Windows 10: OneDrive Query

Discus and support OneDrive Query in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This may sound stupid, but are the files located in OneDrive located in the cloud only or are they located on the hard drive also? 98977 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RichardC, Nov 25, 2017.

1. RichardC Win User

OneDrive Query

This may sound stupid, but are the files located in OneDrive located in the cloud only or are they located on the hard drive also?

:)

RichardC, Nov 25, 2017
  2. ggriffg Win User

Query on Moving files to Onedrive

I am wondering same thing but have other issues as well. May I ask where you have your photos organized now? I went from 8.1 to 10 and have ended up with my photos in 4 places: This PC, User, Library, and the C drive. Micro advised I put all into C and organize
    folders and sub folders there as I choose. Other people have said different. I also want to use PhotoShop who has a storage system of their own. I am very confused at this point. Any help would be appreciated. I know I have to hand organize my pics into
    one place, just wondering where.

Also do you know if I can choose not to use windows 10 cloud, if I have other options? I also use McAfee and not 10's "s system. I have not turned anything off or deleted and just do not use. Thx so much.

ggriffg, Nov 25, 2017
  3. stromi235 Win User
    Query on Moving files to Onedrive

Original title: photos

what happens to Collection when I transfer my Pictures file to onedrive

stromi235, Nov 25, 2017
  4. swarfega Win User

OneDrive Query

By default I think its both. You can right click on sub folders in OneDrive in File Explorer and select Clear Space to have it only in the cloud, there by freeing up local storage.

You might want to check this option too:

OneDrive Query [​IMG]

swarfega, Nov 25, 2017
  5. RichardC Win User
    Am I correct in assuming that if I want them to be stored on my hard drive also, I should uncheck the box you are referring to? I just don't totally trust cloud services all that much.

RichardC, Nov 25, 2017
  6. swarfega Win User
    Yes, leave it unchecked.

swarfega, Nov 26, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    Why would you not trust Onedrive cloud services?

It is run by MS and they will have multiple redundancy built in. I would trust the big boys (google, dropbox etc).

For really critical data (most I regard as non critical), I backup to two clouds using free aloowances.

I work part time for a company that has all its data stored on Onedrive.

Of course, keeping it on local drive is fine if you have adequate storage. You should also backup to another drive anyway in case you cannot get cloud access for some reason.

cereberus, Nov 26, 2017
  8. Stitch194 Win User

OneDrive Query

If you copy files over to Cloud you end up with two copies, one in Cloud and a the original copy on your HD.
    If you dont want to save files on your HD for space reasons, right click on the file(s) and move the file over to Cloud, the original file will be deleted from your HD folder.
    BTW I would never even consider using cloud storage, all your data is there waiting to be collected by MS, Google, Bing...
    Use a USB HD to store your sensitive data, cloud service is free for a reason, information is Power to the big boys.

Stitch194, Nov 26, 2017
  9. win10er Win User
    Read my post on Onedrive yesterday, they all went to the cloud and they lost some. My hd contained no folder files.........none.

win10er, Nov 26, 2017
  10. RichardC Win User
    Thanks for the reply Stich 194. I agree with you re ms. I only upload files to the cloud that is non invasive and non informative re my personal info.

RichardC, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

OneDrive Query

1. OneDrive Query - Similar Threads - OneDrive Query

2. Files being automatically deleted from OneDrive -> sent to Recycling Bin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files being automatically deleted from OneDrive -> sent to Recycling Bin: Hi! I have installed the TLA+ Toolbox https://github.com/tlaplus/tlaplus/releases/download/v1.7.1/TLAToolbox-1.7.1-win32.win32.x86_64.zip. It results however in the OneDrive automatically deleting related and unrelated files. It has occurred on three windows laptops when the...
  3. Files being automatically deleted from OneDrive -> sent to Recycling Bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files being automatically deleted from OneDrive -> sent to Recycling Bin: Hi! I have installed the TLA+ Toolbox https://github.com/tlaplus/tlaplus/releases/download/v1.7.1/TLAToolbox-1.7.1-win32.win32.x86_64.zip. It results however in the OneDrive automatically deleting related and unrelated files. It has occurred on three windows laptops when the...
  4. Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password: Hello,Currently trying to find a way to send a link only to specific emails with onedrive that will also allow me to password protect the link like I'm able to do when sending files via "share link with anyone" as opposed to "people you choose". Is there any way to do this?...
  5. Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password

Protecting Onedrive file share with both restrictive email access and password: Hello,Currently trying to find a way to send a link only to specific emails with onedrive that will also allow me to password protect the link like I'm able to do when sending files via "share link with anyone" as opposed to "people you choose". Is there any way to do this?...
  6. cannot connect to onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot connect to onedrive: Onedrive error 0x8004de44 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-to-onedrive/47bcccd4-4185-4eed-aeef-d2379cfe00e5
  7. cannot connect to onedrive

cannot connect to onedrive: Onedrive error 0x8004de44 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-to-onedrive/47bcccd4-4185-4eed-aeef-d2379cfe00e5
  8. cannot connect to onedrive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Log in to OneDrive, OneNote while keeping Windows local

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Log in to OneDrive, OneNote while keeping Windows local: Hello.My work Windows runs on a local account. I'd like to log in to OneDrive and OneNote maybe also Office later on in order to have some files and notes both stored online and handy on the machine nothing "classified" of course, mostly manuals and textbooks. I want to log...
  10. Log in to OneDrive, OneNote while keeping Windows local

Log in to OneDrive, OneNote while keeping Windows local: Hello.My work Windows runs on a local account. I'd like to log in to OneDrive and OneNote maybe also Office later on in order to have some files and notes both stored online and handy on the machine nothing "classified" of course, mostly manuals and textbooks. I want to log...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive query syntax