Windows 10: OneDrive & Skype

Discus and support OneDrive & Skype in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Microsoft (MS) Office 2016 and its subscription service MS Office 365. It contains two apps/programs that I don't know anything about and they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BarryG323, Aug 14, 2018.

1. BarryG323 Win User

OneDrive & Skype

I have Microsoft (MS) Office 2016 and its subscription service MS Office 365. It contains two apps/programs that I don't know anything about and they are OneDrive and Skype. What is the function of OneDrive and Skype? Who/what are their competitors? Does Yahoo! have similar apps?

:)

BarryG323, Aug 14, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Skype?

As this is a now quite established messenger system of sorts perhaps a Skype feature for people skype names so perhaps some real time problem solving/discussions could be mounted?
    Just a wee suggestion.
    What does everyone else think?

thedivinehairband, Aug 14, 2018
  4. OneDrive & Skype

Removing Skype and disabling or removing One Drive

Hi Marina,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

It seems that, some of the third party application is conflicting with the system files, which leads computer to process slowly.

As an initial step, I suggest you to Run maintenance task,
    and check if the system works properly.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's performance or using high memory space, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the
    same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

To uninstall Skype and OneDrive from the system, follow the below steps.

Step 1: Uninstall Skype app.

1) Right click on the Skype app.

2) Select the Uninstall option.

(Note: If you are redirected to Program and feature Windows after selecting uninstall then, again right click on the Skype and select Uninstall)

Step 2: Uninstall OneDrive.

To uninstall OneDrive app, refer to the below link.

Turn off, disable, or uninstall OneDrive

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

OneDrive & Skype

1. OneDrive & Skype - Similar Threads - OneDrive Skype

2. How do I uninstall Edge/OneDrive/Skype?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I uninstall Edge/OneDrive/Skype?: I have searched around, but all the supposed "solutions" I've found don't work. I have never used Microsoft Edge, and have no intention to, but it still runs in the background on my system all the time. Most of the time it has many copies of itself running in the...
  3. hacked version of onedrive and skype on my computers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hacked version of onedrive and skype on my computers: Hello, when i reset my pc i can see that the OneDrive version is not the same as when clean installing . same for Skype . If Microsoft isn't able to install the right version on my system then i prefer to get rid of it because i start to really hate microsoft now.......
  4. OneDrive and Skype for Business

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive and Skype for Business: Let me first start with I'm new to Windows and I appreciate anyone that can help me. I recently purchased a Surface Pro 7. I'm still tinkering with it, trying to get it just right. Through the school I work at I have an office 365 subscription I can use on my personal...
  5. Microsoft Edge, Skype, Onedrive & Apple Software Updater wont connect to internet. Google...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge, Skype, Onedrive & Apple Software Updater wont connect to internet. Google...: Hi! I've had this problem for about 2 years, and I feel I've tread about everything there is to try. Of any simillar problems I've found on the forum, none are answered. The problem came out of nowhere (at least as far as i know, not after a major update etc), and was not...
  6. Automatic sign in to Outlook/Skype/OneDrive

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Automatic sign in to Outlook/Skype/OneDrive: Hello, is it possible to configure automatic sign in to Outlook/Skype/OneDrive when user logs in with domain account for the first time? we are using W2K12 AD with dirsync to O365. cheers,...
  7. OneDrive is now integrated with Skype

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive is now integrated with Skype: Skype users can now share links to files and folders they want to collaborate on in a chat using the OneDrive extension for Skype. Available in all markets, languages, and platforms except Mac and Linux, the latest version of Skype now also supports OneDrive—enabling you to...
  8. Microsoft Outlook, Skype, OneDrive hit by another authentication issue

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Outlook, Skype, OneDrive hit by another authentication issue: Two weeks ago, a widespread authentication issue prevented a number of Microsoft users from accessing their cloud services. It looks like it's happening again today, March 21. On March 21, users across the world began reporting via Twitter that they couldn't sign into...
  9. Microsoft authentication issue hits Outlook, Skype, OneDrive, Xbox

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft authentication issue hits Outlook, Skype, OneDrive, Xbox: Microsoft authentication issue hits Outlook, Skype, OneDrive, Xbox users Many Microsoft users are reporting they cannot access their key services this morning, March 7, thanks to what looks to be a Microsoft Account authentication glitch. Microsoft is apparently...
  10. Microsoft Tweaks Skype Notifications in Outlook.com and OneDrive

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Tweaks Skype Notifications in Outlook.com and OneDrive: In January, Microsoft finally added the feature I was asking for: A way to turn off Skype notifications in Outlook.com and OneDrive. So you can make the change once and it will persist across these services, and across browsers and PCs, going forward. This week, however,...