Windows 10: OneDrive oddities

Discus and support OneDrive oddities in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all! So I'm here to ask if anyone has been noticing any odd peculiarities in regards to their OneDrive files. I ask this because I know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Coke Robot, Jun 19, 2016.

1. OneDrive oddities

Hello all!

So I'm here to ask if anyone has been noticing any odd peculiarities in regards to their OneDrive files.

I ask this because I know someone who recently went through a disaster with OneDrive (it's good if you back up your vital data, it's better to have a redundant copy of it, don't learn the hard way) where a mere copy/paste of a few files from the OneDrive root folder within File Explorer to a different folder within OneDrive, then deleting the original files from the root folder along with deleting an old PC backup folder seemed to have caused a poop storm where they claimed a severe chunk of their data was just lost from OneDrive. I personally checked it out myself and in their OneDrive Recycle Bin had their old PC backup (basically a system image from a previous machine) and almost the entirety of what they claimed was lost in OneDrive. Nothing was actually deleted off the PC itself and nothing was in the PC's Recycle Bin. About a few days later, they told me some data was sort of restored back beyond what I managed to help them restore for the OneDrive Recycle Bin along with random file duplication randomly scattered all over the place within all sorts of random folder directories. It was almost like if something server side REALLY glitched out...

I thought, "Oh well, one in a bajillion issue."

Then I checked my OneDrive, and there is a mysterious folder, titled "OneDrive-2016-04-07." I haven't been going through my documents lately until just now and found this folder I NEVER created AT ALL on ANY of my devices. And within it, are duplicate pdf files of my car's wiring diagrams and workshop manual. I have a separate folder for that where those files are at that have been there for almost years.This is a totally foreign set of files on my OneDrive I never made, was not aware of and just came out of nowhere. I've been noticing lately the OneDrive status indicator icon in the notification tray saying it's uploading gigabytes of files to OneDrive, but the weird thing is, I never made any changes to what I have in it. I never added nor removed anything yet it was apparently re-uploading several music albums I have in OneDrive....

So for the time being, I'm not connecting my PC to OneDrive for that along with the fact I have my system setup where the local and OneDrive documents, pictures, and music folders are merged so they're all one in the same. If I deleted something from those folders on my PC, it gets reflected onto OneDrive automatically.

Methinks a storm's brewing in the clouds...

:)

Coke Robot, Jun 19, 2016
  2. kab42 Win User

Windows 10 control panel not working

I followed these steps but I still can't launch Control Panel. I seem to have some other oddities... OneDrive has also stopped working. Google Chrome has stopped working. I can no longer right-click on the windows icon in the corner and get control panel
    etc. HELP!!! I have searched the forum but haven't found anything helpful yet...

kab42, Jun 19, 2016
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Explorer oddities

Hi,

You can try to run
    System File Checker
    , for possible resolution.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Jun 19, 2016
Thema:

OneDrive oddities

1. OneDrive oddities - Similar Threads - OneDrive oddities

2. Onedrive login not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive login not working: When trying to login in OneDrive, the login screen bugs out and just gives a white screen instead of allowing me to enter my account or password.This happend after being logged in before a few days before. It had forgotten the login, and after logging in and logging out again...
  3. Onedrive login not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive login not working: When trying to login in OneDrive, the login screen bugs out and just gives a white screen instead of allowing me to enter my account or password.This happend after being logged in before a few days before. It had forgotten the login, and after logging in and logging out again...
  4. Onedrive login not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. OneDrive doesn't synchronise hidden lock files that prevent version conflicts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive doesn't synchronise hidden lock files that prevent version conflicts: I use LibreOffice. When a LibreOffice document is open, it creates a lock file in the folder which prevents a second user with access to the same folder from modifying the document while it is open by the first user. However, OneDrive doesn't synchronise the lock files across...
  6. OneDrive doesn't synchronise hidden lock files that prevent version conflicts

OneDrive doesn't synchronise hidden lock files that prevent version conflicts: I use LibreOffice. When a LibreOffice document is open, it creates a lock file in the folder which prevents a second user with access to the same folder from modifying the document while it is open by the first user. However, OneDrive doesn't synchronise the lock files across...
  7. how to end the paralyzing confusion caused by ONEdrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to end the paralyzing confusion caused by ONEdrive: To whom may understand how detrimental Onedrive's behaviour is!Simply put: I do NOT WANT Onedrive taking over my filemanagement - ever! I want the opposite: Onedrive should NOT save let alone sync anything UNLESS I instruct it to do so, be it once, be it always. I have used...
  8. how to end the paralyzing confusion caused by ONEdrive

how to end the paralyzing confusion caused by ONEdrive: To whom may understand how detrimental Onedrive's behaviour is!Simply put: I do NOT WANT Onedrive taking over my filemanagement - ever! I want the opposite: Onedrive should NOT save let alone sync anything UNLESS I instruct it to do so, be it once, be it always. I have used...
  9. I cannot start onedrive and I cannot repair the account, Mag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot start onedrive and I cannot repair the account, Mag: I cannot start onedrive and I cannot repair the account, can't login Mag https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-start-onedrive-and-i-cannot-repair-the/0554400b-618c-45ff-8b9d-532a01236f06
  10. I cannot start onedrive and I cannot repair the account, Mag

I cannot start onedrive and I cannot repair the account, Mag: I cannot start onedrive and I cannot repair the account, can't login Mag https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-start-onedrive-and-i-cannot-repair-the/0554400b-618c-45ff-8b9d-532a01236f06