Windows 10: OneDrive has corrupted my folder locations

Discus and support OneDrive has corrupted my folder locations in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have un-linked OneDrive from my computer. If I go to explorer and click 'This PC' in the left pane, it shows 6 folders on the right: Desktop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mrmike, Oct 5, 2016.

1. mrmike Win User

OneDrive has corrupted my folder locations

I have un-linked OneDrive from my computer. If I go to explorer and click 'This PC' in the left pane, it shows 6 folders on the right: Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, and Videos. If I right click on Downloads and hit properties, the Location tab shows me: C:\Users\micha\Downloads. When I do this with Documents, the location tab isn't even there! However the General tab does say that the location is: C:\Users\micha\OneDrive. If I try to open this folder, I get an error saying location not available. I can still access my real documents folder using the Libraries option in the left pane, which links to my real documents folder which is at C:\Users\micha\Documents.

Any advice?

:)

mrmike, Oct 5, 2016

2. One Drive Synchronization to Pictures

I am new to One Drive and just moved my pictures folder (43,000 files and 85 folders) from my computer hard drive to the OneDrive cloud location in order to backup my pictures onto the cloud. After the upload I now have a "My Pictures" folder at both locations.
    My computer hard drive still has all the folder and files but the OneDrive has folders and files as well however none of the folders contain any files. It appears that only picture files not contained within sub folders have synchronized. How do it get the
    rest of my files within these subfolders onto the OneDrive.

RogerB2016, Oct 5, 2016
  3. 3car Win User
    OneDrive keeps crashing in Windows 10

I have the exact same symptom, although I didn't pause anything during the upgrade.

I wonder if the problem is because my OneDrive folder is in a non-standard location, under C:\users\username\cloud\OneDrive. I store all my cloud-synced folders in one location. After the Windows 10 upgrade, there's an empty OneDrive folder in the standard
    location, with the OneDrive icon. My OneDrive folder in my non-standard location doesn't have the OneDrive icon, it looks like a normal folder. OneDrive seems a bit confused as to which one is the "official" location.

It comes and goes, but there's a OneDrive icon in the system tray with a red X. The tooltip when I hover over it says "Finish setting up OneDrive". When I click it opens the dialog to either choose which files to sync, or to open your OneDrive folder.
    When I click to open the OneDrive folder, it opens my OneDrive folder in the NON-STANDARD location (the one that looks like a normal folder).

3car, Oct 5, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

That will happen. That is why people do not use that service.

bro67, Oct 5, 2016
  5. spunk Win User
    In the properties, see if you can edit the path to be C:/Users/micha/Documents.
    Or browse to that location, right click/Properties/Location and browse to this location

spunk, Oct 5, 2016
  6. Kbird Win User
    Hi Micha , AFAIK OneDrive adds itself to each of your Standard Libraries , (and being M$ , it likes to be the Default Save Option too, for each library , which i have to change ) so when you look at your Library you also see what is on OneDrive.

I have not seen this myself but I think it should be fairly easy by going to your default library location in file Explorer , going to Properties>Location and clicking on Restore Default. I keep my Libraries on E:\ or F:\ including the Desktop, here is my Picture Library on F:\ with the Restore Button.

OneDrive has corrupted my folder locations [​IMG]

KB

PS please disregard Bro67's helpful answer *Smile

Kbird, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. OneDrive has corrupted my folder locations - Similar Threads - OneDrive has corrupted

2. OneDrive has corrupted all the files on my PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive has corrupted all the files on my PC.: I have 3x 4x I've been trying for days after removing 1 drive, its impossible to get rid off, its like a parasite. I tried letting it back into my poor pc, restoring to the earliest sync I possibly could, nope. Tripple, files all sorts of messed up and corrupted. When I...
  3. OneDrive has corrupted all the files on my PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive has corrupted all the files on my PC.: I have 3x 4x I've been trying for days after removing 1 drive, its impossible to get rid off, its like a parasite. I tried letting it back into my poor pc, restoring to the earliest sync I possibly could, nope. Tripple, files all sorts of messed up and corrupted. When I...
  4. Why are my desktop files located in a onedrive folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my desktop files located in a onedrive folder?: When I right click on my files on the desktop, and look at the properties, the location isn't C:\Users\username\Desktop but C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Desktop.In the left pane inside Windows Explorer, clicking on This PC and then the Desktop link right below it, gives the...
  5. Why are my desktop files located in a onedrive folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are my desktop files located in a onedrive folder?: When I right click on my files on the desktop, and look at the properties, the location isn't C:\Users\username\Desktop but C:\Users\username\OneDrive\Desktop.In the left pane inside Windows Explorer, clicking on This PC and then the Desktop link right below it, gives the...
  6. Onedrive Folder Corrupted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Onedrive Folder Corrupted: [ATTACH] I Cannot Delete Onedrive. Because This. Please Help Me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-folder-corrupted/400df75f-5437-4aae-9f86-63b2d6770b37
  7. Onedrive folder layouts corrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive folder layouts corrupted: Some files that had been imported from a camera SD card using the Photo app were missing from OneDrive. I eventually found them, in the root of the Pictures folder because there is no 2021 or 2021\01 folder I go to OneDrive and copy them into OneDrive\Pictures\Camera...
  8. OneDrive - Restore Folders to original locations

OneDrive - Restore Folders to original locations: Win 10 Home How do I remove the default folders from OneDrive and restore to there original location - desktop, documents, pictures, etc? In other words - I do not want C:\users\...\OneDrive\Desktop just C:users\...\Desktop. Thanks, Darryl...
  9. My pictures folder is now showing location in onedrive

My pictures folder is now showing location in onedrive: How do I please get my pictures folder out of one drive and back to it's normal location on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pictures-folder-is-now-showing-location-in/dd454cb6-4419-4759-a864-1bcdcacf18df
  10. Onedrive folder locations

Onedrive folder locations: I have three separate folders for my OneDrive files in my File Explorer tree. The first folder is directly below the "Desktop" folder at the very top of the tree. The 2nd OneDrive folder is in my personal folder that has my name on it with the icon of a man for the folder....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive has corrupted my windows explorer