Windows 10: OneDrive -- make all files available locally

Discus and support OneDrive -- make all files available locally in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On Win10 RS3, how to make all OneDrive files available locally? The option "make all files available" seems to only make placeholders available. How do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by shmu26, Mar 3, 2018.

1. shmu26 Win User

OneDrive -- make all files available locally

On Win10 RS3, how to make all OneDrive files available locally? The option "make all files available" seems to only make placeholders available. How do you get the real files to be automatically downloaded to the local machine, not just on demand?

:)

shmu26, Mar 3, 2018

2. OneDrive: File History unable to create backup

Hi,

For us to isolate your concern with File History, we would like to know if you have a third-party antivirus. If yes, we suggest that you try turning it off, and check if the issue still persists.

Also, have you tried making your OneDrive files available offline? If not, you may try
    right-clicking on any file or folder inside of your OneDrive (whether to make it available offline, or to make it online-only). To change this to be the default option, you need to go to the
    OneDrive settings, and right-click the the OneDrive settings; then, click
    Settings. Once you're done, check the box for Make all files available even when this PC isn’t connected to the Internet. By doing this, it will download everything, and make sure that all future files that get placed into
    OneDrive from any device will get downloaded.

Your reply is most important to us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Michael Gall, Mar 3, 2018
  3. how do I make onedrive available offline?

In Windows 10 there is no "make available offline" function.

Right-click on one of the folders in OneDrive within File Explorer (that's the new name for Windows Explorer) and choose "Choose OneDrive Folders to Sync"

Gordon B-P, Mar 3, 2018
  4. Steve C Win User

Click the OneDrive taskbar icon then choose the account tab / choose folders. Then select the folders you want to synchronise with your PC. A synchronised local copy of these files will be kept in your PC's OneDrive folder.

Steve C, Mar 3, 2018
  5. shmu26 Win User
    This setting works quite well for the computer on which I created those files and folders. But on a different computer, I get only placeholders.

shmu26, Mar 3, 2018
  6. Steve C Win User
    Perhaps reset / reinstall OneDrive since you should be able to synchronise from any PC. See my post 9 here OneDrive Problem After Anniversary Upgrade

Steve C, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. OneDrive -- make all files available locally - Similar Threads - OneDrive files available

2. OneDrive and Local Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive and Local Files: My local files are PC>Windows C:>Users>MyName>OneDrive>Documents.I want to be able to select PC and have my local files appear under Documents and still sync with OneDrive. I am concerned if I change the path I will have multiple files everywhere. How do I make that...
  3. OneDrive and Local Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive and Local Files: My local files are PC>Windows C:>Users>MyName>OneDrive>Documents.I want to be able to select PC and have my local files appear under Documents and still sync with OneDrive. I am concerned if I change the path I will have multiple files everywhere. How do I make that...
  4. I have instructed OneDrive to make all files and folders avail offline, but it's not doing...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have instructed OneDrive to make all files and folders avail offline, but it's not doing...: I have selected the OneDrive option to allow all of OneDrive to be available offline. In explorer some have the mark and some always have the 'cloud' symbol. When I go to delete a file it may say, "if you delete this online file it will not be able to be restored from Recycle...
  5. I have instructed OneDrive to make all files and folders avail offline, but it's not doing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have instructed OneDrive to make all files and folders avail offline, but it's not doing...: I have selected the OneDrive option to allow all of OneDrive to be available offline. In explorer some have the mark and some always have the 'cloud' symbol. When I go to delete a file it may say, "if you delete this online file it will not be able to be restored from Recycle...
  6. I have instructed OneDrive to make all files and folders avail offline, but it's not doing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. OneDrive and local file

OneDrive and local file: Hello, So all my files are usually backed up onto Onedrive or some other storage cloud. But my laptop is running low on space so I want to clear them from my laptop's local storage space to free up some space. Is it possible to delete files from my laptop without deleting...
  8. OneDrive and Local Files

OneDrive and Local Files: I cannot seem to stop this. It appears everything under THIS PC Documents, Photos, Music, etc. show both local files and OneDrive files. It gets confusing and sometimes I can't really tell but some save directly to OneDrive. How do I:Have ONLY files that are on the Local disk...
  9. make files available to all users

make files available to all users: I am administrator. I created new standard user account for myself. How do I make files, pictures, documents in my administrator account accessible to my new user account?...
  10. Onedrive local files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Onedrive local files: All of my Onedrive folders/files are set to "read-only". I went to properties on the Onedrive folder and cleared the checkmark on the read-only box. Applied the change to all floders/files. It appeared to go through all of them, but when I looked at any of the files they...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive make files locally available

2. windows 10 making files available onedrive

3. making onedrive available locally in windows 10

4. onedrive unable to access file offline but i am connected to the internet,
  5. one drive make all files available windows 10,
  6. make my onedrive files available locally,
  7. always available on this device make default,
  8. make all files available onedrive,
  9. one drive how to make a folder aviable locally,
  10. onedrive make all files available,
  11. Make all files available even when this PC isn’t connected to the Internet onedrive