Windows 10: OneDrive Personal High CPU Usage, Not Syncing

Discus and support OneDrive Personal High CPU Usage, Not Syncing in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I have an issue that keeps popping up and I can't seem to figure out. Every so often, usually after I used the computer for an hour or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by daroga, Sep 8, 2015.

1. daroga Win User

OneDrive Personal High CPU Usage, Not Syncing

Hi everyone!

I have an issue that keeps popping up and I can't seem to figure out. Every so often, usually after I used the computer for an hour or so, OneDrive will start really taxing the CPU (25-35%), but also it won't be syncing anything. Right-clicking the notification icon and exiting doesn't actually exit the process; I have to go to Task Manager and force it to stop.

When relaunching OneDrive it's fine for a while, but then starts the same behavior again. Something is getting stuck, but I don't know how to check what's causing it.

Any thoughts on what might be causing that and what I might do to fix it? Running Windows 10 Pro on a Surface Pro 3.

Thanks!

:)

daroga, Sep 8, 2015

2. RuntimeBroker consumes high CPU while running GrooveMusic

As of the latest Groove update (version 10.16092.1031.0), this high CPU usage problem has mostly gone away for me. RuntimeBroker will use a lot of CPU for a short period of time after Groove starts up (as its syncing the OneDrive library), then it will stop
    using the CPU and playback will use minimal CPU power. Even if I minimize the Groove app, CPU usage still stays low unlike before this update. This update allows me to minimize Groove, enjoy my OneDrive library, and not waste CPU power and battery life.

I observed this both on my desktop and my Surface Pro 3, both running fully updated Windows 10 Anniversary Update.

The_D0lph1n, Sep 8, 2015
  3. RuntimeBroker consumes high CPU while running GrooveMusic

How long does the high CPU usage last? Runtime Broker has high CPU after I start Groove, but it stops after about 3 minutes and goes to idle. Not minimizing Groove has allowed me to continue having my OneDrive music synced in the offline library. Your workaround
    is perfectly fine, but on both of my machines my workaround has allowed me to keep my OneDrive Music folder in the offline library without completely draining my battery.

I suspect that the Runtime Broker activity is related to a background task in Groove. Minimizing Groove places it in the background and starts the OneDrive sync tasks which uses up a lot of CPU time. This is something that Microsoft needs to fix, but I think
    a decent workaround is to not minimize the app.

The_D0lph1n, Sep 8, 2015
  4. daroga Win User

Did a full format of the PC last night and got everything up and running again.

And it happened again. Any thoughts at all? Is there a log somewhere I can check to see what might be causing OneDrive to get hung up?

Thanks!

daroga, Sep 9, 2015
Thema:

1. OneDrive Personal High CPU Usage, Not Syncing - Similar Threads - OneDrive Personal High

2. high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    high cpu usage: I had a high cpu usage when i was using my pc even on idle, then i decided to reset my pc, this fixed the issue but i had some projects and files that i wanted so i copied them into a flash drive and after the reset, i moved the files to my pc, now the cpu usage is high again...
  3. High CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High CPU usage: When everything is closed my CPU is using 1%, however when I play my game the CPU usage skyrockets up to 60% even though game is only using 10 - 20% of the CPU.When the game is running:When the game isn't running:...
  4. CPU High Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU High Usage: Hey,My CPU goes to 90% to 100% when I play games. I don't know if my CPU is bottleneck or not Could you assist me in fixing it? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cpu-high-usage/5e1954fe-1478-4342-87c8-f9d99418c5bc
  5. CPU usage is high

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU usage is high: My CPU usage is 50% and sometimes higher and the only thing I have opened is Google Chrome. Presentational font cache exe is using most of it and Chrome is using 10-15%. Memory usage is 60% and Chrome is using most of that. 960 mb What can I do to fix this?...
  6. high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    high cpu usage: hi,I am Krishna, my laptop having some problems with wifi. suddenly wifi is disconnecting and the adaptor is not showing wifi settings after doing a hardware scan or internet troubleshooter it is again showing the wifi settings and connecting to wifi, whenever this happens...
  7. High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU Usage: I just did a factory reset of my windows 10 because of low storage and an issue I have had before and after the reset is high CPU usage. I don't have any external anti virus. And when I get the high usage I just have to open task manager and its fine. its not even when I play...
  8. High CPU usage

High CPU usage: I have constant ongoing high CPU usage . One of the causes is a non Windows app I'm trying to rectify. The other 3 are all Windows based; WMI provider host, Antimalware Service and Services and Controller App....
  9. High cpu usage

High cpu usage: Hi guys, I have a weird problem and I can't fix it. After changing some settings in Comand Promt my computer started behaving weird. My cpu usage is high and very unstable, for no reason. In the task manager there is nothing that should cause high cpu usage, there are no...
  10. High CPU usage when running OneDrive

High CPU usage when running OneDrive: I am running OneDrive both for a work account, and personal account. Frequently almost all the time OneDrive is running it causes my machine to hit 100% CPU usage with Windows Explorer.exe taking about 2/3rds of that. Here is a screenshot of Process Explorer, with CPU...