Windows 10: OneDrive headaches--icon missing from taskbar and more

Discus and support OneDrive headaches--icon missing from taskbar and more in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hi. i have had this problem in the past and was advised by microsoft to 'reinstall my OS'--which is what they say any time they don't know offhand what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by circe801, Apr 15, 2016.

1. circe801 Win User

OneDrive headaches--icon missing from taskbar and more

hi. i have had this problem in the past and was advised by microsoft to 'reinstall my OS'--which is what they say any time they don't know offhand what to do. so--from time to time i'll check to make sure the icon is still in notification area. i have had no problems, so i haven't checked. well, yesterday, i wanted a photo out of my onedrive files, but when i went to file explorer, it wasn't there. odd. nor was the icon in NA. odd, because usually, when my icon is gone, the files are still there, just without the green checks. i have found the files, but i have to go into C:\users... to find it--not where they usually are. when i go to the onedrive site, i am told my files there cannot sync with my computer, either it's off or not connected to the internet--which it is--both.
    first time this happened, i DID reinstall OS (there were other problems) however, last time it happened, i can't recall how i fixed it. i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling onedrive. doesn't work. when i reinstall--from a download i keep, as there is no .exe in my appdata file for some reason--it goes through the 'preparing for first use', i hear the HD speed up a bit--and then nothing happens.
    well, now, all of a sudden, there IS an .exe in the appdata file, but when i click on it, NOTHING HAPPENS EITHER.
    i cannot figure what is going on or how to remedy it. any ideas, anyone?? note, last time i posted about this no one replied... if you have any questions, feel free to ask, as i might have forgotten something. thanks in advance!!

:)

circe801, Apr 15, 2016
  2. SarahKong Win User
    SarahKong, Apr 15, 2016
  3. OneDrive Icon missing from Taskbar - Windows 10

Applies to: OneDrive on Windows 10

Introduction:

There has been a number of people in this forum who have reported that their OneDrive icon has gone walkabouts. This seems to have only happened on Windows 10, and not any other versions of Windows. So this article is intended for Windows 10, and will guide
    you through how to get your OneDrive icon to show on your Taskbar again.

Details

This article will contain various methods. Starting at the most basic troubleshooting method and progressing further.

Method 1 - Making sure your Icon is not showing in Hidden Icons

Sometimes, if you are like me, you may have a lot of icons on your Taskbar. So Windows will hide some of these Icons. Please make sure your OneDrive icon has not been hidden away by clicking onto the little arrow pointing up, then viewing your hidden icons.

Unsure where this is, please look at my image underneath:

OneDrive headaches--icon missing from taskbar and more [​IMG]

If you can't see your icon there, please move onto the next method.

Method 2 - Making sure you have enabled the OneDrive Icon to be displayed on the Taskbar

You can select which icons can show on the Taskbar, and which can't. This is all managed in Settings. To get there, and check which icons are set to show, please follow these steps:

Right click onto the Taskbar - a menu will appear

Please select Taskbar settings

You will be directed to a page within settings where you can customize your Taskbar in Windows. It should look like this

You will need to make sure you click the option "Select Which Icons appear on the Taskbar. This option is shown in the image underneath

This will then lead you to a page where your able to select which icons should show on your Taskbar and which icons are set to not show. You will need to find OneDrive and make sure it can be set to "on" as seen in the image underneath

If this can't be changed then, or if the icon still does not show on your Taskbar, then please proceed to the next method.

Method 3 - Resetting/Restarting OneDrive

This method has worked for some folk I have come across in this community and outside of this community. What this method will do is restart OneDrive again. Don't worry, your files should be safe. However, if your worried, please back them up externally.

You will need to press the Windows logo key and R together (
    &
    R)

This will bring a Run Dialog box like this

In this box, please type the following - or copy and paste:

%localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\Update\OneDriveSetup.exe

After this, please follow the onscreen instructions to set OneDrive up again. The pop up window should take anything up to about 3 minutes. So don't worry if you don't see anything straight away.

After this, the icon should appear on your Taskbar again. If it doesn't, please post in this community to get help and support.

I hope this article does help fix the problem with the Icon not showing on your Taskbar. If you found another fix for this issue, please share it into the comments below.

Follow me on Twitter
    @SunkNath
    for the latest: Articles I write, Community events, YouTube Videos (Gaming and how to) & Live Stream Info (Gaming)

Nathan Roberts (SunkNath), Apr 15, 2016
Thema:

OneDrive headaches--icon missing from taskbar and more

1. OneDrive headaches--icon missing from taskbar and more - Similar Threads - OneDrive headaches icon

2. Icons are missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons are missing from taskbar: Icons are missing from taskbar and it happens randomly. I've tried all methods from internet, which have helped me only for several minutes and the problem exists again. I have an official version of Windows 11, so I'm waiting that it should work...
  3. Icons are missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons are missing from taskbar: Icons are missing from taskbar and it happens randomly. I've tried all methods from internet, which have helped me only for several minutes and the problem exists again. I have an official version of Windows 11, so I'm waiting that it should work...
  4. Fix OneDrive icon missing from Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix OneDrive icon missing from Taskbar in Windows 10: OneDrive is the go-to cloud service for many Windows users. Microsoft has made using this service effortless by adding a small icon in the Taskbar. But recently some many Windows users have reported this issue where the OneDrive icon went missing from their Windows 10...
  5. Program icons missing from Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program icons missing from Taskbar: Hi there, I have a relatively new computer and one of the first things I did after installing Office was to drag three commonly used programs (Outlook, Word, Excel) to the Taskbar for convenience. It worked great for a couple of weeks, but now the strangest thing has...
  6. Missing the Wifi icon from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing the Wifi icon from the taskbar: Hi. I'm using a Surface Pro with Windows 10 and recently experiencing this issue. I checked dozens of online posts and solutions but none of them worked. Here is how it started: my laptop had been working perfectly until like 2 weeks ago. It suddenly lost the wifi icon from...
  7. Onedrive missing from taskbar/ onedrive uninstalling itself

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive missing from taskbar/ onedrive uninstalling itself: Hi, I recently had some problems with my onedrive for business not syncing properly, i fixed it by reinstaling office. And then downloading onedrive from the onedrive website. However now whenever i turn on my computer onedrive has disappeared from the task bar, and none of...
  8. More Logitech C070 Headaches...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    More Logitech C070 Headaches...: My Logitech 271 Webcam stopped working after I fixed aftert the Anniversary Update. The problem is back again...sound is great but video isn't functioning. I bought another C270 thinking the hardware would be better but it didn't help. Considering Logitech is the...
  9. icons are missing from the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    icons are missing from the taskbar: Is Start Menu Troubleshooter still available? I've got the problem where icons are missing from the taskbar but otherwise the system seems fine. I've run /sfc scannow but it's unable to fix the corrupted files. I've run DISM and repaired the component score but it's still...
  10. Desktop is black with no icons, Taskbar icons missing +more...

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop is black with no icons, Taskbar icons missing +more...: Hi, My computer's desktop is blank (black) with no desktop icons. [img] My task bar icons are missing. My windows button doesn't open. I can not access settings (even using CTRL R -> ms-settings: OR right-clicking task-bar. It "times out"). There is "no...