Windows 10: OneDrive sync false error message

Discus and support OneDrive sync false error message in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I resinstalled my Windwos 10 pro, on my computer. In previous installation OneDrive has offline storage on this computer with some folder excepted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bogdan Ionescu, Jul 11, 2018.

1. OneDrive sync false error message

I resinstalled my Windwos 10 pro, on my computer.

In previous installation OneDrive has offline storage on this computer with some folder excepted form sync.

After I setup OneDrive option to sync. the offline storage with online version, and set excepted folders from sync.

After finished sync operation OneDrive report a false error message:

title: 8 files can't be synced with OneDrive: and a list of local subfolders of sync excepted folder

each subfolder has the error: You already have a file or folder with this name in the same location.

False - I don't have any folder in OneDrive excepted folders from sync.

The sync operation is corect, except this false error message which reside on notification area, and doesn't disappear.

:)

Bogdan Ionescu, Jul 11, 2018
  2. andru Win User

Onedrive sync errors

I have recently reinstalled a clean install of Windows 10. I am now having sync errors from Onedrive. I have my Onedrive folder on my D Drive asit always has been. Now I get the error message that certain folders or no longer there to sync, even though they are present. It gives me the option of restarting Onedrive where I have to login again and chose my sync folder. This happens a few times daily and with different folders each time.
    How can I correct this error as it really is annoying now?

andru, Jul 11, 2018
  3. taward Win User
    OneDrive Selective Sync Error

When trying to deselect a folder to stop it from syncing, I get the following error message:

OneDrive sync false error message [​IMG]

I know that he folder that I am trying to unsync is not changing. In fact, nothing is being changed and the onedrive icon in the taskbar says so too.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jul 11, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

OneDrive sync false error message

OneDrive Sync Issue

Honestly, I don't understand why you haven't already tried to boot with WinPE or other live disk and manually remove the file? This example using Macrium WinPE boot disk, download Macrium Free and let it create a boot disk for you. Option to create one is shown automatically when you launch Macrium first time:

OneDrive sync false error message [​IMG]

• Switch to C: drive
    • Change the working folder to your OneDrive folder
    • Check that the file has no Read Only (r) and System (s) attributes set. As the file name in your case is quite long, you don't have to type the full name. Use the *.* wildcard to replace any number of characters in file name and any extension, in your case command attrib .849C*.* should be enough
    • If r and / or s attributes are shown for the file, remove them with command attrib .849C*.* -r -s
    • Check that attributes r & s are removed
    • Delete the file with del .849C*.*
    (Steps 3 & 5 not necessary; step 3 because removing attributes as in step 4 removes them if set but does no harm if not set, and step 5 because the attrib command works for 100% sure if no error messages are given.)

The file should be removed now. You can test with command dir .849C*.*, it should not be shown anymore.

Thema:

OneDrive sync false error message

1. OneDrive sync false error message - Similar Threads - OneDrive sync false

2. OneDrive Sync Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Sync Error: OneDrive sync error: no permissions for norton security.lnk. I checked norton firewall permissions and OneDrive is set to "allow". Please help. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-sync-error/9190487d-81b0-4b37-a53b-19e3ec4b2264
  3. OneDrive Sync Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Sync Error: OneDrive sync error: no permissions for norton security.lnk. I checked norton firewall permissions and OneDrive is set to "allow". Please help. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-sync-error/9190487d-81b0-4b37-a53b-19e3ec4b2264
  4. OneDrive Syncing Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Syncing Error: Hey everyone, I'm encountering an error with OneDrive syncing on my Windows 11 laptop. Some of my files are not syncing properly, and I keep getting error messages saying that certain files couldn't be uploaded. I've tried restarting OneDrive and checking my storage space,...
  5. OneDrive Syncing Error

OneDrive Syncing Error: Hey everyone, I'm encountering an error with OneDrive syncing on my Windows 11 laptop. Some of my files are not syncing properly, and I keep getting error messages saying that certain files couldn't be uploaded. I've tried restarting OneDrive and checking my storage space,...
  6. OneDrive error message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OneDrive error message: I have been getting an error message that my OneDrive is not accessible. Was there an upgrade issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-error-message/6c13468a-a569-4394-98d5-4af9abb9ec15
  7. OneDrive Sync Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneDrive Sync Error: I accidentally moved the shortcut for Chrome from my desktop to OneDrive. I moved it back, but now it gives me a sync error as it doesn't have permission to access Chrome. submitted by /u/oldcaprice [link] [comments]...
  8. false activation message

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    false activation message: I run win 10 on imac 27 via boot camp since 2013. Recently my directly start on win 10, stoped working. So i bougth parallels desktop. Unfornunately i get a message for not activated windows when i use windows 10 via parallels desktop. All efforts to reactivate windows...
  9. OneDrive Selective Sync Error

OneDrive Selective Sync Error: When trying to deselect a folder to stop it from syncing, I get the following error message: [img] I know that he folder that I am trying to unsync is not changing. In fact, nothing is being changed and the onedrive icon in the taskbar says so too. Any thoughts? 10831
  10. Onedrive sync errors

Onedrive sync errors: I have recently reinstalled a clean install of Windows 10. I am now having sync errors from Onedrive. I have my Onedrive folder on my D Drive asit always has been. Now I get the error message that certain folders or no longer there to sync, even though they are present. It...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive sync failure message

2. one drive sync error message