Windows 10: OneDrive-Set expiry time for shared file?

Discus and support OneDrive-Set expiry time for shared file? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a very large file that I need to share using OneDrive. Whilst trawling through OneDrive I thought I saw something where you could set an expiry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Judesman, May 25, 2017.

1. Judesman Win User

OneDrive-Set expiry time for shared file?

I have a very large file that I need to share using OneDrive. Whilst trawling through OneDrive I thought I saw something where you could set an expiry time so the time the recipient had to share the file would expire after a specific time.

I have been unable to find this setting in OneDrive and I can't seem to find anything about it on the internet. It is an Office 2016 file that I want to share.

Any thoughts please?

:)

Judesman, May 25, 2017

2. Removing the "rooms" feature

Photos and notes, which are stored on OneDrive, can be still be shared using OneDrive . To quickly view shared items, go to
    Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. or tap the "Shared" tab in the OneDrive app. Using OneDrive you can modify the share setting of existing folders or
    choose to Share new folders.

Greg

Greg [MSFT], May 25, 2017
  3. garym123 Win User
    Photos/Videos Backup - Select All Option

Probably because it will take a long time, even on a quick WiFi to share all to OneDrive.

You have to tap select, then tap each picture you want to share, then tap share and select OneDrive.

garym123, May 25, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

Setting an expiry date for shared files in OneDrive is a feature available in Office 365 Home and Personal subscriptions which both include Premium OneDrive features:

OneDrive-Set expiry time for shared file? [​IMG]

It is not available in free OneDrive service, clicking Set expiry date only showing link to get (subscribe / buy) Premium:

• Office 365 Personal = 1 license, price €69 (£59.99 / $69.99) per year or €7 (£5.99 / $6.99) per month
    • Office 365 Home = 5 licenses, price €99 (£79.99 / $99.99) per year or €10 (£7.99 / $9.99) per month
    Each license includes:
    • Office suite install on 1 PC & 1 tablet (Office suite = Access, Excel, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Word)
    • 1 TB OneDrive with Premium features
    • 60 free Skype minutes to call landline numbers globally and mobile numbers in selected countries
    Microsoft OneDrive Plans

5. Judesman Win User
    Many thanks Kari, that explains that.

Judesman, May 25, 2017
  6. Kari Win User
    You are welcome.

My recommendation when using free OneDrive is to save a file being shared in OneDrive\Public folder, share the link and make a Calendar note for yourself for expiration.

When you get the Calendar notification on the day you want to stop sharing the file in question, move the file from OneDrive\Public to any local (not OneDrive) folder. IF you move it to another OneDrive folder, the shared link still works.

When moved, the shared link no longer works:

7. Judesman Win User
    Many thanks Kari. Noted.

Judesman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. OneDrive-Set expiry time for shared file? - Similar Threads - OneDrive Set expiry

2. WFC file share witness time out setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WFC file share witness time out setting: I have a 2 node cluster with a file share witness. I was upgrading the file server which required a reboot. During the reboot the cluster failed over resources which were running on node 1. I checked the cluster event log and noticed the file share witness went offline, which...
  3. WFC file share witness time out setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WFC file share witness time out setting: I have a 2 node cluster with a file share witness. I was upgrading the file server which required a reboot. During the reboot the cluster failed over resources which were running on node 1. I checked the cluster event log and noticed the file share witness went offline, which...
  4. Onedrive file sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive file sharing: Good Morning,Is anyone experiencing issues when a file is shared in Teams from Onedrive and unable to see who the file has been shared with and change access.I have Users that can no longer see these options in Onedrive but can for files shared more than 3 weeks ago.Please...
  5. Windows 10 pro expiry time?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pro expiry time?: Hi, I am trying to find out when my digital licence will expire for my WIN 10 PRO. There was some kind of popup warning, time for me was running out, but I can't remember if I'm covered for 2021? Can I type in my Product Key somewhere to find this info? Any help would be...
  6. OneDrive Shared Folder not Sharing Files

OneDrive Shared Folder not Sharing Files: I created a View-Only Shared OneDrive Folder with another person. I have confirmed that this folder is visible on their OneDrive Account and was downloaded onto all their devices. I then added files to the Folder, but the files themselves have not been shared. The files...
  7. OneDrive Shared Folder & Files

OneDrive Shared Folder & Files: I can't find the answer anywhere unfortunately. I must be doing something wrong.... I am moving from Google Drive to OneDrive and don't find this easy to do in OneDrive. How can I set a folder to non-editable, always shared without have to do it each and every time? I...
  8. Sharing onedrive files

Sharing onedrive files: Why cant I share a link to my OneDrive files and folders? The menu item is missing from my OneDrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-onedrive-files/e8ab449c-efb1-442b-8c17-6ba03f6d3e04"
  9. File sharing Office files on OneDrive

File sharing Office files on OneDrive: I have a .docx file I created using Office 365 Home on a Win 10 Pro 64 bit system (ComputerA). I shared the file, within Word, to a user on Computer B, also running Win 10 Pro, Office 365 Home. The eMail with the share info was sent from Computer A and received on Computer...
  10. Share OneDrive Files and Folders

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Share OneDrive Files and Folders: How to: Share OneDrive Files and Folders How to Share Your OneDrive Files and Folders [img] Information You can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your Windows 10 PC, Windows 10 tablet, or Windows 10 Mobile phone. You can use...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to set expiry for onedrive

2. onedrive cant see share file expiry options

3. share a file in Onedrive with expiry

4. set expiry for shared files on onedrive 365 2018