Windows 10: OneDrive not syncing as expected. Is it broke?

Discus and support OneDrive not syncing as expected. Is it broke? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 3 computers that I frequently use, and I keep all my documents under OneDrive. Recently I decided to get serious about cleaning up disk space,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mostlylost, Sep 2, 2015.

1. OneDrive not syncing as expected. Is it broke?

I have 3 computers that I frequently use, and I keep all my documents under OneDrive. Recently I decided to get serious about cleaning up disk space, so I reorganized many of my document folders. I renamed several, I moved some underneath others, I deleted some, but I wasn't super thorough. I did not verify whether the changes were proliferated to the other two computers because I just assumed that it would work. Recently I upgraded these computers to Windows 10, and starting a more thorough cleanup of my documents folder. This time I used a dupe finder program to identify duplicates. That's when I realized that many of the folders I had renamed previously were now in my documents folder twice, and the ones I deleted were back! Being a little slow, I spent a few hours cleaning it all up real nice and thorough again. I moved to my second computer and verified that the changes were proliferated, and this time they were. Yay! This morning, I logged into the 3rd computer, and OneDrive uploaded all of the old files and folders and put them back into my new clean file structure! I am now apoplectic!

Is my OneDrive installation broken? or is this normal, expected behavior for OneDrive. I am afraid to trust it now. Syncing is not just about keeping copies of files, it is about keeping your file organization. BTW, I always use file explorer directly to deal with my files.

:)

mostlylost, Sep 2, 2015
  2. LCRT Win User

No Option to Backup Text

Because you would then expect to find the messages IN onedrive, and you will not. It would also not imply that the messages would get to your other devices.

it probably USES onedrive but only syncs between devices.

LCRT, Sep 2, 2015
  3. Jorg_R Win User
    Impersonation is not working as expected On windows 10 touch screen

Hi ParmodJangra,

just to let you know, you're writing to the German language community for home users.

With you question regarding a subject rather more particular to developers, I'd suggest approaching the
    TechNet community who will be able to help you out best.

Kind regards,

Jorg

Jorg_R, Sep 2, 2015
Thema:

OneDrive not syncing as expected. Is it broke?

1. OneDrive not syncing as expected. Is it broke? - Similar Threads - OneDrive syncing expected

2. Onedrive not syncing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive not syncing: Regarding onedrive. I have 2 computers, one desk top and laptop, windows 10. The desktop works and communicates fine with onedrive. Onedrive had\s personal folders and one shared folder. The laptop previously worked, but now does not sync well. Opening the icon, the window...
  3. OneDrive Sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Sync: I have always been confused about the file structure and display around OD on my computer.In the beginning, I only had a Documents folder Well more, of course, but this is where my confusion arises. I jumped right onto OD. So, I started with:C:\Me\DocumentsAfter setting up...
  4. OneDrive Sync

OneDrive Sync: I have always been confused about the file structure and display around OD on my computer.In the beginning, I only had a Documents folder Well more, of course, but this is where my confusion arises. I jumped right onto OD. So, I started with:C:\Me\DocumentsAfter setting up...
  5. Onedrive syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive syncing: Hi,is it possible to stop OneDrive syncing? and I don't mean just pause it. I don't want to uninstall or anything, I'd just like to know if possible and if so how.Richard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-syncing/457dd1b9-5708-43a1-b666-6637547708fc
  6. Onedrive syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Onedrive syncing: Hi,is it possible to stop OneDrive syncing? and I don't mean just pause it. I don't want to uninstall or anything, I'd just like to know if possible and if so how.Richard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-syncing/457dd1b9-5708-43a1-b666-6637547708fc
  7. OneDrive syncing

OneDrive syncing: I actually have a couple issues. My PC has 5 Users and files are stored all over the place. Most will not be on OD, but some will. Should I/Can I consolidate the files into one central location first? Yesterday while setting up OD on my laptop I accidently included my...
  8. onedrive sync

onedrive sync: How can I stop OneDrive pictures syncing with PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-sync/609276a8-0ef7-4391-aa9e-801e4fe1f1ff"
  9. OneDrive sync.

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive sync.: I recently had problems with my Surface Pro 4 going haywire, doing all sorts of weird behaviour & I assumed I had a virus from a download or something so wiped my SSD and re-installed Windows. After having done this I found I still had the problem. Upon further investigation,...
  10. OneDrive Sync

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Sync: Hello Good People, Despite looking around, I don't understand how the sync works. First, is there a master, so to speak. ie does the cloud version mimic the PC files. ie if there is a file on my PC and not on the cloud, will the cloud get updated? An then, if a file gets...