Windows 10: OneDrive Problem After Anniversary Upgrade

Discus and support OneDrive Problem After Anniversary Upgrade in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just upgraded to the AU and all is fine apart from a problem with OneDrive which was working fine. I log in using a Microsoft account. OneDrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Steve C, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Steve C Win User

OneDrive Problem After Anniversary Upgrade

I just upgraded to the AU and all is fine apart from a problem with OneDrive which was working fine.

I log in using a Microsoft account. OneDrive seems to have lost the account linkage it had. When I try to add my account, I get this message:

OneDrive Problem After Anniversary Upgrade [​IMG]

When I click on the cloud symbol on the task bar and sign in I get the following error despite using the correct details:

OneDrive Problem After Anniversary Upgrade [​IMG]

How do I reconfigure or reset OneDrive do it recognises my Microsoft account? I can use the OneDrive Store app and that works fine.

:)

Steve C, Dec 8, 2016

2. This PC > Documents now duplicate One Drive folder

Seems I have the same problem (see separate thread "How to show local (not OneDrive) folders in Explorer after Anniversary Update")...

JørgenJohanson, Dec 8, 2016
  3. App tiles disappeared from Start, acting as if they are still pinned

I noticed that after Anniversary update, a few app tiles just disappeared. I already had an issue with OneDrive tile after update to Windows 10 Mobile. Problem is, they haven't appeared again and when I try to pin them on start, they appear as pinned. Tiles
    that have disappeared: OneDrive, Outlook Mail and Calendar, Messaging - Sim no.2. Is there a way for fixing this issue?

Using Nokia Lumia 730 Dual Sim.

Daniel Mitra, Dec 8, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Any ideas? I found I can configure OneDrive in other accounts on my PC but not on my main user account. I tried creating and alternative Microsoft email alias but using that doesn't work either.

I tried deleting my OneDrive user folder and I also deleted the OneDrive configuration files in C:\Users\Myname\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive. I ran the OneDrive setup program OneDriveSetup.exe in the almost empty folder in AppData but I still get the same error. Onedrive thinks it is registering the same account twice but I can't figure out where it stores this information. Any ideas?

OneDrive works fine in my admin account. I noticed that account has an older version of Onedrive 17.3.6517.0809 wheres the user account has a newer version 17.3.6720.1207. How do you force OneDrive to update to the latest version?

Steve C, Dec 9, 2016
  5. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

I don't think One Drive's version has any bearing on the account problem.

With OD running, right click its icon in taskbar and pick settings. In there you can unlink a PC and manage accounts too.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Dec 9, 2016
  6. davew1379 Win User
    I had a similar problem a couple of months ago, and after a lot of work, it seemed the issue was Javascript in Internet Explorer (yes, IE, not edge) being disabled.

The *symptoms* I had was the Onedrive account for my main Microsoft account *seemingly* being linked and not-linked at the same time, so I couldn't link to the onedrive account, as it was already linked, but it just didn't work.

Creating a new OneDrive account didn't work (as the old one was still *seemingly* half-linked), yet creating a new Microsoft account on the PC, I could easily access both the old and new Onedrive accounts.

I tried everything I could think of, multiple uninstalling and reinstalling of various Onedrive versions, and endless switching between the PC's user accounts with no success.
    I got somewhat sidetracked by the new Microsoft account running a different Onedrive version to my main account, which resulted in all the various uninstalls and reinstalls.

At some point, I had noticed one of the various dialogs had an error message about Javascript being 'disabled in your browser', but (though I never use it), I'd assumed it meant Edge, or possibly one of the browsers I actually used, but was so caught up in the Onedrive version issue that after I'd checked Edge was OK, I let that slide, but it turned out 'your browser' meant IE.
    I didn't even realise I still had IE on the system after upgrading to win10, let alone that it appeared crucial to Onedrive working, or that somehow Javascript on it had been disabled (I'm pretty sure by the update, and not by me).

I hope this helps someone, and saves them the many hours I seemingly wasted chasing red herrings.

davew1379, Dec 11, 2016
  7. Steve C Win User
    Javascript is enabled in IE 11 according to this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3135465 Did you change something else to configure Javascript? I could try resetting IE11 and checking scripting is set.
    OneDrive does work in my other user accounts. I've delinked all of these - but OneDrive still won't work in my main user account.

I tried creating a new user account only to find I couldn't log in to it. That was due to a corrupt default user profile. I copied a new profile from another working Windows 10 AU PC - see https://www.tenforums.com/user-accou...r-profile.html. I can now create a new user with a working OneDrive so there may be a problem with my current main user profile?

My PC was working fine until the Anniversary Upgrade.

Steve C, Dec 11, 2016
  8. davew1379 Win User

I can't remember for sure, but it's possible that rather than Javascript being specifically disabled, the security level was just set to 'high', rather than 'medium-high'.

