Windows 10: OneDrive Nag Message at Start-Up

Discus and support OneDrive Nag Message at Start-Up in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I start the computer I get a Nag Message from OneDriveto Set Up OneDrive. I want to disable this nag message because I"m not sure I want to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pgarden, Oct 26, 2015.

1. pgarden Win User

OneDrive Nag Message at Start-Up

When I start the computer I get a Nag Message from OneDriveto Set Up OneDrive. I want to disable this nag message because I"m not sure I want to use OneDrive right now. How do I stop this message from appearing everytime I start the computer?
    Please excuse me if I posted this in the wrong forum.

:)

pgarden, Oct 26, 2015

2. Windows 10

If Defender is integrated into the Windows 10 operating system, starts on system boot up, and supposedly updates itself automatically, then why do I get nag messages telling me that Defender has not been run in a while and that I need to run it. I updated
    and ran Defender yesterday, yet when I boot up today, I get this nag message telling me that I have not run Defender in a while! Rubbish!!!

Kevington

KevingtonBeare, Oct 26, 2015
  3. ohpuleeze Win User
    Windows 10 HOME - turning off OneDrive.

Hi - a couple of months ago, following an update, OneDrive started throwing up a nag screen every time I save a file in word (2007) and/or (presumably) the other office apps. I have no desire to save to OneDrive and don't like being nagged by PUPs - including
    Windows PUPs - and want rid. Any suggestions please?

NB: I have looked at many 'solutions' on the web, including Microsoft support forums, but have not found one that works for Windows 10 HOME, which lacks the GPEdit command. I found one showing how to do it using reg edit here: Disable or Uninstall OneDrive Completely in Windows 10 - Tech Journey
    But note the bit at end that says 'disable file sync doesn't work above O/S Windows 8.1' Agggghhhhh!

So, in the simplest possible way, without having to make major changes to the file registry, how can Windows 10 Home users get rid of the bloody annoying nag screen for an unwanted service Microsoft has foisted upon them?

Ta

ohpuleeze, Oct 26, 2015
  4. XweAponX Win User

You can shut that off, open Task Manager and go to the Startup tab, find OneDrive and disable it.

XweAponX, Oct 26, 2015
  5. vexorg Win User
    First thing I done was rip it out. Kill it in group policy, uninstall it, and delete the reg key, gone for good!

vexorg, Oct 27, 2015
  6. pgarden Win User
    Hey XweAponX Thank you ever so much, I haven't had this new computer very long and this nag was so annoying. Your instruction worked perfectly.

pgarden, Oct 27, 2015
  7. MisterX Win User
    Where exactly do I go in gpedit to kill it?

MisterX, Nov 4, 2016
  8. ALKHALL Win User

I get the nag screen on startup, but there is no process in taskmanager/startup.

Any other suggestions? I only want to disable the nag screen, not uninstall OneDrive.

ALKHALL, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. OneDrive Nag Message at Start-Up - Similar Threads - OneDrive Nag Message

2. error message on start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error message on start up: morning how do i remove an error message from start up, which only happened last few days from an update thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-on-start-up/0e3f8f5c-7fac-434d-8595-71717099984b
  3. error message on start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error message on start up: morning how do i remove an error message from start up, which only happened last few days from an update thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-message-on-start-up/0e3f8f5c-7fac-434d-8595-71717099984b
  4. Bad_system_config_info message on start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad_system_config_info message on start up: Started HP pc and got above message. Tried a System Restore and that failed. Tried a System Reset and that also failed. Things get to a certain point and I keep getting thrown back into the blue screen where I can either shut down pc or go to advanced setting.s. Have tried...
  5. Bad_system_config_info message on start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad_system_config_info message on start up: Started HP pc and got above message. Tried a System Restore and that failed. Tried a System Reset and that also failed. Things get to a certain point and I keep getting thrown back into the blue screen where I can either shut down pc or go to advanced setting.s. Have tried...
  6. Error message on start up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error message on start up: I get this message eon my laptop when I turn it on. C:\programfiles\windowsapps\microsoft,microsoftofficehub_18.2008.12711.0_x64_8...\localbridge.exe. Element not found i click ok and my screen goes blank...
  7. Error message on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error message on start up: A message box keeps appearing when I start up my computer. Message: "There is a problem starting C\Program Files\HP\HP Deskjet 2540 series\bin\HPstatusBl.dll. The specified module could not be found." I have already uninstalled this printer. How can I get rid of this...
  8. Error message at start up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error message at start up: Just bought my daughter a refurbished hp stream notebook windows 10. At start up there is an error message stating product information is missing or invalid IE: Product name, configuration, serial number, product number is missing from system board. Does anyone knows what...
  9. Stop a background app nag message

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stop a background app nag message: I have Skype disabled as a background app. That is how I want it. However I keep getting Notification nags that I have it off and that I should update my background app settings as I might be missing Skype calls. I am not missing them because I don't use Skype. I know where...
  10. Annoying Start Up Message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Annoying Start Up Message: Please does anyone know what this is and how to fix it. I'm freaking frustrated![ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/annoying-start-up-message/b444383a-ae06-4a33-a2fc-9ac580b610aa"