Norton, but that seems ok, cannot find cameras in setting, just seems to have disappeared, need help please as I can no...
  7. the laptop has all but ceased

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    the laptop has all but ceased: what do I do when I get [ShellClassInfo] LocaliseResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21787 this all came from a Microsoft download what next https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-laptop-has-all-but-ceased/6543fa7e-915d-4c12-9275-27f1c064986c
  8. OneDrive has completely stopped syncing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive has completely stopped syncing.: Ok. OneDrive has been nothing but trouble. This doesn't surprise me. It's a Microsoft product. However, in the past, when I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, it's begun syncing again. Not this time. Nothing. Uninstalled. Reinstalled. Three bloody times. Nothing is...
  9. sound icon has ceased to work

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound icon has ceased to work: After recent windows10 update, sound icon on task bar now ceased to work. Any answers please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/sound-icon-has-ceased-to-work/81ccb92e-b518-4477-9095-ad07cf301b63
  10. Onedrive has ceased allowing me to open any files stored in it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive has ceased allowing me to open any files stored in it: Hi, onedrive has started acting funny ever since i rolled back windows from inside preview to latest stable. current windows version is 15063.413. If i open a text doc or word doc it gives me "file cannot be accessed by system" and if i open a pic it says "file may...