Windows 10: OneDrive link bug

Discus and support OneDrive link bug in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I use the OneDrive share link feature to share my photos; it is a great feature. However it has a bug. I recently shared links to two sets of files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rajn1, Dec 16, 2015.

1. rajn1 Win User

OneDrive link bug

I use the OneDrive share link feature to share my photos; it is a great feature. However it has a bug. I recently shared links to two sets of files. One worked for the receivers. The other did not and reported empty file. I deleted the folder, set it up again with the same folder and resent the link, I had the same problem. I noticed that the other link had JPG at the end and this one did not, every time I tried it. I copied the link to Word, edited it by adding JPG at the end, made it a link and sent it. The link worked. Clearly this is a bug. Perhaps there is a size limit to the files or some issue that the software is not addressing correctly. Thanks...Raj

:)

rajn1, Dec 16, 2015
  2. figment_ Win User
    figment_, Dec 16, 2015
  3. figment_ Win User
    figment_, Dec 16, 2015
Thema:

OneDrive link bug

1. OneDrive link bug - Similar Threads - OneDrive link bug

2. OneDrive Shared links!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Shared links!: I do a lot of PowerPoint presentations which I normally send out on emails. I normally save to Mp4 video which most people can open. If the presentation exceeds the 25Mb max allowed I use a "Share" link with OneDrive etc. I normally right click on the file, share and copy and...
  3. OneDrive Shared links!

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive Shared links!: I do a lot of PowerPoint presentations which I normally send out on emails. I normally save to Mp4 video which most people can open. If the presentation exceeds the 25Mb max allowed I use a "Share" link with OneDrive etc. I normally right click on the file, share and copy and...
  4. OneDrive - Bugs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive - Bugs: Installed Windows 11, without intending to. I let it go ahead and install Windows 11s to see if it's worth bothering with. I've uninstalled it before and looks like I'm uninstalling it again. Reason in another post.I have my Media Pictures, Videos, and Music located on E:...
  5. OneDrive - Bugs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive - Bugs: Installed Windows 11, without intending to. I let it go ahead and install Windows 11s to see if it's worth bothering with. I've uninstalled it before and looks like I'm uninstalling it again. Reason in another post.I have my Media Pictures, Videos, and Music located on E:...
  6. OneDrive backup and links

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive backup and links: I have OneDrive backup turned on and it is happily backing up my Desktop, Documents, and Pictures. I recently added a directory junction in my OneDrive folder to another folder on my hard drive, and now that folder is backed up to OneDrive as well. So far, so good.Now, what...
  7. OneDrive bug

OneDrive bug: When you restore image of Windows 10 from software like Paragon, files and folders on OneDrive are automatically deleted to OneDrive recycle bin. You need to restore them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-bug/d2ff8dde-1ac7-41ea-93d8-a9b4e0c24423
  8. OneDrive JavaScript bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive JavaScript bug: This is a duplicate post from 2019, but apparently the bug still has not been fixed, so adding some extra info here. There is a bug with OneDrive for Windows 10 Desktop in which if the Internet Explorer Security Properties are set to High, OneDrive will fail after changing...
  9. OneDrive links !

OneDrive links !: Could someone put my mind at rest by answering this question. I do a lot of video presentations and PowerPoint slide shows, I normally save to Mp4 and copy into OneDrive. The reason I use OneDrive is that the presentations are quite large and exceed the 25 Mb max allowed on...
  10. OneDrive Links

OneDrive Links: Good day I have only 5GB sharing space on my account its free. If I delete some of the folders that I have shared I need space, and that person has not downloaded the files already, will he still be able to use that link? Common sense tells me no, but I just want to...