Looking at my update history, this problem happened about when I installed the anniversary update.

davew1379, Dec 11, 2016
  9. I had the exact same problem. I was able to fix it after I uninstalled OneDrive fully from my PC (Go here to learn how Disable or Uninstall OneDrive Completely in Windows 10 - Tech Journey ) then I reinstalled OneDrive and now it works fine *Wink although it wasn't after I installed the anniversary update, so I'm not sure if this still works. I hope this helped

redninjaelias7, Dec 11, 2016
  10. davew1379 Win User
    I guess there may be multiple causes for issues that give similar symptoms.

Uninstalling didn't seem to work for the particular issue I had (at least, not in and of itself), despite following various online guides to uninstallation, (though not the one you linked to), and deleting anything onedrive-related I could find.
    All the uninstalling/reinstalling did for me was get to the point where onedrive no longer thought I was already syncing an account, but still didn't let me reconnect.
    Part of my path to finding out the issue I was having was creating a new Onedrive account, as (unlike my existing one), when I tried to sync with that new account, I got options for 'work/university' as well as personal, whereas the old account didn't give an option, and taking the work/university option got slightly further and ended up in a dialog which gave a javascript error message, whereas going down the personal route (or using my old Onedrive account) didn't.

However, I can't be sure that the *only* issue I had was with javascript, as the various un/re-installs may have done something as well.

davew1379, Dec 11, 2016
  11. Steve C Win User
    Uninstalling then reinstalling OneDrive fixed the problem for me - thank you redninjaelias7 *Smile. See http://www.technorms.com/46217/disab...-in-windows-10. Here is what I did:

• Run taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe from an admin command prompt to stop OneDrive if running
    • Run %SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\OneDriveSetup.exe /uninstall (64 bit version) from an admin command prompt to uninstall OneDrive
    • Remove Onedrive files:
      • Delete %UserProfile%\OneDrive if present
      • Delete folders in %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneDrive but leave Update folder intact
      • Delete %ProgramData%\Microsoft OneDrive
      • Delete C:\OneDriveTemp
    • Restart PC
    • Go to %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneDrive\Update
    • Run OneDriveSetup.exe ​to reinstall OneDrive
    • Run %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\OneDrive\OneDrive.exe and configure OneDrive

OneDrive now works fine in all user accounts.

Steve C, Dec 11, 2016
  12. Jotoco Win User
    I have tried this and it works up until I try to send my offline files, then it breaks again.

I don't have paths longer than 256 chars and am really at a loss on what to do.

Jotoco, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. OneDrive Problem After Anniversary Upgrade - Similar Threads - OneDrive Problem Anniversary

2. Bluetooth problems after anniversary update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth problems after anniversary update: So I have an issue with my bluetooth speakers. I basically can not pair my PC with my speakers after the anniversary update. I've been using these speakers for a while now and never had this problem. Speakers work just fine with any other device than my PC. When i'm...
  3. Lock Screen Problems in Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen Problems in Anniversary Upgrade: I use Windows Home and find the inability to disable the Lock Screen on login really annoying. I used to use the registry fix on this forum but this no longer works. In Spotlight Mode, the correct Lock Screen background is shown when I use Windows Key + L but the last...
  4. Windows 10 anniversary update after problems

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 anniversary update after problems: Hi all, thanks for dropping by my post and having a read. So.. yes by the looks of things there seems to be on various boards problems with the windows 10 anniversary update. Unfortunately I am in that camp. 2 desktops and a laptop have all been struck with the same issue....
  5. WINDOWS Anniversary upgrade problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    WINDOWS Anniversary upgrade problem: After having installed the upgrade, I was asked for Pin code or Microsoft account password. None of my formerly used pin code or password is accepted. I tried changing Microsoft account password on my laptop. Did not help. What can I do to start my computer? 59029
  6. BSOD after recent Anniversary upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after recent Anniversary upgrade: Hi, I'm having issues with my windows machine crashing and rebooting (mostly after being put to sleep). Any help will be very appreciated! 59652
  7. Miracast connection problems after Anniversary Update?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Miracast connection problems after Anniversary Update?: I currently own a Sony MP-CL1 Pico Projector. This is based on the same technology as the Celluon PicoPro (same laser diode). My laptop connected to the projector last month completely fine, and I had no problems using screen mirroring. However, one day, the function...
  8. Problem After Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem After Anniversary Update: Hey Guys, Need some help here. Did my Anniversary update (after hearing of all the problems I did it anyhow I like to be updated) and am currently having 2 main problems. Im the Admin of my Computer. 1. I use Plex server a lot. So when I leave my computer on if it...
  9. Fixing Autoplay after the Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Fixing Autoplay after the Anniversary Upgrade: Hi, frustratingly, the upgrade sets all default settings (there are many) to default, and autoplay off. These steps are necessary (in my experience). 1. Follow this old fix: Fixes for AutoPlay Dialog Box Not Appearing When Plugging in a Removable Device • Raymond.CC...
  10. No windows Search after Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    No windows Search after Anniversary Upgrade: After the Anniversary Upgrade (AU), I had no Windows search on my PC. This means that File Explorer could not show anything under OS (C:\), FreeCommander wouldn't even start, I could not download to any file other than a Quick Access file, some desktop icons would not work,...