Windows 10: OneDrive Icon Changed

Discus and support OneDrive Icon Changed in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello friends! I have this problem: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...0-60baf7890b47 "Hi,I have a minor bug in OneDrive. In Windows 10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vbcrayon, Sep 29, 2015.

1. vbcrayon Win User

OneDrive Icon Changed

Hello friends!

I have this problem:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/o...0-60baf7890b47
    "Hi,I have a minor bug in OneDrive. In Windows 10, during the process of signing in to my OneDrive for the first time, I changed the default folder. The application works fine, and all files are synced. The special OneDrive entry in the root-level of File Explorer (between Quick Access and This PC) shows the familiar clouds icon; however, the icon on the actual physical folder in File Explorer shows a plain folder icon.
    Oddly, if I exit the OneDrive app, the folder suddenly gets a cloud icon. I thought I had fixed the problem, but when I rebooted, restarting the OneDrive application, the folder went back to being a plain folder icon.
    It's no big deal (maybe I just have OCD), but I'd like to fix this if possible. Having a different icon is a useful reminder that the folder is not a normal one.
    Anyone know how I can fix this?"

Ideas?

:)

vbcrayon, Sep 29, 2015

2. OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

I finally managed to get the normal OneDrive icon back. How I did it? I'm not sure what helped as I was tweaking around.

I did a batch file with following code in it:

@echo off

cls

set x86="%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\OneDriveSetup.exe"

set x64="%SYSTEMROOT%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe"

echo Closing OneDrive process.

echo.

taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe > NUL 2>&1

ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 > NUL 2>&1

echo Uninstalling OneDrive.

echo.

if exist %x64% (

%x64% /uninstall

) else (

%x86% /uninstall

)

ping 127.0.0.1 -n 5 > NUL 2>&1

echo Removing OneDrive leftovers.

echo.

rd "%USERPROFILE%\OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1

rd "C:\OneDriveTemp" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1

rd "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1

rd "%PROGRAMDATA%\Microsoft OneDrive" /Q /S > NUL 2>&1

echo Removing OneDrive from the Explorer Side Panel.

echo.

REG DELETE "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /f > NUL 2>&1

REG DELETE "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}" /f > NUL 2>&1

pause

and run it. That uninstalled my OneDrive.

After that I navigated to "C:\Windows\WinSxS\wow64_microsoft-windows-onedrive-setup_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10240.16384_none_37955d2cf51e580f"

and run OneDriveSetup.exe (maybe this is default location for OneDrive setup on Windows 10).

After that I noticed that in my case the icon changes from normal to plain when I add my account to OneDrive. That gave me thinking there is a possibility that the problem is also in online OneDrive folder.

I uninstalled OneDrive once again (with batch above), went to my online OneDrive and unlink all computers that were linked.

After unlinking all the computers I installed OneDrive again (with OneDriveSetup.exe) this time I have selected to synchronise
    only Documents folder. I have also unchecked "Let me use OneDrive to fetch any of my files on this PC".

Now my folder is a normal one.

I think that Navneet's procedure to reset OneDrive following this steps will also do the trick, as long as you unlink all computers from OneDrive online.

You can reset OneDrive by doing the following:

1. Press the 'Windows key + R' to open the 'Run' Window.

2. In the Run Window enter the following:
    %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset

3. Click OK. The One Drive system tray icon on the desktop should disappear and re-appear after a minute or two.

4. If the One Drive system tray icon does not re-appear after a few minutes, do the following.

In the Run Window Enter:

%localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe

Later I went to OneDrive setting and set to synchronise everything in my OneDrive folder also to Use OneDrive to fetch any file from my PC and the icon is after a computer restart still normal.

dr.pastirTV, Sep 29, 2015
  3. OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

We are sorry that you're still facing the issue. I would recommend you to
    Perform a System Restore and see if that helps.

System Restore helps you restore your computer's system files to an earlier point in time. It's a way to undo system changes to your computer without affecting your personal files, such as e‑mail, documents, or photos.

Refer to the section "Restore from a system restore point" in the following link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Disclaimer :Though it is said that System Restore does not affect your personal information such as email, documents, photos, videos, etc., but there is highly possible that some of your personal
    files are deleted while system restoring.

Let us know the results and get back to us for further assistance and we’ll be happy to help.

Navneet Anand, Sep 29, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

OneDrive Icon Changed

There are two icons. One that looks like a Cloud that is showing when you collapse all of the folders. The other is under your user profile, which looks like a Folder.

bro67, Sep 30, 2015
  5. vbcrayon Win User
    Here:
    OneDrive folder icon keeps resetting. : Windows10

vbcrayon, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

OneDrive Icon Changed

1. OneDrive Icon Changed - Similar Threads - OneDrive Icon Changed

2. Desktop icons OneDrive status constantly changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons OneDrive status constantly changing: My desktop icons have little mini icons on the bottom left corner of the main icon - cloud, check marks, file box, arrow. I have already unlinked my OneDrive from my PC but these mini icons continually cycle through and it's INCREDIBLY distracting while I'm trying to work. I...
  3. Desktop icons OneDrive status constantly changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons OneDrive status constantly changing: My desktop icons have little mini icons on the bottom left corner of the main icon - cloud, check marks, file box, arrow. I have already unlinked my OneDrive from my PC but these mini icons continually cycle through and it's INCREDIBLY distracting while I'm trying to work. I...
  4. OneDrive is changing my desktop icons alignment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive is changing my desktop icons alignment: Hello,I'm helping a user that OneDrive is changing the order of their desktop icons. I tried disabling the "Auto arrange icons" and "Align icons to grid" options. Tried deleting the IconCache too. Tried disabling "allow themes to make changes to icons}. but no luck. Any...
  5. OneDrive is changing my desktop icons alignment

OneDrive is changing my desktop icons alignment: Hello,I'm helping a user that OneDrive is changing the order of their desktop icons. I tried disabling the "Auto arrange icons" and "Align icons to grid" options. Tried deleting the IconCache too. Tried disabling "allow themes to make changes to icons}. but no luck. Any...
  6. OneDrive icons

OneDrive icons: I have just moved 192GB of photos from a separate partition to my OneDrive and OneDrive is up to date I can see the files via onedrive.live.com ok and the files show the glimmer marks icon I can see the files via OneDrive on my PC and the files show the green tick icon...
  7. Imagination or... has the OneDrive icon changed?

Imagination or... has the OneDrive icon changed?: I'm suddenly seeing a OneDrive icon that has dark clouds around it *Huh I'm sure it was always pure white fluffy cloud before. In fact... I've just found a recent screen grab and it has indeed changed. The latest icon has two semi circles to represent clouds. The old one had...
  8. onedrive icon

in Windows 10 Support
    onedrive icon: Bật mí cách lựa chọn thắt lưng da cá sấu chuẩn nhất Sinh nhật sếp bạn muốn chọn một món quà phù hợp, bạn muốn mua một chiếc day nit da ca sau nhưng chưa biết nên chọn mẫu nào hay mua ở đâu… Rất nhiều thắc mắc và băn khoăn được đặt ra quanh...
  9. Changes to OneDrive

Changes to OneDrive: I received the below an email from Microsoft in reference to OneDive, dated today (4/8/16). From reading through it, it sounds as if anything over the 5GB capacity might be deleted around 7/15/16 if we don't upgrade, but I was hoping for some confirmation from anybody...
  10. onedrive icon

in Windows 10 Support
    onedrive icon: anyone know how to get the one drive icon to disappear, i have circled the icon in red in the screenshot below [img] 2395

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive system tray icon changed