Windows 10: OneDrive Semi Icon Missing Again

Discus and support OneDrive Semi Icon Missing Again in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is the second time this has happened. After the last CU update I reinstalled OneDrive which I had hoped had fixed it and so it was for about four... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by swarfega, Jun 23, 2018.

1. swarfega Win User

OneDrive Semi Icon Missing Again

This is the second time this has happened.

After the last CU update I reinstalled OneDrive which I had hoped had fixed it and so it was for about four days.

The OneDrive icon is missing from my systray.
    The files on demand feature is missing. The files are now local.
    The OneDrive icon in the navigation pane in file explorer is broken.
    The status icon is only showing for files and not folders.

I have Windows Defender and Malwarebytes as my resident security.

I could just reinstall it but it will say that the installed version is newer and will most likely do this again.

OneDrive Semi Icon Missing Again [​IMG]

:)

swarfega, Jun 23, 2018

2. OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

OneDrive Semi Icon Missing Again ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Jun 24, 2018
  3. OneDrive Personal Missing 'Green Ticks'

Hi James,

The issue that you encountered regarding the program is may be caused by some files or components that are missing on the system. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you
    reset OneDrive using the Run commands. This process will restart the program to its working state and eliminate any software conflicts. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start, type Run, and then press Enter.
    • Copy and paste the following command into the Run window and click
      OK.
      • %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    • Make sure that the OneDrive icon in the notification area of the taskbar will disappear and reappear after a minute or two.
    • If the icon doesn’t reappear after a few minutes, copy this command:
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe
      and paste it into the
      Run window, and then click OK.
    • Once you’re done, check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Jun 24, 2018
  4. OneDrive Semi Icon Missing Again

OneDrive Icon

Thank you for your response. To move the OneDrive icon, you can follow the steps below:

• Click Start button, then select Settings.
    • Go to Personalization.
    • On Perosonalization, click Taskbar.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Turn off Microsoft OneDrive.
    We will wait for the outcome.

Marielle Cas, Jun 24, 2018
Thema:

OneDrive Semi Icon Missing Again

1. OneDrive Semi Icon Missing Again - Similar Threads - OneDrive Semi Icon

2. Windows 11 23H2 Taskbar Icons Missing Again again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 23H2 Taskbar Icons Missing Again again: I had icons missing on the task bar. I completed the steps in the following link microsoft question. The icons came back. When I went to update my nvidia drivers, the icons are now missing again. I followed the steps below and they did not fix the issue like they did before I...
  3. Windows 11 23H2 Taskbar Icons Missing Again again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 23H2 Taskbar Icons Missing Again again: I had icons missing on the task bar. I completed the steps in the following link microsoft question. The icons came back. When I went to update my nvidia drivers, the icons are now missing again. I followed the steps below and they did not fix the issue like they did before I...
  4. OneDrive Icon missing and folder doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Icon missing and folder doesn't work: At some point over the last few days the OneDrive icon which is usually in the bottom right corner of the taskbar has disappeared. I can access my OneDrive folder through file explorer, however the files are not up to date with what files should actually be there, I checked...
  5. OneDrive Icon missing and folder doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Icon missing and folder doesn't work: At some point over the last few days the OneDrive icon which is usually in the bottom right corner of the taskbar has disappeared. I can access my OneDrive folder through file explorer, however the files are not up to date with what files should actually be there, I checked...
  6. OneDrive again!!

OneDrive again!!: I have a continual problem with OneDriveon my Desktop computer. It works for a while and then suddenly the quick access icons disappear and the files stop synching. If you right click on file explorer and click "pin to quick access" it doesn't work. So in the past I have...
  7. Onedrive Icon missing lower right area

Onedrive Icon missing lower right area: I have a personal office 365 since comcast talked me into a .com account the icon disavaporated :) I had been using one drive without issue until office.com came along with the .com account. now the icon is gone I tried searching windows but it says it is no longer there I...
  8. OneDrive icon missing from tray plus OneDriveSetup.exe missing

OneDrive icon missing from tray plus OneDriveSetup.exe missing: Windows Security is reporting that I need to setup OneDrive, but nothing happens when I click the button. The OneDrive icon is File Explorer is there, but looks like one of those regular .exe icons rather than the blue cloud icon I'm used to. And I also can't find...
  9. Missing OneDrive icon in notifcation area

Missing OneDrive icon in notifcation area: I am trying to setup folders to sync between my PC and my OneDrive Account. It appears that I set this up by changing settings by using the OneDrive icon in the notification area. However, there is no OneDrive icon in the notification area and there is no option to 'turn...
  10. OneDrive Semi Missing Again

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Semi Missing Again: This is the second time this has happened. After the last CU update I reinstalled OneDrive which I had hoped had fixed it and so it was for about four days. The OneDrive icon is missing from my systray. The files on demand feature is missing. The files are now local. The...