Windows 10: Onedrive making many copies

Discus and support Onedrive making many copies in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why has the Onedrive forum been lacked??? Posting this here (picked the generic Category of 'Windows' and hoping someone will answer. A while ago my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by S.Smith4, Jul 23, 2018.

1. S.Smith4 Win User

Onedrive making many copies

Why has the Onedrive forum been lacked??? Posting this here (picked the generic Category of 'Windows' and hoping someone will answer.

A while ago my Onedrive that is on my computer (i.e. can access from File explorer) started making many many multiple copies of the whole onedrive folder, and will only stop when I pause syncing or quit onedrive. My online version is fine, but I can't use the one on my computer at the moment without this happening; it's up to copy No 421 at the moment.

:)

S.Smith4, Jul 23, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 23, 2018
  3. OneDrive Personal Missing 'Green Ticks'

Hi James,

The issue that you encountered regarding the program is may be caused by some files or components that are missing on the system. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you
    reset OneDrive using the Run commands. This process will restart the program to its working state and eliminate any software conflicts. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start, type Run, and then press Enter.
    • Copy and paste the following command into the Run window and click
      OK.
      • %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    • Make sure that the OneDrive icon in the notification area of the taskbar will disappear and reappear after a minute or two.
    • If the icon doesn’t reappear after a few minutes, copy this command:
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe
      and paste it into the
      Run window, and then click OK.
    • Once you’re done, check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Jul 23, 2018
  4. ElissaBB Win User

C Drive doubled after copying music files to OneDrive!

This is puzzling and frustrating. I moved my 30,000 (approx. 270G) of music files from OneDrive to Music folder recently. Then I decided to keep a copy on OneDrive, so copied them over there. All of a sudden my C Drive shows 607G full, which is about double
    what it was before. I can't see any temp files or anything extra that would explain the additional size. My Carbonite app is also showing almost double the number of files backed up. And to make it all even more confusing, my OneDrive only shows 3.42G full
    while listing all my music files, which makes no sense. HELP!

I am 70 years old, not as sharp as I used to be although I've used PCs since 1983. I can't understand all the instructions and lingo on support sites anymore. Please help me with simple step-by-step directions if you have a clue what might be going on. Thanks
    in advance for kind and helpful replies Onedrive making many copies :)

ElissaBB, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Onedrive making many copies - Similar Threads - Onedrive making many

2. Onedrive -Copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive -Copy: I decided to sync my files with Onedrive, it had finished but I had new applications on my PC with a blank icon. It was suspicious, but I doubt that's going to be any concern. Next to some of the applications copy these were the preinstalled things it had "-copy" and still...
  3. Onedrive -Copy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive -Copy: I decided to sync my files with Onedrive, it had finished but I had new applications on my PC with a blank icon. It was suspicious, but I doubt that's going to be any concern. Next to some of the applications copy these were the preinstalled things it had "-copy" and still...
  4. Onedrive making copies of excel sheet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive making copies of excel sheet: I have a user who created a spreadsheet in excel, then the user enabled autosave so it is now saving to his onedrive. The problem is that onedrive is now creating multiple copies of the spreadsheet everytime the user saves, for example in the onedrive folder there will be a...
  5. Onedrive making copies of excel sheet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive making copies of excel sheet: I have a user who created a spreadsheet in excel, then the user enabled autosave so it is now saving to his onedrive. The problem is that onedrive is now creating multiple copies of the spreadsheet everytime the user saves, for example in the onedrive folder there will be a...
  6. Onedrive making copies of excel sheet

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Sync a copy on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sync a copy on OneDrive: Is it possible to sync automatically a copy of a program on OneDrive? Or this is only possible if I transfer the program to OneDrive? Thanks, Daniel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-a-copy-on-onedrive/cde38971-cc83-49a9-b780-2edb1a82b328
  8. Many multiple copies of the same files are being stored on my OneDrive

Many multiple copies of the same files are being stored on my OneDrive: I am getting messages that multiple copies of the same files are being stored on my OneDrive because of some conflict with the file's names. What can I do to correct this? Thanks in advance for your support....
  9. OneDrive Copies

OneDrive Copies: Hi I've got all of my documents from c:\users\<<name>>\Documents copied to OneDrive, together with my music and pictures folder. I've noticed that there is also, on my C: drive, a folder c:\users\<<name>>\OneDrive - which ALSO has copies of the documents, pictures and...
  10. Copying Onedrive online only files to network share (without making a local copy)

Copying Onedrive online only files to network share (without making a local copy): Hi, I would like to copy large amount of Onedrive online only files to \\somenetwork\share. However, simple drag-drop copying in File Explorer is very unreliable, since it first downloads the file, make a local-copy ("downloads on demand") and only then the file is copied to...